Author Topic: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!  (Read 115317 times)

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Re: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!
« Reply #240 on: Oct 14, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #241 on: Aug 15, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »
well, its been almost three years and I still have good days and bad days however in the last couple weeks ive had more bad days then good.

the truck is back to better condition than it was before but is in bad need of a brake upgrade and some tires but i'll get them soon I hope.

Ive still yet to get on disability :wall:  still depending on my family for everything but still holding on.  Its amazing what you can do without when you have to.

I started thinking about this thread because for the last week ive been having horrible head and neck pain and just cant seem to kick it.  I'd be happy for it to ease up enough to not have to take narcotics to get to feeling well enough to watch TV.

I havent been wheeling since April and have missed two  events i REALLY wanted to go to :down:  but no money and inability to stand anything over 90 degrees keeps me home way too often.

come hell or high water i'm going to the Southern Cruiser Crawl in October :driving:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Aug 16, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
Wow...tempus fugit!

This getting old crap sucks. Time goes by so much faster now than in the long ago.

I still wish you the best Glen and I know things will turn around for you.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: Sep 30, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »
well my friends,  yesterday was 5 years since my wreck.   I have been doing some very light yard work for an elderly lady that my chiropractor introduced me to last spring.   Funny thing is when some "heavy lifting" needs to be done she does it at a grand age of 81 years.   :ack:
  Since my last post here my back has slowly and steadily gotten worse to the point that friday I picked up a few sticks of firewood that I had STUPIDLY cut myself with her very small chainsaw.  After laying on the ground about 30 minutes I was finally able to get up and get onto the lawn mower and get back into her garage.   Been eating lorcet plus 7.5/650 all weekend till I go to the doctor monday :thud:

OH, and get this.   I have never gotten ANY disability from our screwed up system :maddest:

I have however joined a church and in the next few weeks will be baptized :)
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #244 on: Aug 13, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
I know this is an old thread. I engender reading it when it happened.  Have things turned for the better
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #245 on: Aug 13, 2014, 10:24:09 AM »
Remember
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Aug 13, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
I know this is an old thread. I engender reading it when it happened.  Have things turned for the better

no unfortunately :(     been to the doctor today.  I have had a heart murmur all my life but when I had this wreck my heart was bruised somewhat, it wasnt until much later when my leg healed and we got my truck back together I started noticing more and more chest pain.   18 months after the wreck I went in for a surgery to clean out an infection (dont ask you dont want to know) anyway, I started having bad chest pains, they did a ekg right there in surgery prep and then ran me around to the er side.
from there on out I had to take meds for my heart, Coreg, Imdur, and Lisinopril.   over time they have been increased a LOT and today he doubled my Imdur in hopes that I wont need to take more Nitrostat that I carry with me all the time.

head and neck injury still freeking hell.  been laying in the bed since I got home because my head feels like its splitting open. gonna go lie back down :thud:

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3749
  • Male Posts: 2,855
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #247 on: Aug 14, 2014, 07:11:53 AM »
Damn man! I hope you get well soon!!
Time to go wheelin!

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #248 on: Aug 14, 2014, 05:53:28 PM »
I am sorry to hear this. I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated if there is any change. Again sorry

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Aug 14, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »
thanks guys

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Aug 15, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
Glen, I look up to you like a brother!!  I get saddened with the crap your going through.  And I pray that you get better!     :therethere:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Aug 16, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »
Glen, I look up to you like a brother!!  I get saddened with the crap your going through.  And I pray that you get better!     :therethere:
thanks Ryan, I joined a church and got baptized but in the last couple of months I have either been too sick to go or didnt have enough gas to get there and back :down:
I pray it gets better soon.

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #252 on: Aug 17, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
Gleniepoo in time it will get easier to deal with the pain, well you will at least get more use to it anyway, I deal with Chronic pain daily and have since '87, it's all about management at this point all the doctors tell me is that  " there's nothing we can do for the pain" that's the worst part for me knowing that it wall never get any better, I can only hope you find a way to deal with the constant discomfort you are in buddy, :beerchug:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Sep 21, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
:thud:   next week will be ten years 10 YEARS since the wreck.
  The last couple weeks the pain has been so unbearable I can't put my own shoes on.  A month or so ago I stumbled and caught myself on my right foot ever since then my pain has been double what it has been for years.     
   I went to my doctor numerous times in a short time to get some answers. He sent me to the orthopedist next door.  He did MRI on my hip and xray on my lumbar and found nothing and told me to go back to my chiropractor and see if he could "get the kinks out" , well after four adustments over a week and a half the pain got even worse.  He finally said he was afraid he was doing more damage than good and I should go see this surgeon. 
    October 2nd I will get up early and go see the surgeons nurse practitioner for assessment.  She will do xrays and MRI's that the surgeon does before he operates anyway.   
they may even try some injections to give me some relief along the way.

I might be in need of some good "meds" in the GBG thread.  :eyebrow:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Sep 21, 2017, 10:37:42 PM »
I might be in need of some good "meds" in the GBG thread.  :eyebrow:

You know I'd contribute if nudes were allowed, but each time I hit google looking for safe pics for this thread, google wants to show me worse pics and I give up.  Seriously, search "tasteful bikini pics" and see what comes up...

Hope they get it figured out, Glen.  Have you looked at any alternative treatments or methods?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,730
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #255 on: Sep 22, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
Just wondering Glen if you have looked into hypnosis for the pain? Since the pain is just a signal being received by your brain a hypnotist should be able to turn off the signal. Normal doctor don't think of this sort of thing cause they are so medication focused. If it worked it would save you a ton of money in meds. Might be worth a try.
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #256 on: Sep 22, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
Damn glen! 10 years! i joined this forum then. Thats a bummer to hear your doing worse these days. Keep up the spirit and good luck to you!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Sep 22, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
Just wondering Glen if you have looked into hypnosis for the pain? Since the pain is just a signal being received by your brain a hypnotist should be able to turn off the signal. Normal doctor don't think of this sort of thing cause they are so medication focused. If it worked it would save you a ton of money in meds. Might be worth a try.

Never tried it myself and I can't shut down my thoughts to the level they need to hypnotise you, but I could see the benefit for the right person.  And like you said, doctors are taught to prescribe medicines and have their pockets padded for doing so, so suggesting alternate treatments just doesn't fit their business model.

If you know anybody who buys or sells doterra essential oils, see if they can get you a sample of the deep blue rub.  Didn't do anything for me, but many people swear by it for relief from aches and pains.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #258 on: Sep 22, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
Please avoid the opioid pain medications.
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »

I think at this point it would cause more damage because I'd be able to maybe do stuff.   my doctors are thinking disc replacement at L5S1 I dont care i just want to be able to get out of bed.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Please avoid the opioid pain medications.

I have been on Hydrocodone for 6 years (Darvocet for 3 years before that and it worked great til they pulled it off the market because it WORKED)  and took the same amount til just a few weeks ago when I almost fell.   
 When I was in the hospital having my heart surgery and then slipped a clot and died,   they had me on Oxycodone AND morphine.  Noon 2 oxy, 2pm morphine, 4pm oxy, 6pm morphine 24/7 for 3 or 4 weeks  along with something that I cant remember the name of they used as a sedative but I was seeing monkeys with human heads and all kinds of weird :pokinit:.
Hydrocodone is harmless and does well for most of my pain.  Could I take more?  why?  so they would not give me any more?   

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #261 on: Sep 23, 2017, 06:44:38 AM »
I only suggest it because I heard on the news that surgeons started to use hypnosis on kids that needed surgery but were to young for general anesthesia.
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Sep 23, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
Hi Genn, it's been a long time since you spent much time on the forum. Sorry that you having the issues.

As a side note, and without any intention to start a debate, I think a statement about doctors trying to pad their pocket books is about as short sighthed as accusing all cops as being racist. I agree that they  are absolutely trained in traditional medicine and generally are not much help with exploring alternative options, I know a lot of people in the medical field (my wife is a PA) and the level of frustration they express when they are unable to get their patients the treatments that they believe is needed. The system is broken and there are bad doctors for sure, but the vast majority of doctors are good people wanting to help their patients.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #263 on: Sep 23, 2017, 09:10:06 AM »
I only suggest it because I heard on the news that surgeons started to use hypnosis on kids that needed surgery but were to young for general anesthesia.
Too young for general anesthesia? Never heard of such a thing
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Sep 23, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »
Hi Genn, it's been a long time since you spent much time on the forum. Sorry that you having the issues.

As a side note, and without any intention to start a debate, I think a statement about doctors trying to pad their pocket books is about as short sighthed as accusing all cops as being racist. I agree that they  are absolutely trained in traditional medicine and generally are not much help with exploring alternative options, I know a lot of people in the medical field (my wife is a PA) and the level of frustration they express when they are unable to get their patients the treatments that they believe is needed. The system is broken and there are bad doctors for sure, but the vast majority of doctors are good people wanting to help their patients.

if the news said it, it has to be true yo!

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #265 on: Sep 23, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »

Too young for general anesthesia? Never heard of such a thing

Well. I'm not necessarily saying its true. I'm just saying that if he isn't having any luck with traditional medicine, maybe he should look at other resources.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #266 on: Sep 23, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
Well. I'm not necessarily saying its true. I'm just saying that if he isn't having any luck with traditional medicine, maybe he should look at other resources.

Absolutely. Is the doctor you see an MD or a DO. DO seem to be better at treating the whole body as well as alternative medicine
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Sep 23, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »

I hope you all could tell that this was sarcastic......

The news is full of what the liberal media wants you to hear
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #268 on: Oct 13, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »
I hope you all could tell that this was sarcastic......

The news is full of what the liberal media wants you to hear

Don’t kid yourself Jimbo. Both sides are lying to us.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Oct 14, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »
Absolutely. Is the doctor you see an MD or a DO. DO seem to be better at treating the whole body as well as alternative medicine

DO ??