Author Topic: Re: Mormon POWAH!  (Read 14449 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Mormon POWAH!
« on: Jan 11, 2007, 04:50:10 PM »
Glen I want to hear what your views are on it.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Mormons are Christian. The term Mormon is a vast generalization. Most Mormons are LDS, there are the more extremeist groups however
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:18:04 PM »
I can guarantee you that Mormons are not Christian.. they are their own group with their own beliefs...

The only reason they go to jail is because they get multiple wives who are underaged.. because the ones who are older are smart enough not to get into it...

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:28:24 PM »
I can guarantee you that Mormons are not Christian.. they are their own group with their own beliefs...

Christian= Beleive in Christ as your lord and savior?  Unless that definition is wrong.... Then yes we are christian.
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
The HBO show show's that elder of the group has "another" a wife that is about 15 or so.. Is this something that does still go on?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
Christian= Beleive in Christ as your lord and savior?  Unless that definition is wrong.... Then yes we are christian.

Normally that would be the case... but the Mormon Jesus is radically different than the Christian Jesus, the Jesus of the Bible...

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:30:43 PM »
Welcome to the board.. BTW - Im an ex-mormon!! Now living for the true God ;)
this is a welcome thread not a religion bashing.  :shake: keep your opinions to yourself or post them in the theology thread
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »
the Jesus of the bible, as I know it, raised as a catlick, did not sanction multiple wives.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »
this is a welcome thread not a religion bashing.  :shake: keep your opinions to yourself or post them in the theology thread
DTB he came into this board spouting his religion. This is his tread. If he started it that way, and his screen name says it all.. then it is what it is.

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »

The only reason they go to jail is because they get multiple wives who are underaged.. because the ones who are older are smart enough not to get into it...

this thread does not need to be polluted with anti mormon beliefs and it shouldnt be. there are threads for theology already. this thread is a mormon guy introducing himself to the marlin world. if you dont like the religion, thats fine, dont practice it, but there is no reason to talk shirt about someones religion that you do not know about. mormons are christian

as far as the hbo show, they are not Latter Day Saint Mormons, they are the Fundamentalist Mormons that have not evolved with the times or practice any of the current day things that LDS Mormons participate in.

www.lds.org

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
Don't come on the board as MORMON POWAH and not expect people to get their hackles up.
I agreee this needs to go elsewhere but don't be IN THE FACE and not expect a reaction.

Where is the Mammoth?

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »

Normally that would be the case... but the Mormon Jesus is radically different than the Christian Jesus, the Jesus of the Bible...
How so? Can you give an exapmle?
As to the question of mulitiple wives, In the bible, In the time of solomon, it was accepted, he had 900 or so. At the time of christ, it clearly was not accepted. When did  it change, they were both jews.

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
personally I like the idea of multiple wives.

Where is the Mammoth?

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
The HBO show show's that elder of the group has "another" a wife that is about 15 or so.. Is this something that does still go on?

The bulk of Mormons (LDS) do not do this.. they are told not to... yet there are the extremists that do..

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5817743

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8M06HU80.html

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
this thread does not need to be polluted with anti mormon beliefs and it shouldnt be. there are threads for theology already. this thread is a mormon guy introducing himself to the marlin world. if you dont like the religion, thats fine, dont practice it, but there is no reason to talk shirt about someones religion that you do not know about. mormons are christian

as far as the hbo show, they are not Latter Day Saint Mormons, they are the Fundamentalist Mormons that have not evolved with the times or practice any of the current day things that LDS Mormons participate in.

www.lds.org

Funny thing is that.. I have said nothing "anti-mormon"... and I am qualified to speak about mormonism being that I was a temple mormon for several years....

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:43:44 PM »
I am Mormon, a LDS Mormon, and I will defend my faith. Let the flaming begin, or continue... whatever.......

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:44:42 PM »
So you are saying Marks dreams can come true? :bumpinbutts:

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:44:48 PM »
DTB he came into this board spouting his religion. This is his tread. If he started it that way, and his screen name says it all.. then it is what it is.
ok fair enough! :cheese: carry on! hehehe
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »
How so? Can you give an exapmle?
As to the question of mulitiple wives, In the bible, In the time of solomon, it was accepted, he had 900 or so. At the time of christ, it clearly was not accepted. When did  it change, they were both jews.

Jesus to mormons is A god, but not God in the flesh... Mormon jesus was created.. not the creator.. mormon jesus is the brother of lucifer.. mormon jesus had multiple wives, mormon jesus did not die on the cross to cover ALL sin.. just to spout a few...

It was never good to have multiple wives... look at your example... what did they ultimately end up doing to Solomon.. they turned him to other gods... hmm...

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:45:53 PM »
And to clarify, The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is what we are refering to, when we say Mormon. There are break off groups, just like every other religion, that have different beliefs, and practice different things. To say that all "mormons" have mulitiple wives would be like saying that all catholic priests are child molesters. we all know that isn't the case.
The name of the church as stated above was to clarify, 1. that we are indeed the church of Jesus Christ. 2. Just as in the time of christ, those who followed him were called saints, we call ourselves saints. 3. the latter day parts just states just that.
we beleive that Christ established his church and left the priesthood to govern it after he left. we beleive that this power was lost, then restored back to earth. thus the early day\ latter day difference.
help any?

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »
I am Mormon, a LDS Mormon, and I will defend my faith. Let the flaming begin, or continue... whatever.......

No ones flaming dude.. its good conversation

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »
And to clarify, The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is what we are refering to, when we say Mormon. There are break off groups, just like every other religion, that have different beliefs, and practice different things. To say that all "mormons" have mulitiple wives would be like saying that all catholic priests are child molesters. we all know that isn't the case.
The name of the church as stated above was to clarify, 1. that we are indeed the church of Jesus Christ. 2. Just as in the time of christ, those who followed him were called saints, we call ourselves saints. 3. the latter day parts just states just that.
we beleive that Christ established his church and left the priesthood to govern it after he left. we beleive that this power was lost, then restored back to earth. thus the early day\ latter day difference.
help any?

I just wanted to make sure you noticed that I said "Mormon Extremists" ... I made that clear :)

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
we don't have you guys on this coast. Sort of all the regular religions, protestants, catlicks, baptists.. and the like.. we never hear of anything as decedant as Mormans!

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
OW! I can't read all this. I think I've got tumor.

Where is the Mammoth?

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »
Jesus to mormons is A god, but not God in the flesh...NOT TRUE.. Mormon jesus was created.. not the creator..AGAIN NOT TRUE. mormon jesus is the brother of lucifer.TRUE, WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS, CHILDREN OF OUR HEVENLY FATHER.... mormon jesus had multiple wives, NOT TRUE, AND I HAVN'T EVEN HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE... mormon jesus did not die on the cross to cover ALL sin..AGAIN, NOT SURE WHERE YOU GET THIS. just to spout a few...

It was never good to have multiple wives... look at your example... what did they ultimately end up doing to Solomon.. they turned him to other gods... BUT IN THE BIBLE IT STATES "AND IN NONE OF THESE DID HE SIN."  AND IT WAS THE WOMAN THAT HE SINNED WITH THAT TURNED HIM, NOT HIS WIVES.  hmm...
My responces were typed in CAPS.
Dan

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
 :psss: I do believe the catholic priesthood is a cloak for pedophilia

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
:psss: I do believe the catholic priesthood is a cloak for pedophilia
haha lemme tell ya.. I work for a Catholic Institution... u have no idea how sick it makes me some times
RIP KYOTA

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:54:43 PM »
Dan
What are you talking about... show me where God said it was ok to have multiple wives??

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
The news reports are only the tip of the iceberg. I have no doubt.

Where is the Mammoth?

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »
Dan

1 Kings 11:4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, [that] his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as [was] the heart of David his father.

Sounds like wives means plural to me?!?!