Author Topic: oregon 3rd gen build ****FOR SALE****  (Read 166315 times)

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
Re: oregon 3rd gen build *CRAWLING ALONG*
« Reply #360 on: Dec 22, 2008, 02:03:26 PM »
you gett that thing done you still needing any parts
I still need a couple things but nothing too big... its just down to the nitty gritty now and figuring out why my stupid ass motor wont run ???
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

greenjacob

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:23:11 PM »
you looking for a frount axle for your other truck still. motor wont run you ever gona get hat thing goign alot of snow on peak
1986 4runner 93 22re 5.29s locked f/r duals twin sticks 39.5s

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: Dec 22, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
 :woohoo: the truck runs finally.... one of my fuel hard lines after the fuel filter was clogged with rust and thats why there was fuel at the filter but not at the fuel rail.... but anyway it finally fires up and runs pretty damn good actually it just needs exhaust and a few other little things.... then I am down to drivelines and building my tranny tunnel and finishing up some cosmetic tubing work....but it will be going for the test run on new years at my buddies property in crabtree so it should be fun!!!
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Re: oregon 3rd gen build *FINALLY RUNS*
« Reply #363 on: Dec 24, 2008, 08:39:56 AM »
ok so I got a bunch more stuff done to the truck last night... trying to have it ready for our new years wheelin party.... I got my rusted fuel hard line replaced and new fuel filters installed... got my rear axle re-assembled and all the brakes plumbed and bled....I also got the clutch plumbed and bled and then we realized that we forgot to install the little retaining clip/spring onto the clutch fork and throwout bearing so the clutch fork wont stay put.... I am gonna keep my fingers crossed that it will work the way it is for this wheelin trip as I dont care to pull the trans out again.... another problem I ran into was my power-steering hard line from my 3.0l is a tiny bit too small to fit on my 2rz pump....so I need to figure out what to do with that now... I will post up some pics of the steering fitting after work today and see if anyone has any ideas....

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

greenjacob

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: Dec 25, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
sounds like its going good get that :pokinit: done lets wheel
1986 4runner 93 22re 5.29s locked f/r duals twin sticks 39.5s

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #365 on: Dec 25, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »
yeah no :pokinit:, finsh that pile of crap already.

:gap:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: Dec 25, 2008, 10:17:02 PM »
ya jake wheelin at crabtree on new years day man my truck will be there! take yours

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Re: oregon 3rd gen build *RUNNIN LIKE A CHAMP*
« Reply #367 on: Dec 28, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »
alright well I got a bunch more :pokinit: done to it tonight.... we fired it up and let it run for about 15 minutes to make sure that the smoke it was blowing the other night was just oil in the cyls from me turning the motor upside down to put the new oil pan on and not a new issue and it quit smoking in about 2 minutes and will not start again so that made me happy, the motor runs great with no noise at all and no smoke and it revs so fast!!!  :cheese: I ran a new hard fuel line all the way from the rubber line off the motor to the tank. there is a fuel filter under the cab and one on the motor so I have no more fuel leaks and it works great

the line runs along the top of the frame until it gets under the cab then it runs on the inside of the frame rail and it is 5/16" SAE line and flares with my metric fittings on it and works great we even learned how to do bubble flares too for the fitting going into the tank it was fun  :yupyup: I got my clutch hardline built, installed and bled and again that is SAE line and flares with metric fittings...

(crappy pic)
my bro helped me build the air filter adapter for my intake and we got that put on  :yupyup:

that came out pretty good I think we did some more I just have to dig through some pics and I will post up some more...

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: Dec 28, 2008, 01:28:58 AM »
and I went to hook up my power steering line from the 3.0l truck to the 2rz (it looked like the same fitting) and it is too damn thin so it needs some thick brass gaskets and it should work fine....
(notice the small gap on both sides)

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: Dec 28, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
nice progress... yeah just throw some beefier brass washers in there and it should be good.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #370 on: Dec 28, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
you could run the shorter bolt from the 3.0, so you don't possibly block the hole in the bolt and lose power steering pressure or cause the lines to burst.

Just a thought.

otherwise... GREAT JOB
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »
you could run the shorter bolt from the 3.0, so you don't possibly block the hole in the bolt and lose power steering pressure or cause the lines to burst.

Just a thought.

otherwise... GREAT JOB
ya I tried that but the 3.0l is the same exact bolt..... I think I will try the washers and see what happens since I have to have it ready for wheelin this weekend....

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #372 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
you could possibly even cut the bolt down?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:37:28 PM »
you could possibly even cut the bolt down?
thought about that too but the bolt has a flare machined into the end of it so it seals to the pump....I think the brass spacers is gonna be the best way to go but thanks for the suggestions

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #374 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »
oh I forgot about that.

yeah the washers should be fine.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
 :crossed: im hoping so man

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
well got most of the other little stuff done late night before our wheelin trip as usual and took it out on its test run..... it did very well but I found a nice sized list of things that will be done very soon.... It ran great all day and performed very well but did get pretty warm 1 time.... I think the truck needs a V6 radiator and a bigger fan.... there are a few things that still need finished up like the tranny tunnel and some interior stuff and the truck needs re-wired badly cause the PO chopped the hell out of the factory harness  :slap:

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
Re: oregon 3rd gen build *WHEELIN PICS UP*
« Reply #377 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
 about time it got dirty :gap:

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
fn sweet muddy rocks!

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »
thanks guys... it felt great to finally get it out on the trail and test it out.... I have to go to go down south for a week to work but when I get back I have a few things I would like to get fixed up and go get it on some more rocks and find some damn snow already.... there are tonsmore pics floating around and lots of video of it wheelin if I could find everyone there taking pics and filming.... hopefully I get more soon

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »
wow that thing has sure changed...
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
wow that thing has sure changed...
ya just a little bit....

I did a bunch more stuff to the truck today after the test run.... I noticed after wheeling slow for long periods of time that the truck would get a little warmer than I like it to be so I decided to do a few cooling system mods just to be safe.... I took out the 22re radiator and installed a 3.0l V6 radiator as well as installed a clutch fan and coolant reservoir......

the old weak radiator

the 22re radiator and the 3.0l v6 radiator

all torn apart....

then after a test fit of the new radiator I realized that the v6 radiator requires more room on the bottom of the mounts and the bottom of the radiator hit my front cross-member so I made these little spacers to move the radiator closer to the motor and it all fit great!

I also used this little medal elbow when I installed the heater hoses which must have been cracked or something cause the stupid thing was leaking on me when I took it wheelin...

and the system needs a good flushing anyway so I just installed a flushing T and it works great!

I ended up having plenty of room to run a clutch fan using a 2rz fan clutch assy. with the 3.0l v6 fan blades bolted to that.... I did have to use some small washers between the fan clutch and blades to keep the fan from hitting the pulleys on the motor but it works good now :yupyup:

I also changed the thermostat since I already had the coolant drained and all... figured I might as well 

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »
looks good, you can stick the stock dipstick in there without any issues

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:56:24 PM »
looks good, you can stick the stock dipstick in there without any issues
thanks man... I can use the front dipstick even with the rear sump pan?? that would be tits if so I dont have the stick so I havent tried yet....

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »
Awesome man.  Nice to see you got it running and out on the Trail.   perfect way to start the new year.

Was your winch cable hanging loose in those photos?
I like to Drive!

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »
Awesome man.  Nice to see you got it running and out on the Trail.   perfect way to start the new year.

Was your winch cable hanging loose in those photos?
thanks bro it feels good to get it out and get some use out of it finally..... I still have some things to be done soon before I am all the way satisfied.... and ya the winch cable is hanging loose and that is currently being taken care of.... were gonna button some things up on it this week and hit up a decent rock garden this weekend and give it a little more in depth test.... I will shoot some pics of my progress through the week and the crawling this weekend...

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
 :booya: got the bed mounted up.... I like it much better with the bed on! just need to trim the fenders out so I dont mash them with the tires....

:yupyup:

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
ya just stick it in there and fill the truck up with oil and make a new mark on the dipstick.  that is how mine is. i went right back in

TIMS89CRAWLER [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
ya just stick it in there and fill the truck up with oil and make a new mark on the dipstick.  that is how mine is. i went right back in
hell ya I will have to go swoop one up today and get that done... 1 less thing to have to worry about later.... thanks bro

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Mavericks

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2535
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
Yeah it looks much better with the bed on!  nice work!
1985 toyota SR5, 22re,  5.29's locked front and rear, duals with twin stick, longfields.