Author Topic: Re: Mormon POWAH!  (Read 14412 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Mormon POWAH!
« Reply #90 on: Jan 13, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
im glad im an athiest

You got that right mang :thumbs:

I'm kinda with rocksurfer on this, being a good person has nothing to do with the religion you choose, it's more to do with your actions and mindset. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »
I just thought i might explain why i would start a topic called Mormon Powah...i do it in every forum i sign up for. i post i'm mormon and see if (or usually how bad) i get flamed! i almost didn't on Marlin Crawler cause i thought "it's just a bunch of laid back guys, or gals, who like to go four wheelin'...they don't care what my religon is!" thanks for proving me right! :snare:

out of the twenty or so forums i've signed up for...ranging between hardcore video gaming forums, and casual chat forums. this is by far the rudest and most anti-mormon forum i've ever seen! WHAT THE HECK? it's a four-wheeling forum!!! if i wanted to get bashed i would've signed up for a cathlic forum and posted there! why in the world would a four-wheelin forum be the most anti-mormon? i still have no idea!

thanks to all of you who tryed to at least to be kind!
Mega Mormon, show me exactly where major anti-moron flaming has occured since you signed on. There was some discussion on the religion, and a major offtopic twist to it sequing back to discussion.
If it was my comment on 'let the flaming begin' - followed by "JUST KIDDING" - the comment was specifically said because you said you post on boards as such to see what kind of reaction you would get. And was strictly a ball busting joke.
I have seen nothing inappropriate in regard to your religion other then people stating their opinions.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2007, 04:20:50 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:29:12 PM »
You got that right mang :thumbs:

I'm kinda with rocksurfer on this, being a good person has nothing to do with the religion you choose, it's more to do with your actions and mindset. 

I'm glad I am not any part of any organized religion!

I did pick up on atheism for a while when I was in my late 20's. It was very liberating, but because of things that have happened and just some innate feeling, I just feel like there is something. 
I don't know what it is... God? Aliens? Flying Spaghetti Monster?  http://www.venganza.org/ and it defies logic but I can not not believe in a supreme being.

That being said, you would think that if someone is an atheist, for instance, or does not practice a religion per se even though they do believe, if they lead a good life their entire life, are charitable, and kind, and whatever else that the pious person believes makes them truly good... if these poeople do it not because they have to, not because that is what is said by the church or their beliefs, but do it because it is just who they are.. you would think this would be even better. Cause they are truly good in their soul for no other reason then because they are.

Did that make sense?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
Is this type of antagonistic behavior encouraged in mormonism :dunno:

that is a very good point nate.

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Mormon POWAH!
« Reply #94 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
ever heard the saying, "there's no such thing as an athiest in a foxhole"? something to think about......
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:51:40 PM »
:smack: Well this thread has taught me one thing.  Pay more attention to names.  Looking at his pic. and glancing at his name I thought he signed up as Mega Moron.  Sorry

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Jan 13, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »
ever heard the saying, "there's no such thing as an athiest in a foxhole"? something to think about......

That is what 'they' say, but have you ever actually asked a true atheist?

My stepmother was raised atheist, her whole family is atheist, in a case like that I would have to say it is so ingrained in her that the thought of suddenly finding God in a life threatening situation would not even cross her mind.

:smack: Well this thread has taught me one thing.  Pay more attention to names.  Looking at his pic. and glancing at his name I thought he signed up as Mega Moron.  Sorry
  :rofl:  sorry, that is what I caught at first glance too. But then I thought Racinkid's name was Rancidkid, and Dirt Toy Boy's was Yesterdays Flower Child! :rofl2:    :disturbed:   :aaa:

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

the thought of suddenly finding God in a life threatening situation would not even cross her mind.

I didnt believe in god until i almost died (a few times)
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:12:58 PM »
I didnt believe in god until i almost died (a few times)

Well good for you, and it is your American right to do so, her father had multiple heart attacks and was an atheist to the very end. To each their own.
It's when people try to tell me it's their way or the highway that I get offended.

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »

Well good for you, and it is your American right to do so, her father had multiple heart attacks and was an atheist to the very end. To each their own.
It's when people try to tell me it's their way or the highway that I get offended.
me too! I dont usually share my views unless someone asks. Im surprised I shared that much lol
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »

Well, you may remember the tale of my motorbike accident a few years back.  Something about my head + metal reflector post + 90 mph, me tangling with my flipping bike and ending up a ways out in a field.  Cal trans driver said he thought I was laying there dead when he first pulled up, especially after seeing my bike.  This all happened some time around late morning, maybe noon, and my first memory of the day was very late afternoon, just about when my other roommate got home from work.  Up till that point I was just babbling on and repeating myself.  When we first pulled up the tow truck driver told my roommate that we'd been driving around for about an hour trying to find my house since I had no clue where I lived.  Guess I recognized my 4by when we drove past :gap:

I should have been dead no doubt, and believe that I got a wake up call and a second chance, but it didn't sway my religious beliefs any. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »
Well, you may remember the tale of my motorbike accident a few years back.  Something about my head + metal reflector post + 90 mph, me tangling with my flipping bike and ending up a ways out in a field.  Cal trans driver said he thought I was laying there dead when he first pulled up, especially after seeing my bike.  This all happened some time around late morning, maybe noon, and my first memory of the day was very late afternoon, just about when my other roommate got home from work.  Up till that point I was just babbling on and repeating myself.  When we first pulled up the tow truck driver told my roommate that we'd been driving around for about an hour trying to find my house since I had no clue where I lived.  Guess I recognized my 4by when we drove past :gap:

I should have been dead no doubt, and believe that I got a wake up call and a second chance, but it didn't sway my religious beliefs any. 
ever "seen the light" at the end of the tunnel? I have quite a few times while unconscious........Its so calming and warm...just inviting u to come in.....but whatever u do...DONT do it! u wont come back!
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Jan 13, 2007, 06:04:59 PM »
ever "seen the light" at the end of the tunnel? I have quite a few times while unconscious........Its so calming and warm...just inviting u to come in.....but whatever u do...DONT do it! u wont come back!

:haha:  Can't recall what it is, but there's a medical term for "seeing the light" and having dillusions of seeing dead relatives, etc.  Something about the lack of oxygen to the brain or something :headscratch:

RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #103 on: Jan 13, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
Mega Mormon, show me exactly where major anti-moron flaming has occured since you signed on. There was some discussion on the religion, and a major offtopic twist to it sequing back to discussion.
If it was my comment on 'let the flaming begin' - followed by "JUST KIDDING" - the comment was specifically said because you said you post on boards as such to see what kind of reaction you would get. And was strictly a ball busting joke.
I have seen nothing inappropriate in regard to your religion other then people stating their opinions.

Actually, MWM, I have done quite a bit of that.  It's the anti-mormon flaming that isn't occurring. :gap:  have I mentioned Spell Check is free... :rofl:

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 105
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Jan 13, 2007, 06:53:56 PM »
But god won't love you unless you pay him!

Wait, does that make god a sleeper?!

Lol.

And on the subject. Your user name draws attiontion. And you got just what you wanted huh;).

The couple people in this thread that are mormon come off as pretty normal. But I have have nothing but bad things to say about the mormons I have met.

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Jan 13, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
Actually, MWM, I have done quite a bit of that.  It's the anti-mormon flaming that isn't occurring. :gap:  have I mentioned Spell Check is free... :rofl:
  oh I did not!! LMAO!!! That is classic! :rofl2:

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Jan 13, 2007, 07:05:29 PM »
YOU seem to be the only person who cares about your religion. 

Exacree! I don't align myself with any traditional or organized religion. My relationship with God, is mine. I rarely talk about it...unless asked or in giving advice to someone.
You shouldn't wear your religious beliefs as a "red badge of courage"...that is called hypocrisy. There are many (most) sects that I disagree with, but as long as killing me isn't part of your religion, I figure believing in something is better than believing in nothing. If I'm wrong about my beliefs...God will let me know someday.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:06:08 AM »
I can not say that I have ever seen on this board that anybody has bashed anybody else for their religious beliefs or lack there of, save for the occasional nutcase.

The time TigerToy complained to the mods that a Bible Discussion thread had been started and was offensive to him comes to mind. :shake: and not even because of any part of the discussion but because of the mere existance of the thread :rofl:

Needless to say we told him 'then don't read it'.

But the religion of a person no more comes into play on how we treat one another then their race.

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:18:28 AM »
mega Mormon, there are a few people that posted in this thread that seem to be OK with me, and know I'm Mormon.. it's all the ones that seem to be giving you the most crap here, they aren't giving you crap because they hate mormons, they are jsut busting your chops becasue this for the most part is a light environment of people cool enough that we can do that with..... yes they are my friends and we don't always agree, and there are times i get very pissed off at them, but oh well, its really not a big deal..... i am who i am.....
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 08:12:32 AM by jimbo74 »
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:25:56 AM »
dont worry mega mormon, there are a few people that psoted in this thread that seem to be ok with me, and know im mormon.... its all the ones that seem to be giving you the most crap here..... yes they are my friends and we dont always agree, and there are times i get very pissed off at them, but oh well, its really not a big deal..... i am who i am.....

Jim give me a break! No one judges you, or gives you a hard time because you are a mormon.

If there are disagreements it is because of advice, commments or responses given on other threads that others do not find as wise as you think they is. Not because of your religion.

No one cares what religion you are.

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:34:32 AM »
Jim give me a break! No one judges you, or gives you a hard time because you are a Mormon.

If there are disagreements it is because of advice, comments or responses given on other threads that others do not find as wise as you think they is. Not because of your religion.

No one cares what religion you are.

Diane, i know, thats what I'm trying to convey to mega Mormon...... i might fight you so often on you thinking what i believe is a bunch of crap or vice versa, but it doesn't change who i am, and the friends on here still care about me anyways... that was my point.....

before i sound like a jerk, mega Mormon did come in rather strong... ha ha, i used to be that way too, after awhile i learned that me being such a jerk all the time wasn't a good idea, especially if i wanted to be accepted by my peers (IE you guys)

not that i really care what you guys think ;) :P
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 08:07:46 AM by jimbo74 »

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:52:35 AM »
Guess I misunderstood your point. And the point is still, no one cares what religion anyone is until you get in our face about it.

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:02:47 AM »
Guess I misunderstood your point. And the point is still, no one cares what religion anyone is until you get in our face about it.

and even then, i just say bite me, and me and you are cool again in a day or so ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 08:08:57 AM by jimbo74 »

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »
Hey Mega Mormon - what if someone logged on as Mega Pagan and started a newb thread as Pagan Powah - think you might have issues with that?

Or to be less exteme.. what about Mega Wiccan and Wiccan Powah? To each their own.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 08:44:16 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:38:15 AM »
Sorry if this site has already been posted.

I see that some Mormon sites have been linked here. So I will link one of my favorite Christian ministries. Anytime I have extra $ to give over & above my tithe, they get it.

http://www.concernedchristians.org/

Go to the Discussion Board .

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 11:49:07 AM by birddog »

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Jan 14, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »
I just thought i might explain why i would start a topic called Mormon Powah...i do it in every forum i sign up for. i post i'm mormon and see if (or usually how bad) i get flamed! i almost didn't on Marlin Crawler cause i thought "it's just a bunch of laid back guys, or gals, who like to go four wheelin'...they don't care what my religon is!" thanks for proving me right! :snare:

out of the twenty or so forums i've signed up for...ranging between hardcore video gaming forums, and casual chat forums. this is by far the rudest and most anti-mormon forum i've ever seen! WHAT THE HECK? it's a four-wheeling forum!!! if i wanted to get bashed i would've signed up for a cathlic forum and posted there! why in the world would a four-wheelin forum be the most anti-mormon? i still have no idea!

thanks to all of you who tryed to at least to be kind!

:headscratch:

I'm not here to bash, or flame, but why would you go around to so many forums that you know are topic centered and have your first post be potentially controversial off topic? Just to see how many people will crack and respond to your post? Or how many people will come out and give you props?

The truth is this IS a forum of laid back guys and gals who LOVE to go wheelin' If you're here to get into wheeling and are looking for some of the best damn help around , then  :welcome:.  We don't care what your religion is so why make that the topic of your first post?  :dunno:

I think your intro into forums could use a little help.

:twocents:
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:51:16 PM »
haha this thread is pretty messed up! Megamormon best sums it up best himself in this quote

WHAT THE HECK? it's a four-wheeling forum!!!
  :beerchug:
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »
BD, that's not what I meant.  I see it as "it's not your religion that'll get you into trouble(i could care less if he is mormon or hindu or whatever)it's your stupidity that'll get ya."  You post something stupid, and someone is gonna call you on it.

duffil,  I know what you meant, I was trying to use your post to signify that I was just messing around.  I fully agree with you on the idea that "your stupidity is your choice/fault" idea.  :thumbs:

No harm intended, sorry I wasn't clearer with my quote use.

:beerchug:

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007, 02:47:04 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #118 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »
 :thumbs:

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
Lets wheel!!
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.