Author Topic: There are still good people in the world!!  (Read 2698 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
There are still good people in the world!!
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:17:51 PM »
I had a rough morning yesterday, including getting gas in a hurry, and leaving my wallet on top of the car.  I didn't realize it was gone until I got to my interview, which was roughly an hour later, and 50 miles away.  :yikes:  did the interview, and headed back to the gas station, after tearing apart the car, praying it had just slid off the seat :crossed:  no such luck, got back to the gas station, and no wallet. Started the process of cancelling my credit card and bank card, when I got a phone call from a friend whose business card I had in my wallet.  Long story short, a guy was taking his son to school, saw my wallet in the road in front of the gas station, stopped and picked it up.  Nothing was missing, and he called 2 different people whose business cards I had to get a hold of me.

Long story short, because of a final I had in about an hour, I asked him to mail it to me, using the $ I had in the wallet ($5)  Not only did he mail it to me priority mail (got it today! :woohoo: ) he even included the .40 change from the 4.60 purchase to mail it!! 

Its great to know there are still good people in the world :yesnod:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

want2wheel

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: There are still good people in the world!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
That is awesome. You are so blessed. 
All parts located in Church Hill, Tn 37642
I Love My Wife.

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »
That is awesome. You are so blessed. 

:yesnod:  Thats for sure!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »
I left my purse in a shopping cart once a while back. I didn't realize it till I got to another store about 20 minutes later and couldn't find my purse in the car.

Fortunately I had my phone on me, and not in my purse. I called the store ASAP praying someone had a kind heart, and sure enough, someone had found it and turned it in at the counter, and it was a Dollar General no less! Not exactly the highest class clientele!

There are indeed good people in this world, and what comes around goes around. You do a good deed and it will come back to you.

I'm glad to hear that BD :smooch: Even if you did have to go through all the headache of canceling your cards. And that is so funny that he included the change (although I would not have used your money in the first place)

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:35:38 PM »
I left my purse in a shopping cart once a while back. I didn't realize it till I got to another store about 20 minutes later and couldn't find my purse in the car.

Fortunately I had my phone on me, and not in my purse. I called the store ASAP praying someone had a kind heart, and sure enough, someone had found it and turned it in at the counter, and it was a Dollar General no less! Not exactly the highest class clientele!

There are indeed good people in this world, and what comes around goes around. You do a good deed and it will come back to you.

I'm glad to hear that BD :smooch: Even if you did have to go through all the headache of canceling your cards. And that is so funny that he included the change (although I would not have used your money in the first place)

:dunno:  Thankfully, I only cancelled my CC, I was in the process of calling to cancel my bank card when he called.  We were originally gonna meet up, but I had already cut my losses because I was gonna be late for my final.  I told him to use the $$ in my wallet, didn't want him to sped any of his, he was nice enough to just pick it up! :yesnod:

-Ronald Reagan

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
It's good to hear stories like this Jason,good things happen to good people and I know you'd do the same.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »
I found some ladies purse one time on my road.  And I looked in it to find a name or a #.  Called the person and she wanted me to drive to Portland to deliver it.  She finally agreed to come and get it, and she was very rude and not even a thank you!  All she could do was accuse me of cleaning it out.  I just walked away and left her ranting about this and that!  Some people just don't realize the good things good people do!  Yeah I could have cleaned her out, but I'm not that type of person.  I felt guilty even going through her purse, just to find out who it belonged to.  If I lost my wallet, I would want an honest person to find it, and give me call.  And I would say thank you!

Your lucky BD in this world of today, how people just don't care.  He was showing good morals to his child by returning your wallet. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »
I found some ladies purse one time on my road.  And I looked in it to find a name or a #.  Called the person and she wanted me to drive to Portland to deliver it.  She finally agreed to come and get it, and she was very rude and not even a thank you!  All she could do was accuse me of cleaning it out.  I just walked away and left her ranting about this and that!  Some people just don't realize the good things good people do!  Yeah I could have cleaned her out, but I'm not that type of person.  I felt guilty even going through her purse, just to find out who it belonged to.  If I lost my wallet, I would want an honest person to find it, and give me call.  And I would say thank you!

Your lucky BD in this world of today, how people just don't care.  He was showing good morals to his child by returning your wallet. 

That is messed up! Makes you wish you did clean it out and tossed it in the trash. She will not have good coming back to her again.
I found a wallet in a supermarket parking lot, it was choked full. I was going to try to call but decided to turn it into the supermarket customer service in case she tried to call there.
I can only hope they tried to contact her.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »
BD that's such a blessing :woohoo:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:07 PM »
I'm glad you got your stuff back  :thumbs:
I found a wallet on the street I lived on & it had $40 in it. I went to the house which was around the corner & no one was home. I left a note & later that night he called. He said to take the $40 & leave the wallet in his mail box. (We worked different shift)
I told him that I didn't want the money & I will leave it in his mail box.

I found another wallet in Stockton in front of my house with no money but an ID. I mapquested the address & the guy lived all the way across town. I took the time to take it the & when I knocked on the door no one answered but you can see the curtains move. The house has security bars around the porch so I threw it in there. I actually glad no one answered since it wasn't the best part of town but what part of Stockton is good.

:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »
I remember when I was younger my bro and  I found a wallet in the gutter outside a movie theater.  Only thing in there was an ID and some pictures.  We took it to the box office, and the guy inside pointed out another guy that was on the phone, and said he'd been looking for one.  Guess he left it on the Box office counter when he went into the movies.  We took it over to him, handed him the wallet, and he started chewing us out for robbing him, and taking all his money!!! :dunno:  He called the security guard over, and told him to hold us for the PD to come.  Security guard (old crusty guy)  started chewing that guy out up one side and down the other for accusing us of robbing him :hahaha:  I still can't believe that guy accused us of robbing him. 

I'da been thrilled to just get my wallet back, with some of the stuff in it.  I've got pictures in there, notes, some cards that would be a PITA to replace (EMT, CPAT, CPR, drivers license, etc.)  I coulda cared less about any money that was in there, granted it was only $5, this time, but I could have had more.  Money is replacable, but everyone has some sentimental stuff that they'd like to keep

-Ronald Reagan

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 05:04:22 PM »
So you had to use your lunch money to get your wallet back. Like you said I just want it back.
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »
this kinda goes along the same lines. my dad spends ALOT of time in the desert in utah. he was out there and came along these 2 guys not doing so well out in the middle of the middle of nowhere with no one around. he picked them up went and found their truck (out of gas on the side of the road). took them to get gas while they were driving they offered him money and him being the guy he is he would mot take it. when they got to the gas station he got out to fill up a 5gal jerry can and when he got back in he caught the guys going through his wallet. he yelled at them and still gave them a ride back to their truck. he never learned their names or who they were. about 4 months later he recieved a VERY large package on the fed ex truck when he opened he found 4 VERY VERY expensive topigraphical maps with a note saying we were not trying to rob you we just wanted to say thanks, we knew if we sent a check you would never cash it so these are few you. both of them signed the note. my dad then googled them only to find out they were partners in a multi million dollar consultation firm. talk about felling bad for ASSUMEing
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »
I had a guy drop his wallet in my resturaunt just the other day, he had no clue as he walked out to his car and probably wouldn't have missed it until later that day miles away...........

........I could have easily put it in my pocket.

I ran outside before he left to give it to him.

No big deal.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
I had a guy drop his wallet in my resturaunt just the other day, he had no clue as he walked out to his car and probably wouldn't have missed it until later that day miles away...........

........I could have easily put it in my pocket.

I ran outside before he left to give it to him.

No big deal.

:nope:  not true dude, you made his day.  He may not even know it, but the headache involved with a lost/stolen wallet sucks. 

:thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 01:48:16 PM »
 :werd:

Where is the Mammoth?

FruitaCrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -174
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 01:43:50 AM »
reading these story's it always makes me think about how supprized you are when someone does something that makes you day. a couple of weeks ago i went bike/ATV ridding with a friend from work and his roommate. after riding for a while we got to talking about them showing me how to ride a bike. after we were done and got back to camp i walked over to his bike with my gas can and filled the tank on his bike. when he asked what i was doing i told him that it was only fair that i fill his tank because he let me borrow his bike and taught me how to ride. he was supprized but i was just doing as i was always taught if you borrow someones vehicle you return i with a full tank of gas
88 pickup- stock for now

America has always had on imigration problem just ask any indian

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 02:22:47 AM »
yes fruita88 I was raised to do the same things.  I was always told that if I borrow something I need to return it in better shape than i received it from the owner. 

fullthrottle

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 177
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »
this thread makes me feal better about the world. 8)

but y do somany people that are muchbeter off than others have such bad morals, it jest make me feal be about humanity when i see people like that
SASed 94 pu- marlin crawler 4'' springs, 5.29s aussie R lockright F 30spline longs , crawler box and 37'' SSR's

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 05:01:44 AM »
this thread makes me feal better about the world. 8)

but y do somany people that are muchbeter off than others have such bad morals, it jest make me feal be about humanity when i see people like that

:yesnod:  Look at all those Hollyweirdo's. They have been granted with great success, are rich beyond our wildest dreams and yet they are morally bankrupt.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lopz 4Xs

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 47
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »
After reading all of these i had to share a  story.  Bout 20 yrs ago traveled with my family to Mexico, on the trip back my pops passed a truck on the side of the road with California plates, hood open.  He decided to go back and help. my dad got the truck runnin and figured since we were headed in the same directions we should foolow each other. stopped in El Paso and got a room, the people from the broke down truck were sort of broke so my dad got them a room for the night, they were gonna sleep in their truck. next morning check the back of the truck they had left a gallon of water ther...... it was frozen solid. They ask my dad for his address so they could invite him to their daughters wedding.  to weeks later got the invite and 100 dollar check.  :usa:
It's no fun without FAMILY!!!