Author Topic: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!  (Read 112232 times)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Re: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!
« Reply #210 on: Oct 10, 2007, 11:20:02 PM »
Whats wrong with the world now a days guy gets hit by this stupid person seriously hurts him and his truck not to mention what happened to his dog and this guy is getting examples from a movie a fictional movie not based on a true story but FICTIONAL  :headscratch: Yeah I know I am a jerk but come on man.

4inchToyotas

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -260
  • Male Posts: 351
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Wheeling does exist in the ATL
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Cruisers
« Reply #211 on: Oct 11, 2007, 04:43:45 AM »
yo man, good luck on the recovery (physical and otherwise). Give me a shout if ya need help with anything <-- ANY THING. Just say the word.
2006 Tundra DC 4x4 - DD/Tow (if I can ever find a place to store a trailer)
1983 Hilux - 20/22r Weber 32/36 carb, 4" ProComp suspension, 5.29's Lockrite Front, Spool rear, 34x10.50x15 LTBs

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Oct 25, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »
so you hit the truck? and you have a witness. thats cool.
Give us details on the accident, with twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, when you get a chance.
MrsWillyMammoth  go sit on the group "W" bench.
  Haven't been on the board much and just saw this post so I had to respond to the quote to Alice's restaurant. 
Glen there is a God out there even though you have been through alot of rough times lately just hang in and he will see you through, hope you feel better.
Justin

1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #213 on: Oct 25, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
  Haven't been on the board much and just saw this post so I had to respond to the quote to Alice's restaurant. 
Glen there is a God out there even though you have been through alot of rough times lately just hang in and he will see you through, hope you feel better.
Justin

thanks justin   
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Oct 26, 2007, 02:16:06 PM »
Justin

:yupyup: :thumbs:  In fact, speaking of, I recently went to court to fight a traffic ticket. Not to go into details but I was unjustly found guilty. It was another case of american blind to justice.  :rofl:  Funny but true.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
so this is kinda contradicting what i was saying earlier about taking it easy of the lady....well... get all you can. since i said that no more then three or four girls talking on their cell phones have either: come close to running me off the road, cause an accident with sombody else, and they just flat out suck  :moon: at driving. at first i was pissed and then i got  :flamer: pissed becuase the 2nd time i almost got ran off the road it was on the freeway going 70-75 with ditch on my side i could have been pushed into and then if that happend would have been so  :lipsrsealed: up or maybe die. well enough about that

glen, hope your doing loads better

:wave:

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #216 on: Nov 15, 2007, 07:08:20 AM »
  :yupyup: :thumbs:  In fact, speaking of, I recently went to court to fight a traffic ticket. Not to go into details but I was unjustly found guilty. It was another case of american blind to justice.  :rofl:  Funny but true.

i remember you ranting that morning you had court.. i was on the shout box that morning.
i was still 3WM Yoda then.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Nov 15, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
i remember you ranting that morning you had court.. i was on the shout box that morning.
i was still 3WM Yoda then.
:bat:   and  why didnt you tell me  you changed your name  :slap:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Nov 15, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »
I hate it when people change their screen names!  You just get used to one name then you got this nebie that has 5-600 posts, I'm going wtf!  :headscratch:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Nov 15, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »
Haha yeah took me a while to figure that one out too  :hammerhead:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:35:29 AM »
well a short update,

even though  the ER said i didnt have a concussion  i have had memory loss since the accident,  at times  i get confused  at what i am doing   so  any of you that have  sent me money for parts  and havent gotten them  please pm me  and remind me what you wanted i have stuff boxed  and  forgot who it went to :thud:

i still cant stand up straight  without pain,  if i bend over to picksomething up,  most of the time i have to sit down   to be able to get my back straight

at times when i turn my head to the right  i get dizzy,  doctors  tell me  theres  nothing  they can do :shake:  yea right,   what theyMEAN  is  that  besides  surgery  that i dont have insurance to PAY for :headshake:

OH  and my periphial *sp*  vision  is blurred,   when i look  straight  at something i see  fine,  but  something to the say floor  or  to the  side  i will see double

84solidaxletoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:18:36 PM »
I do not want to get heated, but I know if it was me, once I was feelin better, i would definitely do some research on that lady and see what really goes on with her. I would also figure out someway to make her pay for every single thing and then some just for the suffering. I am sure that you were not the only one attached to the dog, many people like Nitro from the sounds of it(especially the dude who got his leg molested by it) and people were also attached to your truck. I would be furious if my truck was screwed up and not to mention the dog. I know the countless hours that goes into making the truck exactly how you want it. But I would take their(whoever said what im about to say) word for it, get an 84-whatever year, with the extended cab(more room is better), and make it an awesome new ride. with your skills you could put the clip of a 79 on an 88 or somethin who knows. but you might as well make something else unique. i have faith that you can do it. and i am very sorry to hear about the loss of both the dog and the truck. please take care. and I greatly thank you for all of your help with giving me advice on things, hopefully I helped out atleast some way.

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
sry to hear that glen. thats shitty all the way around... hopefully things will get better as you heal up more

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #223 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »
have you talked to a lawyer glen?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
have you talked to a lawyer glen?
yes,  we're (lawyer,doctors and me) trying to everything documented and  also waiting to see what shows up and what  seems to be permanent  so  we know just what  to  ask for

yes  i think i chose a very good lawyer knock on wood :hammer:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: Oct 12, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
well kids, its been a year, i just wanted to give a update for those of you that sent prayers  and for my awesome friends that have been so wonderful in the rebuilding of my truck

as it turned out  my pelvis was cracked on the left side just out of the sacral/iliac joint, 4 ruptured disc's in my lower back,  3 ruptured discs in my neck, and  brain injury "equivalent to a mild stroke" my right arm and leg are about 50% strength of what they were/should be, about 6 months ago  the doctor  put me on "arm crutches" instead of using 2 regular walking canes,   the arm crutches are heavy but  really help my back because i can keep more weight off my back when i walk

i still have the headaches but they arent as severe, the swelling from  the head trauma not being treated by the Emergency room caused the "stroke" and also caused the "cerebral tonsils" (bottom end of brain) to be pushed into the top of the spinal column,  (called "Arnold Chiari malformation" )
this causes a loss of control of some nerves at times, :headshake: and causes a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades at times also

more to come later on gotta go lie down :down:

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #226 on: Oct 12, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »
dang Glen, you're all busted up.

I cant remember.. did you get any settlement?
I'm sure all of the surgeries, visits, exams and what not are not cheap and are coming from your pocket, mostly.

Good luck to you and i wish you the best of luck.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Oct 12, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »
the surgery to fix my neck was estimated to be at least $100,000 and was only 30% "be all better"  20% have no real change,  and 50% chance to be worse than i am now.     so no surgery for me

i got most of my med bills paid (from the wreck) and just under $5000 cash,  after paying my house payments ($4000 in the rearage) i paid my $790 electric bill, and  i managed to get me some 529's from Marlin at a very generous price,  and filled the suburbans gas tank

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Oct 12, 2008, 03:35:49 PM »
I can't believe it has been a whole year. You are always a huge help to me, Glen, and I really appreciate it. I am glad to see that you are still going. If I was in your position I am not sure I could have kept on going. Anyways thanks for all the help and I hope to one day help you out however I can. Best wishes to another year on the long road to recovery. Never give up.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #229 on: Oct 12, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »
well im glad you were compensated somewhat.
I wish the best of luck to you.

I know how serious brain damage is.
My nephew was born with out the right side of his cerebellum, he is on a feeding pump, and he is 6mo behind developmental wise.... he is like a 6mo old and he is 13mo old. he has gone through many many surgeries to get him where he is now.

So when i see others in a similar basket...
I understand what it's like.

So good luck and best wishes to ya.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Oct 12, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
thanks guys, 

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #231 on: Oct 12, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »
that sucks glen. I had thought you would have gotten more.

maybe you need to get out into CA where the air and weather are pure. You could move into San Fran and fit right in. :bolt:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Oct 12, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »
Are you able to get on disability?  And get on Social Security?
The steady income would help you out. 

I wish we were closer. 

But I know what Glen is thinking.  Family!  He's basically the one that is holding it all together since his dad passed.  I'm doing the same thing since my dad passed, its amazing how one person steps up to take charge. 

Glen I admire your strength.  :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Oct 12, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »
that sucks glen. I had thought you would have gotten more.
  i thought my policy limits were 50,000 i would have gotten around 16000, but it turned out i only had 25000  so  lawyer and doctors got most of what there was :down:

maybe you need to get out into CA where the air and weather are pure. You could move into San Fran and fit right in. :bolt:
:eek:    why i outta :bat:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: Oct 12, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »
Are you able to get on disability? 

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure he is on disability from some other previous issues.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Oct 12, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
Are you able to get on disability?  And get on Social Security?
The steady income would help you out. 

I wish we were closer. 

But I know what Glen is thinking.  Family!  He's basically the one that is holding it all together since his dad passed.  I'm doing the same thing since my dad passed, its amazing how one person steps up to take charge. 

Glen I admire your strength.  :thumbs:
thanks Ryan,  unfortuneatley NO, im not on disability, :down: i saw the judge and he misread something my doctor wrote and he denied me,  my attorney appealed and my doctor wrote a letter kinda smacking him   basically telling him to take the time to read whats written in context,   

after my wreck my lawyer told me my injuries were so severe that i should file a new case, this actually runs along completely separate from the other case :screwy:

and with the NEW case, i'm waiting to see the judge :thud:
i am getting $70 a week to live on from State farm but it runs out next year :down:

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #236 on: Oct 12, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »
yikes...
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
Is there no chance for a malpractice suit against the hospital?
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Oct 13, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
Is there no chance for a malpractice suit against the hospital?
my lawyer told me  it wasnt much use unless i could find a doctor that was willing to say "that hospital did Glen harm"   and so far they wont, they will him and ha  but wont say what they all imply

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #239 on: Oct 13, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »
$70 a week thats bull crap
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly