Author Topic: Gov't. Rebate check  (Read 9133 times)

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Gov't. Rebate check
« on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:14 PM »
The federal government is sending each and everyone of us
a $600 rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to
China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico,
Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan...
and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy
prostitutes, weed, beer, cigarettes, whiskey, and tattoos,
since these are the only products still produced in the
USA.

Thank you for your help & please support the U.S.  :usa:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Re: Gov't. Rebate check
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes
Pssssst -- last I heard, you can only rent them...   :dunno:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Angler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 128
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
spent mine on some 4.7 gears for my t-case

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »
a $600 rebate.

China.

Honduras, and Guatemala.

the key  is to look at what you buy  where ever  you go,  look for MADE IN THE USA

and  all the services cleaning,auto repair,  home repair,  THAT  is  helping the economy,  DONT PUT IT IN THE BANK,  cause that helps nobody but the bank
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »
a $600 rebate.

China.

Honduras, and Guatemala.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy
prostitutes, weed, beer, cigarettes, whiskey, and tattoos,
since these are the only products still produced in the
USA.

This is a good point... I will think about this once I get mine.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »
not everyone gets $600.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »
a $600 rebate.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy weed since these are the only products still produced in the
USA.

I'm no expert, but I know a lot of weed comes from mexico, and if you want the stickiest of the icky, you gotta get it from those dang canooks! 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »
I'm no expert, but I know a lot of weed comes from mexico, and if you want the stickiest of the icky, you gotta get it from those dang canooks! 

See, I've been out of the loop for so long...I thought the good stuff came from Kentucky or Hawaii.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
the key  is to look at what you buy  where ever  you go,  look for MADE IN THE USA

and  all the services cleaning,auto repair,  home repair,  THAT  is  helping the economy,  DONT PUT IT IN THE BANK,  cause that helps nobody but the bank

1) its kind of a joke :shake:

2) Saving money is usually considered a good thing :headscratch:  I know a savings account isn't the best way to make money on savings, but its better than nothing.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:11 AM »
EVERYONE SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH MARLIN!
Then we KNOW it's going to a good cause!

:yesnod:

:usa:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 06:32:09 AM »
EVERYONE SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH MARLIN!
Then we KNOW it's going to a good cause!

:yesnod:

:usa:

That was my plan! :thumbs:

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »
Unfortunately, some people will end up having to use that money to catch up on bills because of the high fuel prices, and the slow economy. :down: I know I'll be in that group.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »
Unfortunately, some people will end up having to use that money to catch up on bills because of the high fuel prices, and the slow economy. :down: I know I'll be in that group.
I know of many co-workers and neighbors that are having to choose between gas and food right now.....

What people dont realize is that food prices are about to skyrocket due to the increase in bio-fuel production! A better choice would be to invest the money in the grain or food production industry......just something to think about....
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 08:53:17 AM »
I owe the gov. $550.00 due to messing up my 2005 return.  I am gonna give them their rebate right back.  How is that for not stimulating the economy.  So poetic.  I laugh.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:49 AM »
im always broke :help:....but im still giving all my money to Marlin :turtle:...they just need to have a sale so i can get more stuff :thumbs:....the "poor people sale" :outtahere:

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:58:19 AM »
Yes farmers that swap out their crops for fuel grade corn crops will possibly cause a shortage in the worlds fuel supply.  Call me callous or a prick it makes no matter to me.  But I only ask this, why do we continue to feed the world?  I don't want the world to starve but I sure as hell wouldn't mind them being able to feed themselves.  We have allowed ourselves to become the worlds big brother and it has done nothing but cause us headaches. 

The bio fuel "revolution" we're going through now isn't causing 90% of the price hike on products.  Its the fuel prices plain and simple.  Any trucker that is saying these fuel prices are killing them is a lying whiner.  Unless they have the worst negotiated contract ever they are getting paid the difference in fuel prices.  We are still paying the equivalent of $3 a gallon after the fuel reimbursement that is figured into the price of freight.  So yes, in the end the people are paying more for everything.  ;)
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 09:04:30 AM »
Yes farmers that swap out their crops for fuel grade corn crops will possibly cause a shortage in the worlds fuel supply.  Call me callous or a prick it makes no matter to me.  But I only ask this, why do we continue to feed the world?  I don't want the world to starve but I sure as hell wouldn't mind them being able to feed themselves.  We have allowed ourselves to become the worlds big brother and it has done nothing but cause us headaches. 

We need to start growing hemp...sounds flaky I know...but it would solve the worlds hunger and fuel problem (not to mention other problems like de-forestation) in one swoop
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »
Hemp and switch grass produce 10x's more methane than corn ever thought of.  But you don't see the libs pushing us in that direction do you?  They bitched to get us into bio fuels, cool I'm with that.  Now they are bitching that we need to stop bio fuels due to us "starving" the rest of the world... They won't be happy until this country is driven into the dirt..... 

Uneducated idiots are the only ones that argue against hemp.  They just can't grasp the fact that hemp and smokable marijuana are different....  Ask any grower, if they see a "male" plant they pull it and get rid of it so it doesn't pollinate the "female" plants and cause the smokable buds to bloom into flowers.  5 minutes of research should convince anyone to see the beauty in it but most just simple don't take the time to do it and regurgitate what the uneducated media spews.  :shake:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 10:07:02 AM »
What people dont realize is that food prices are about to skyrocket due to the increase in bio-fuel production! A better choice would be to invest the money in the grain or food production industry......just something to think about....

What do you mean..."about" to skyrocket? It may get worse...but, it's already been going on.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 10:10:38 AM »
What do you mean..."about" to skyrocket? It may get worse...but, it's already been going on.
Yes, it has already been going on.....but this huge jump in crude prices is gonna kick it off (my prediction) It doesnt happen overnight obviously....over a period of years (or decades)
RIP KYOTA

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »
i havn't got my refund check yet.  when did you guys get yours?  i got my tax return two weeks ago, but no refund check.
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »

The bio fuel "revolution" we're going through now isn't causing 90% of the price hike on products.  Its the fuel prices plain and simple.  Any trucker that is saying these fuel prices are killing them is a lying whiner.  Unless they have the worst negotiated contract ever they are getting paid the difference in fuel prices.  We are still paying the equivalent of $3 a gallon after the fuel reimbursement that is figured into the price of freight.  So yes, in the end the people are paying more for everything.  ;)

They do have crappy contracts.  They are going through middle men "dispatchers" who are taking a cut and not passing on fuel premiums.  They bid the job as low as possible and put it out there to see who will pick it up.

I do not know why the independent truckers continue to use these dispatchers.  It would be much more profitable for them to join a trucking fleet, but then thye wouldn't be "independent contractors."
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »
Some of the bigger companies shove it straight in their drivers tail end...  Swift will hire noobies on all day long at 23 cents a mile all day long...  HELL NO!!  My first day in a truck with system transport I was pulling 31 cents...   

I can see independents getting railed too but hell I am on a "fleet" of 4 trucks and I'm the only one that leaves Washington.  We must have good contacts for the loads I haul as we have yet to profit under $500 a week after I'm paid.  Yes a good portion of that goes to maintenance and licensing etc but damn...  If someone is losing $$ they are getting hosed.

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
i havn't got my refund check yet.  when did you guys get yours?  i got my tax return two weeks ago, but no refund check.

i got mine this morning :woohoo:...the way it works is the govt goes off social security #'s...also if you had your tax check direct deposited into a bank account or mailed. my last two #'s of my social are 64 and my tax check was direct deposited so if that tell ya anything. im sure it will take longer to get it through the mail. time to call  :turtle: :yesnod:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 05:14:21 PM »
This will be me right here!  And the rest will be put into the money market in case we go out on strike this June, I hope we don't.   :crossed:

Quoted from WT  "Yes farmers that swap out their crops for fuel grade corn crops will possibly cause a shortage in the worlds fuel supply.  Call me callous or a prick it makes no matter to me.  But I only ask this, why do we continue to feed the world?  I don't want the world to starve but I sure as hell wouldn't mind them being able to feed themselves.  We have allowed ourselves to become the worlds big brother and it has done nothing but cause us headaches." ~

I agree right here!  The $100+ billion spendt on the Iraq war could have fixed our school problems, health care issues, and so on!  It's time we stood back and let them take care of themselves, because we can't even take care of our own problems!  They gotten used to being taken care of for so long that they just automatically expect us to help them.

And another issue that isn't being covered on the "Stimulus Check" is that it is a "LOAN" from next years taxes!   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
The war isn't making us broke....  We have only spent around 1% of the GNP on it since it started....  You want to save some money, get rid of the pork that a vast majority of the idiots put into bills that would ordinarily get passed but they pork them out so much they get voted down or the prez veto's them and looks like a bad guy... 

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
This will be me right here!  And the rest will be put into the money market in case we go out on strike this June, I hope we don't.   :crossed:

Call me callous or a prick it makes no matter to me.  But I only ask this, why do we continue to feed the world?  I don't want the world to starve but I sure as hell wouldn't mind them being able to feed themselves.  We have allowed ourselves to become the worlds big brother and it has done nothing but cause us headaches." ~

I agree right here!  The $100+ billion spendt on the Iraq war could have fixed our school problems, health care issues, and so on!  It's time we stood back and let them take care of themselves, because we can't even take care of our own problems!  They gotten used to being taken care of for so long that they just automatically expect us to help them.

And another issue that isn't being covered on the "Stimulus Check" is that it is a "LOAN" from next years taxes!   

Alright, you callous prick…
   We feed the world because:

1. We see it as a method to buy the support of countries around the world. It doesn’t work. We send, literally, boatloads of support to Ethiopia and it never makes it to the people who are hungry…the war lords keep it for themselves and sell what they don’t need to buy arms.
We can’t invade every country to defeat every evil…and sending the bad guys supplies doesn’t make sense.

2. It makes up feel good to help…even if the help never arrives where it’s needed.

3. What the hell else can we do? We as people, not the nation, can’t let hundreds of thousands die for lack of food. We have to learn…that we, as a nation can’t stop it. Unless every civilized nation will join us at the border in such overwhelming numbers that the bad guys soil themselves in fear, this won’t stop. Mankind, on its own can not rid the world of evil.

$100 billion to fix the school and healthcare issues:

1. What are you going to do…pay parents to become interested in their children’s education? If parents aren’t deeply involved in school…even good private schools will fail. Do you think there are a lot of parents involved in schooling or that belong to the PTA in the urban areas where there is a drop out rate approaching 70%?

2.  Would you pay schools to teach the three R’s and some real world subjects, instead of letting them take over parenting chores?

3. What exactly is our health care issue? Just because someone complains doesn’t mean the system is broken. We spend hundreds of millions ($70 million in California and $40 million in Arizona) in healthcare for Mexican citizens… if I was Felipe Calderon I would have ZZ Top beard, because I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror to shave.
How many more millions for our own citizens who won’t afford healthcare…yet have cars, televisions, cell phones and internet? The abuses of our system make it hard for the few in real need.

4. Would you give every trial lawyer a percentage of that money to stop the frivolous lawsuits over every single thing? The cost of malpractice insurance and huge settlements have driven the cost of health care out of sight and left many communities without any reliable, nearby health care facilities.

The war isn't making us broke....  We have only spent around 1% of the GNP on it since it started....  You want to save some money, get rid of the pork that a vast majority of the idiots put into bills that would ordinarily get passed but they pork them out so much they get voted down or the prez veto's them and looks like a bad guy... 

Actually the cost of the war is over 500 billion from the start until now…but, I agree, that amount is a pittance compared to what Congress wastes every year.
Unless we have the line item veto (I don’t see that…it would call for Congress to give up its power) or require a vote for every line item we will never, short of revolution, get control of government spending.

One question my, Democrat, representative hasn’t yet answered is…if giving us back our own money is good for the economy, why isn’t it even better to let us keep it in the first place? At least then we wouldn’t have spent millions in printing and processing to return it. One great problem with the government and an even worse problem with us, the citizens, too few understand that it’s our money! The feds don’t loose money from a tax cut and we don’t gain any…it’s already ours.
There are some things, that will never come to pass, that would help immensely in returning spending to sensible levels.

1. Have Congress and the President…read the Constitution. Right there in black and white are the limits of what the federal government can do. Unlike the Bible, there are no parables, no prophesies, no complicated translations from ancient tongues…it’s written in our native tongue.

2. Authorize Congress to fund only what is laid out in the Constitution. Anything else would require a nation referendum.

3. End employer withholding for federal taxes. In 2008 a family making $75k, filing jointly, will owe around $11k. Like the frog in a pot brought to a boil slowly, that $11k is taken out in 26 convenient payments of about $423…if you throw the frog into the already boiling pot he will jump out…especially if he sees an $11k bill once a year. When we see the huge amount of our money we cede to these people and how little regard they have for what it takes to earn, heads would roll and waste would cease.

In my mind it boils down to this...we need to be the best, the strongest America we can be, we need to be the beacon of hope to the world...not the nanny.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
I told the IRS to send me mine in Euros.  :thumbs: that way in six months it will still be of value.  :yesnod:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
I told the IRS to send me mine in Euros.  :thumbs: that way in six months it will still be of value.  :yesnod:

Prudent move!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
i got mine this morning :woohoo:...the way it works is the govt goes off social security #'s...also if you had your tax check direct deposited into a bank account or mailed. my last two #'s of my social are 64 and my tax check was direct deposited so if that tell ya anything. im sure it will take longer to get it through the mail. time to call  :turtle: :yesnod:

Damn  :yikes:  I'd have mine already if my bank hadn't denied the govt check from my rebate  :shake:  I don't know why they denied it, but it's gonna bite me in the ass because they had to send it snail mail.  I woulda been in the first wave of rebates.

I have a couple options for what to do with mine.  I was thinking I wouldn't be able to go on my hikes this year with fuel costs since it takes almost 3/4 tank to go there and back, but I may just use the stimulas check to cover gas for my hikes.  The up side of it would be, aside from not paying out of pocket for the fuel, that I could justify going more often and maybe even get in better shape!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!