Author Topic: Halladay.. 88sastoy..  (Read 77342 times)

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Halladay.. 88sastoy..
« on: Jun 17, 2009, 11:07:14 PM »
1988 toyota pickup dlx.
crate motor punched .020 over stage two cam, hedman header, cold air intake
3 inch body lift   :inthedark:
sas with toy rears
35" bfg muds
welded rear
sliders
bobbed bed 16 inchs
trianglulating rear shock/ u bolt flip kit in rear
locker up front
YUKON BERFIELD eliminators w/super joints
Exo Cage

Build up plans now are...

duals
40dezz  :yupyup:
flat belly
any other ideas? its a dd now but not for long. i only drive it wheeling and to work witch is less than a mile from my house....
heres my pics
 :beerchug:

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/johnhalladay/4x4/z.jpg[/IMG]

:beer: :usa:
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009, 11:09:23 PM by Halladay »

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Re: 88 sas toy
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2009, 11:21:07 PM »
got my rear shock set up done today and going to post pics 2marrow. also gong wheeling and have pics of that as well

runner88

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Re: 88sas toy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
NICE  :biggthumpup: :beer:
Thanks for the motivation... I need to get my @rse in gear and SAS my 88!

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Re: 88sas toy
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
world of differance bro

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Re: 88sas toy (marlin leaf Vs. other)
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2009, 10:58:36 PM »
so i got my dual addapter from marlin with 10 degree clock. thats my current project as of now. my next is getting away from my stock rears in the front and back...
witch is better for a dd after removing the body lift? (i want more flex)
-marlin 4 inch springs
-trail  gear 4 inch
-all pro 4 inch
or other brands
s10s in rear with random front
or the old fashion mixing the springs

sirhc0306

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -7
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Apr '09
  • beer is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:17:21 PM »
nice build. i like my 88. Marlin front 4in and chevy 63's is what is did on mine. it seens to work quite well. good luck on the build and keep the pics coming
92 SAS truggy, Dana 44 Detroit 5.38's, 3 link with 14in Kings, Rear 9in Spool 5.42's, 3 link with 14in Kings, 22RE, SM465, 23 spline 2.28 and 4.70. 39.5 Iroks on OMF beadlocks. Warn 9000

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:28:42 PM »
ok i got some more im going to post... but i bobbed my bed so short that i cut the frame right to the back of the shackle. from what i know you have to move the hanger forward and the shackle back..... true?

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
Too late now. You have the right idea though. Make it fit. Lets see pics..
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:38:32 PM »
extend the frame might be a possibilty... heres some pics of me and 89sastoy walkin on a ifs runner on 36/14.5 tsl's lol after i installeded my berf eliminators i got for 300 bucks and locked the front up... not as good as a longfeild but ill improve them when i break these im workin on putting more pics up of wheelin at goat mountain....

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
goat mountain 45-10 trail
 :beerchug:

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
my my rear shock tower and installed a u bolt flip in the rear as well as hack off the ugly  :moon: bumper

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
my truck ideals fine a little high if anything but when i apply the brakes sitting in one spot it pulses (Revs high then drops revs high then drops) untill i let off the brakes. what could this be? brake booster?

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
as far as i know its the fuel cut idle RPM or something like that. but it tells the computer to shut off the injectors while you are pressing the brakes (make sense right?) so the injectors are off until a certain rpm then it kicks em back on. causing the pulsing... its caused by a high idle. which you already mentioned, so finding your high idle should also solve your pulsing problem :thumbs:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
truck looks good. glad you got rid of that abortion front smitty bumper
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
thanks man ill have to play with the idel and see if that helps and yea jimbo that bumnper was huge and ugly haha

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
thanks man ill have to play with the idel and see if that helps and yea jimbo that bumnper was huge and ugly haha
not a problem. i finally found that whole thing out on my truck after months. but ic got no idea what causes my high idle so iv dealt with it on and off for about 3 months now.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
yea thats how mine has been. i think screwing around with the air/fuel ratio screw might fix the problem. (the set screw on the throttle body)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
if the injectors are off until a certain rpm, how does it reac hthe rpm without fuel?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
yea idk if thats what it is. lol i was thinking about that. some of my buddies are saying a vacume leak at the brake booster. possible?

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
if the injectors are off until a certain rpm, how does it reac hthe rpm without fuel?
the injectors turn off when teh brakes are applied, when it drops to a ceratin RPM they turn back on... it hink thats what your asking... :dunno:

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yea idk if thats what it is. lol i was thinking about that. some of my buddies are saying a vacume leak at the brake booster. possible?
then block off the vacuum tube to the booster and try it again. just dont try any quick stops like that...haha

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
yea i could try that...

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
"It's an 85 xcab efi. When I hit the brakes my idle drops off 500 rpms or so then recovers, over and over again. It dosen't happen when It's warming up, just when hot."

"I would bet you that your idle is set to high. Sometimes the screw works loose with vibration. If your idle is at like 1100, it's too high. With the engine warm, try lowering the idle at the intake manifold to about 750 or so. That will probably solve your problem. Mine was doing the same thing last week after the new header. Adjusted the idle and it's fine. "

"The EFI computer receives a signal from the brake circuit that tells it that the brakes are being applied. This causes the computer to shut off the injectors if the RPM's are over a certain level and the engine is in "closed loop" as engine power should not be needed if the brakes are being applied.I believe the set point for the injector cut out is 850 to 900 RPM. This is what causes the surging - your idle RPM is too high, when the brakes are applied the injectors are cut out until the RPM's drop below this level. The engine then run's again. This only happens when the engine goes into "closed loop" so this will not happen when the engine is at a higher idle speed warming up. I am willing to bet your idle speed is around 1000 RPM when this happens. To fix this problem, simply adjust your warm idle speed to 750 RPM as per the factory.

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
cool thanks that makes sence cause i installed a header and thats when it started happening

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
The cause for this is usually a vacuum leak(small). A malfunctioning IAC valve (common) could cause this (not warming up and closing the cold start throttle bypass orifice). A loose intake bolt or two or a loose egr system connection(between the actual valve and the intake connection), or could be a cracked vacuum hose. It would have to be a very small vacuum leak, because the engine still runs smoothly. A large leak will kill the engine or cause it to run really rough. If you can turn the idle set screw all the way in and still have a high idle, then one of these should be your problem.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
okay cool thanks man ill do that 2marrow and let you know what happens

coods

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 178
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
nice i didnt know you had a build on here. so you goin up for the 4th

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
ont for the weekend but im trying to come up sunday and stay till monday. are you going

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
any luck with vacuum lines or turnin idle down?

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
yea i messed with the set screw and the its better now but it still does it every once in a while