Author Topic: So I'm Pissed!!!!! Pictures Added  (Read 9250 times)

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
So I'm Pissed!!!!! Pictures Added
« on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »
So I got a set of Alloy Chromoly inner axles through Marlin a year ago, because of a "10 year" warranty. I broke one yesterday. Marlin no longer has the axles or an account with Alloy so I had to contact Alloy directly. Here is the kicker, Alloy went out of business and was bought out under the same name. So anything purchased from them before 6 months ago your out of luck.

So anything with a "10 year warranty" from alloy that Marlin is trying to sell right now has no warranty(Hence the sales), since it was bought before alloy changed ownership. Maybe that should be changed, cause per alloy "there is no warranty".

Im not trying to stir the pot or piss anyone off just inform. I love marlins products and alway will buy from them. Big thanks to Brendon who has been a huge help with all this stuff  :thumbs: and of course here it is  :biggthumpup:

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2009, 02:18:25 PM by slolyfe »
You'll never take me alive

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm Pissed!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »
Man that sucks.. sorry to hear that :(

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
Meh, I had a inner from back when Marlin sold poly performance CroMo inners literally shatter.  never worried about going to Marlin, went straight to PP and didn't have much luck.  I gave up and tossed stockers back in and kept wheeling till I upgraded to 'tons. :greengrin:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 362
  • Male Posts: 1,715
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
my brother just destropyed some longs, sent them back and got some new shiny ones, sweeet
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »
Wow dude that sucks!!! What's up with that? That's shady that the new company won't guarantee the parts regardless - aren't they still selling the same products anyway??
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »
L O N G S.  :_order:

Slolyfe [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
Wow dude that sucks!!! What's up with that? That's shady that the new company won't guarantee the parts regardless - aren't they still selling the same products anyway??

And MARLIN is still selling their leftover inventory!!!! Advertising a 10 year warranty!

L O N G S.  :_order:

Already ordered!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
And MARLIN is still selling their leftover inventory!!!! Advertising a 10 year warranty!

Already ordered!

Maybe this should be moved to 'product support' then... :dunno: and Marlin advised :headscratched:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Slolyfe [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
Maybe this should be moved to 'product support' then... :dunno: and Marlin advised :headscratched:

Do you know how to do that?

I spent the morning on the phone with them...

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »
Do you know how to do that?

I spent the morning on the phone with them...

Oh okay, well I guess they're aware of it already if you've been on the phone with them this morning... :dunno:

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »
Damn that sucks dude! Don't you have 27Spline Longs?
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
well atleast now you have cromo spares, minus a short side inner
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »

Already ordered!

Just so there is no confession. When I spoke with the "new owners" of Alloy USA a few months ago they did not change their warranty program. They also informed me that they had not Toyota product and had not added Toyota product to their production schedule. We also had to setup an account and show activity on said account. Since they have no Toyota products available this made no sense. We do not sell Jeep product. Maybe since they have no parts to warranty its easy to just change the warranty. I don't know. I did not know the warranty situation until you had called today and I looked into it. I have changed the text on the page but BigMike will need to change the photo tonight.

We are not trying to mislead customer so please understand we had not be told of the change and I don't have to time to check their web site that often.

I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Unfortunately we will not be caring Alloy USA once we blow out our stock.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

Slolyfe [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 10, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »
Just so there is no confession. When I spoke with the "new owners" of Alloy USA a few months ago they did not change their warranty program. They also informed me that they had not Toyota product and had not added Toyota product to their production schedule. We also had to setup an account and show activity on said account. Since they have no Toyota products available this made no sense. We do not sell Jeep product. Maybe since they have no parts to warranty its easy to just change the warranty. I don't know. I did not know the warranty situation until you had called today and I looked into it. I have changed the text on the page but BigMike will need to change the photo tonight.

We are not trying to mislead customer so please understand we had not be told of the change and I don't have to time to check their web site that often.

I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Unfortunately we will not be caring Alloy USA once we blow out our stock.

I completely understand that you guys are not trying to slip one by us, but it was misleading. When I purchased the axles there was a warranty, but now there is not(one of the reasons I went with marlin and not Longfields). I know Marlin could not foresee Alloy going out of business, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the current facts.

Marlin Crawler has been very helpful with this current situation and thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it. Just kinda sucks for all of us who bought these axles. Thanks again, austin

Slolyfe [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 10, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »
Damn that sucks dude! Don't you have 27Spline Longs?

No, I had all the stuff Marlin sells. But its for sale minus a short-side inner. Marfields are still in good shape and LONGS are in the mail!

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2009, 05:10:03 PM »
That really sucks man. I dont see why marlin cant replace your inner since they did go through alloy. Therefor marlin should take a kick in the nuts on the axel and not you. Those are the kinds of things that make good customer service. 

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2009, 05:22:48 PM »
It would be cool if Marlin did hook you up since once parts are gone they are not going to carry them anymore :)

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
Ya Man up marlin crawler!  :hammerhead: haha

Slolyfe [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
That really sucks man. I dont see why marlin cant replace your inner since they did go through alloy. Therefor marlin should take a kick in the nuts on the axel and not you. Those are the kinds of things that make good customer service. 

Marlin said they would ship a new one today..... But they dont have anymore and don't do business with "The New" Alloy. So they don't have any or plan on getting more soon.

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 10, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »

I feel this is a harsh quote towards Marlin but I'm also glad that he would ship a new one regardless. That's just the kinda guy he is.
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 10, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
dude that sucks big time. i ran longs haha, good thing you have them comin :beer:
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 10, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »

:hahaha:  :hahaha:  :hahaha:

Way to call us out when you have very little info on the matter.  ::)

Like I told Austin when we spoke earlier today, if we had a short side inner on the shelf, it would have already been in a box and on it's way to him. Unfortunately due to Alloy not handling their warranties in a timely manner even when it was still Alloy, some of our previous inventory was sent out to keep our customers on the trail at our cost versus the company carrying the warranty.

So as you have so eloquently put it, I could not get Austin a shaft off our shelf because we have already "taken it in the nuts" many times in an attempt to take care of our customers.  We are not happy about the situation but there is nothing we can do as the new Alloy has shown no interest in bringing these products back to market.
"between projects"

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 10, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
:hahaha:  :hahaha:  :hahaha:

Way to call us out when you have very little info on the matter.  ::)

Like I told Austin when we spoke earlier today, if we had a short side inner on the shelf, it would have already been in a box and on it's way to him. Unfortunately due to Alloy not handling their warranties in a timely manner even when it was still Alloy, some of our previous inventory was sent out to keep our customers on the trail at our cost versus the company carrying the warranty.

So as you have so eloquently put it, I could not get Austin a shaft off our shelf because we have already "taken it in the nuts" many times in an attempt to take care of our customers.  We are not happy about the situation but there is nothing we can do as the new Alloy has shown no interest in bringing these products back to market.

sheesh Fred settle down!

I know the response on here wasn't the best.. but I know that if it was me and my cash flow I would be upset about it too.. you think you are getting a lifetime part and that's why you spend a little extra and you don't really care who ultimately replaces it as long as it gets replaced.. and first thought would be the place you bought it from regardless of the politics that went down behind the scenes... plus i know it sucks.. but isn't eating costs part of being a business from time to time regardless of how cool the business is?

Besides.. i thought this was handled now and the shaft is on its way? :screwy: :dunno:

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 362
  • Male Posts: 1,715
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 10, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
sounds like the new alloy needs to take a few in the nuts....
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 10, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
sounds like the new alloy needs to take a few in the nuts....

I'm with that one! hahaha
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
sheesh Fred settle down!

I know the response on here wasn't the best.. but I know that if it was me and my cash flow I would be upset about it too.. you think you are getting a lifetime part and that's why you spend a little extra and you don't really care who ultimately replaces it as long as it gets replaced.. and first thought would be the place you bought it from regardless of the politics that went down behind the scenes... plus i know it sucks.. but isn't eating costs part of being a business from time to time regardless of how cool the business is?

Besides.. i thought this was handled now and the shaft is on its way? :screwy: :dunno:

im with chim on this one i was just giving my  :twocents:

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »
what it sounds like is alloy isn't even making toy axles anymore so theres no way to get them.
plus that's life, me and Austin were actually talking about on the way down to hollister before he broke it, how it sucks when you buy a warrentied item and the place goes under before you can even replace it.
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
what it sounds like is alloy isn't even making toy axles anymore so theres no way to get them.
plus that's life, me and Austin were actually talking about on the way down to hollister before he broke it, how it sucks when you buy a warrentied item and the place goes under before you can even replace it.

lifes a bitc* i guess.....

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »
lifes a bitc* i guess.....

basically haha

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 10, 2009, 11:36:05 PM »
basically haha

i hope this never happens with my yukon birf eliminators with the super joints. that would suck to bite the bullet like slolyfe is