Author Topic: Good Bye Sweet World ............... 25 years of memories  (Read 3476 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Good Bye Sweet World ............... 25 years of memories
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:38:51 PM »
Well,

This will be my last internet broadcast from the place where I have called home for over 25 years. Born and raised here

I've got most of my stuff moved out already, and I've been enjoying WinAmp while moving out, so, with the computer and desk as the last to go, I bid everyone goodbye until we get Internet service at the new house :ack:

Stupid Yahoo DSL is not available, and satellite internet costs about $100/hour, so we are left with no choice to go with Comcast Cable Internet.

I am hoping that it'll be faster than this lousy Yahoo garbage internet, 200 kbs download stream here.... I know, only 4 times faster than my ol' 56 k.

Anyways, as for the move, everything is going well and last night Marlin and his wife were able to stay for the first time in the new house :thumbs:

I chose to camp it out here (at the old house) until today. Then it looks like TURBO will be moving in to watch the house until we can get the ceiling fixed in the dinning room and get the house on the market :gap:

Anyways, Friday night we did a Snow run up at Bald Mtn and I have many pics that I would love to share, but between moving and finals (TOMORROW!!) I am really in a huge jam right now.

The DSL will still be active here, so I'll have to bring the laptop over and sit on the carpet to check out the forum ;)

Welp, I'm outta here. Off with the computer, CYA!

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Sucks to leave when you've been somewhere that long, but look to the future. :therethere:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Hey, I remember that house. My Daughter & I stayed there for a couple nights way back when. Congratulations on the new place Marlin :biggthumpup:
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Hey, I remember that house. My Daughter & I stayed there for a couple nights way back when. Congratulations on the new place Marlin :biggthumpup:

you truely are old :biggthumpup:
Im an OG

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Whaaaaa??  Where and why are yall moving?  So you're gonna be out on your own Mike? 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Glad you guys were able to get into the new house a bit early. Last I talked to your mom and dad, they were thinking February. Hope it works out well for ya. Unfortunately I am no longer with the builder of your new house, otherwise I'd be your in for any customer service needs.  :greengrin:
"between projects"

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
BTW, how was Bald? I'm trying to round up some guys to head up Saturday. You're welcome to join if you're up for it.
"between projects"

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile

you truely are old :biggthumpup:
At least I know how to drive in the snow :eyebrow:
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Fongs

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 299
  • Member since Oct '05
  • that`s the way to hell
    • View Profile

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
:headscratch:   did i miss somethin :headscratch:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Well sounds like the prefit time for a crawler party! walk in, crawl out!  :woohoo: :hyper: :boobs: :bananaguitar: :banana: :bananaguitar: :banana: :bananasplit:   

Glen> :dancing: <swampy
                                                                           ^
                                                                           me
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Brandon

• Hawk
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since May '02
  • I believe in Life before Death
    • View Profile
    • www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

That's a long time for one place - why the move?
Brandon Miller
RCRC, Sacramento, CA
www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
I don't think I have ever lived in one spot for more than five years.I don't know what it would be like to move after all that time.I've probably lived in 20 different places and 3 different states in my 27 years.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I don't think I have ever lived in one spot for more than five years.I don't know what it would be like to move after all that time.I've probably lived in 20 different places and 3 different states in my 27 years.

My average is about 2 years anywhere, I hate moving. Hmmmm, it'll be 2 yrs. in Feb., wonder where I'm moving to now? I like Florida, may be a long commute though.

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
Whaaaaa??  Where and why are yall moving?  So you're gonna be out on your own Mike? 
Marlin and the Mrs. are moving to a nicer spread while Mikey is moving to Bangladesh.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Brandon

• Hawk
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since May '02
  • I believe in Life before Death
    • View Profile
    • www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com
Marlin and the Mrs. are moving to a nicer spread while Mikey is moving to Bangladesh.

wow!

Good thing about the internet is you can be anywhere and still be.. here ;)
Brandon Miller
RCRC, Sacramento, CA
www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Congrats on the new Casa!

Mike- the Comcast internet service ROCKS.  I've got it out here in NM and it's silly-fast compared to the DSL around here.  You'll like it for sure!

Ryan
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Yup, we have moved into a new house, finally!!

When Marlin and his wife moved to Fresno back in 1975 (?) they first stayed in a small room at what would become my 13-year school (K-12), and then moved into our house in like '76 I think. We've been there ever since. I have never moved in my life. I also never changed schools until college also.

Moving was a lot of work, and I have many things that I'll have to unpack.... Of course I am leaving TOMORROW!! for a whole month, so many of my things will just be in my personal garage until then. Yet, I've got my own garage now and it's right next to my room SWEET :drool:

I think our old house was 1900 sq. ft and this one is 2300 sq ft? But the ceilings are 12 or 13' high so the house seems HUGE. I like how it's arranged also. Good thing is the master bedroom (parents) and my room are on opposite corners :thumbs: hahahahaha NICE

I've got some pics, but I am not sure if I'll have time to post them up or not..... I am packing right now for Japan, so I might not put them up until next year. Also, when I get back, the house will be all cleaned up and operating normally, so it'll be cool to see that change :gap:

Hey Ryan, yup, retarded Yahoo DSL is not even available here, even though this development here started like 2 years ago, they do not offer anything here. So we are stuck with Comcast Cable, which I figured would be faster, BUT GEEZ. DSL was 200 Kbps, now Cable here is averaging about 5.5 Mbps!!!!!!!!!! On the laptop, which has a better signal (wireless here), I got a 7.02 Mbps! HOLY COW! It's faster than at the college!!!!

Anyways, I've gotta get going, I'll reply back with some pics if I can,

Cya
BigMike

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Actually it's about 4 yrs. that the development has been going.  :yesnod:  Hope your trip goes well.  :thumbs:
"between projects"

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

My average is about 2 years anywhere, I hate moving. Hmmmm, it'll be 2 yrs. in Feb., wonder where I'm moving to now? I like Florida, may be a long commute though.

Sounds about the same.  I've lived in CA longer than any other state (6 years) My family has moved 9 times in my 91 years of life.  I guess thats the life of an Air Force brat. 

So Mike, what is it like living in the same house for most of your life?  :headscratch:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
So Mike, what is it like living in the same house for most of your life?  :headscratch:

:dunno: I don't know.... I have moved actually. In the spring of 1991, I moved into the smaller bedroom, bedroom #3, and my sister took over my bedroom, bedroom #2. So I lived in the #2 bedroom from DOB until '91, and then room #3 from '91 to last week.

I actually thought it would be a lot harder letting the place go, but it hasn't hit me yet. I think it's because to many things are going on right now and I haven't been able to relax for the past 2 weeks or so..

I'm sure that once we sell the place and someone else moves in, it'll be sad to see it go.... Hopefully the next owners take as great of care as we have :D  :crossed:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
:dunno: I don't know.... I have moved actually. In the spring of 1991, I moved into the smaller bedroom, bedroom #3, and my sister took over my bedroom, bedroom #2. So I lived in the #2 bedroom from DOB until '91, and then room #3 from '91 to last week.

I actually thought it would be a lot harder letting the place go, but it hasn't hit me yet. I think it's because to many things are going on right now and I haven't been able to relax for the past 2 weeks or so..

I'm sure that once we sell the place and someone else moves in, it'll be sad to see it go.... Hopefully the next owners take as great of care as we have :D  :crossed:

So it would be like moving around from place to place in the same city. :hahaha:

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
My family has moved 9 times in my 91 years of life. 
There is someone older than me on here! :teeth:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
There is someone older than me on here! :teeth:

:smack: I was tired last night.  Lets try 21
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent