Author Topic: motor mount toast?  (Read 2245 times)

RustyToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 481
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
motor mount toast?
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »
my motor is shaking a little.. i looked at the driver side motor mount and that seams to be the base of the shake. Has anyone had a motor mount go out and what did it do...?
I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else~~~~~

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: motor mount toast?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 12:34:07 AM »
I was driving down a dirt road a ways back in the woods going maybe 10-15mph, hit a washout that I forgot was there and the truck bounced fairly violently.  After that it vibrated and growled, and I wasn't able to go very fast.  It had sheered one mount off, tore the rubber in half, and cocked the engine to one side a little.  Went to the yard, pulled one off a 2wd and was done with it shortly.  I've heard the 2wd ones don't line up the same, but I've used them a couple of times without any fitment issues.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

RustyToy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 10:15:16 PM »
Thanks a lot. i just get a shimmy out of my motor, changed motors and still get the shimmy...
I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else~~~~~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:00:02 PM »
you should actually be able to look at the motor mount and tell.  It'll sit cocked.  You can have someone rev the truck in nuetral, and look at the motor mount in question.  if it lifts, its bad :thumbs:  changing them is real easy if you have a hoist, just take of the nuts, lift up, swap out, lower back down.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:06:02 PM »
changing them is real easy if you have a hoist, just take of the nuts, lift up, swap out, lower back down.

Yeah key word is "if". If you dnot its a pain in the ass. Ive had the joy of breaking 3 since September.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »
Yeah key word is "if". If you dnot its a pain in the ass. Ive had the joy of breaking 3 since September.

borrow one :thumbs: :hahaha:

At least you have a 22r lilbuddy (or is  it an re now?)  I've done mine (3.0 ) and helped RUGER with his (22r) and Its so much easier :headshake: its not even funny
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

RustyToy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 07:05:44 AM »
Good thing i work at an auto auction with a lift   :thumbs:  Thanks again guys.

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »
I found out that I broke one awhile back when I left work and got on it, and the gear shift started to violently rock to the right!  I was like  :yikes:   I just went to a buddy who's a mechanic and used his hoist!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen