We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: MARLIN CRAWLER 470 Gear set Give-A-Way!!!!!  (Read 19734 times)

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
MARLIN CRAWLER 470 Gear set Give-A-Way!!!!!
« on: Apr 13, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Finally-
We are giving away one 4.70:1 Genuine Marlin Crawler Total Spline gear sets. The winner we get a choice of a 21 or 23 spline input. The gear set comes with a complete gasket and seal kit. These gears will fit any gear driven (RF1A) Toyota pickup/4runner transfer case.

Shipping is on the house.

Requirements to enter- Show us a pick of your rig and tell us why you need this gear set (or why you have not already bought one). This is also open to all members of the board (including moderators). Employees of Marlin Crawler are not eligible to enter. :nonono: Void where prohibited. :moon:

Winner will be picked on April 20th 2006.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

4inchToyotas

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -260
  • Male Posts: 351
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Wheeling does exist in the ATL
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Cruisers
Re: MARLIN CRAWLER 470 Gear set Give-A-Way!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:05:28 AM »
Wow...never been first for anything. I find the cabs on the 1st gens to be quite cramped to begin with, this would be a nice alternative to a crawl box for me.
2006 Tundra DC 4x4 - DD/Tow (if I can ever find a place to store a trailer)
1983 Hilux - 20/22r Weber 32/36 carb, 4" ProComp suspension, 5.29's Lockrite Front, Spool rear, 34x10.50x15 LTBs

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:08:38 AM »
I have an 85 4runner, and last August I purchased your trail flex kit front and rear, and bought the dual case adapter. I would have loved to have bought the gear set, but I was already tapped out with all the other items I bought...

Thank you so much for the chance to win though. :crossed:

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »
I could go 4.7s in both cases 8) just kidding, pick someone that needs it so they can enjoy the benefits of goin LoWwWw! this is kindof a milestone to have giveaways on the board again! :beer:

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:16:29 AM »
I need them so I can be slower!
My budget limited me from getting them before I installed my duals, and with my baby boy due on May 12th, I doubt I will ever be able to buy them.
Thanks for considering me!
And excellent idea on having a give a way here in addition to PBB!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
All right I'm going to play the "bone stock truck" and "newbie wheeler" card's for this one.  I am currently trying to save up for your 5" lift kit, but school loan payments keep getting in the way of that.  The next step is gearing.  This give away would be a great start to helping me get my crawl on..   ;)

thanks and good luck to all who enter!

Glad to see you guys doing some promo on this board, since i don't belong to any others.. :thumbs:

I like to Drive!

derek

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 600
  • Member since May '02
  • slow truck=more time to nap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2006, 12:04:16 PM »
i need a 23 spline set for my near future 4.3 swap.

dane

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 62
  • Member since Mar '06
  • HOOLIGAN ROCK CREW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »
I am entering to win the gears because I'm sure they come with some big ass Marlin Crawler stickers which I'm sure would get a lot of attention on my rig.  I also let everyone who wants to drive my rig play with it and this would be a small step towards getting sponsored. Thank you for the chance to get some killer gearing options!!!
HOOLIGAN ROCK CREW, DON'T YOU KNOW??

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »
I need em' I havent bought any cuz all my funds are going into getting this rag-a-muffin' back together

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2006, 05:28:06 PM »

Not that I NEED them, but it never hurts to put your name in the hat.

I may be going to a bigger diesel in the future and would want to step up to the 23 spline input so I can go with a heavier transmision.

I like the idea of this type of promotion on the board.

Marlin has done so much for this sport and still has so much to offer.

1st pic: Gate Keeper Rest In Peace.
2nd pic: Mammoth  groupies.
3rd pic: one for Marlin and the gang.

Thanks for bringing us all together.

See you at MCR 5

:beerchug:

EDIT: There are so many others that could benefit from this giveaway that it doesn't seem right for me to take the Chance away from someone else when I don't really need them.

Please withdraw my name from the hat.

Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2006, 03:50:29 AM by Willy Mammoth »
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2006, 05:37:14 PM »
 :bananasplit:  This is frickin awesome!  Let's see, I need em cause money's always tight, and when I have the cash I can't decide whether or not to go duals or single 4.7!  I got a smokin deal on a complete sas kit from a boardmember recently so funds are depleted, but this is the 2nd to last item I need to get my project started and get all my marlin parts out of storage and on my truck!  Plus with over 508,000 miles on the stock gears I'm sure they could use to be replaced!  You guys rock!  :yesnod:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2006, 06:23:03 PM »
Because I am tired of always using this to get up obstacles!!!!!!!! :gap:  I don't need them, some one else is more derserving!! :beerchug:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2006, 06:50:14 PM »
 :cheese:  ok,  im gonna bite, i dont really NEED them  but if i win i can maybe swap  for something i do need  :think:  like a L52HD :rivers:

cause im so pathetic :headshake:

and to be able to help Marlin market his products  proudly  :usa:

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2006, 07:42:46 PM by 79Coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
I'M IN!!

You just have to look at my truck and what I put it through to realize that it would be in the best interest of my trucks survival and everyone involved that I win this contest. My poor clutch whines and crys everytime I fire up my truck, and my engine groans at the thought of me stabbing at the skinny pedal everytime I get into trouble to make up for the lack of gearing. My transmission starts shaking at the thought of having to endure another trip through Pumpkin Eater without some assistance. My transfer case wants to get off the train, my driveshafts are getting dizzy from the speed at which I have to drive on the big rocks. My axles spit gear oil and teeth since they keep getting punched in the face by the rocks flying off my tires, and those are bald from all the spinning they must do to keep up. My front fenders shudder everytime I aim them at a ledge for they know it will be at ramming speed and if they get in the way and they do, it will be at their peril if they don't lift their skirts. My doors creak in pain as they slide inches from a boulder and bed wishes I'd just make a flatbed and retire it. My head-lights bug out in horror as they are propelled forward toward their doom, and my marker lamps.... well may they rest in pieces.

These are just some of the reasons I could use a set of low gears, but most importantly my blood pressure would return to normal since my Adrenalin would not be pumping from the moment I get up to go wheeling, my heart would beat at a normal speed, and my nerves would not be on edge constantly. I would have bought a set long ago but have allways run into a roadblock along the way that diverted the money for more pressing needs. I would enjoy having them and could back up all that trail talk promoting Marlin's Crawler-gears, since I would do without before caving in and buying an inferior product.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2006, 08:12:09 PM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »
I need 4.7s because I never get to wheel.  Most of the guys around here have heavily modded rigs, and I can't hang with 4.88s, and an engine that idles at 1000 rpm.  4.7s would drop my crawl ratio enough so I could wheel more often and more reliably. It's also my daily driver, so extensive mods aren't an option. And here's the only pic I have of my truck wheeling.

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:03:59 PM »
I could go 4.7s in both cases 8) just kidding, pick someone that needs it so they can enjoy the benefits of goin LoWwWw! this is kindof a milestone to have giveaways on the board again! :beer:
I agree Kyle. Hopefully this is the first of many more to come  :bowdown:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

toyfamily

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2006, 10:12:46 PM »
I have 2 stock cases with my Marlin crawler. At the time I purchased mine, I could only swing stock since I was building 2 trucks (mine and my son's) so 2 crawlers and gears and lockers for 2 rigs make it too expensive to go exotic.  Having 4.7s in one case would be diffinately an advantage.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2006, 01:17:13 AM »
Im in!

I need it because I am a broke highschool student that wants to be slower then what I am at right now. Im going to get some in the future but even sooner is even better! Itd be awesome to have this!

Heres one snow wheelin in its current condition.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006, 01:22:52 AM by lilbuddy »
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

skid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 295
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2006, 07:14:44 AM »
now that I have them in this

I don't think I can live without them in this

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006, 10:26:12 PM by skid »
Diggin a hole with plastic
90 ext cab toy, short 40 Iroks, detroit and diamond, mco8-r10 duals with twin stick, 4.7 gears and 30 spline Longs/hub gears-studs

toxic

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Feb '06
  • YEP IT'S A TOYOTA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

Other than the Tires/Snorkel/Sliders and the rear bumper your shippin next week(Hope its done) I'm stock and would love to have a set in when I get to do my SAS....SO please count me in and THANK YOU FOR THE CHANCE :bowdown:
You Build It/You Drive It/You Break It/You Fix It...Who Cares...It's all part of Wheelin

86 4Runner
32 BFG MT'S/NeilFab Sliders/Arb Snorkel/Hand Throttle/

Manson

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
I already have some in this with a single case but if I won these I could trade to someone I know for the parts I am missing for my dual case .

Mnmstoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 230
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Mike's 80Toy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:38:29 PM »
My post says I am a noob and that may be so. But, I got into wheeling about 2 years ago. I bought a 1980 toyota for $700 and slowly have been fixing it up. My latest change was dovetail the rear and half doors I did myself. Aside from my lift that I got at a junkyard and 33's. I am still all stock. My little 20R sure can use some help in gearing. Still running the 4.37 open diffs.  I would like to get out more just no funds like everyone else.  Still feel like the new guy next to rigs that are twice the size of my truck.....that and not really having anything in the drivetrain to keep up. I think the gear set would really help me out. My Truck is my D.D. so all that I do to it is moslty when I get vacation time(three times a year).
On to post some pics
Before

After

Thanks for giving me a chance to win!!!
Mike

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2006, 07:24:12 AM »
I'M IN!!

You just have to look at my truck and what I put it through to realize that it would be in the best interest of my trucks survival and everyone involved that I win this contest. My poor clutch whines and crys everytime I fire up my truck, and my engine groans at the thought of me stabbing at the skinny pedal everytime I get into trouble to make up for the lack of gearing. My transmission starts shaking at the thought of having to endure another trip through Pumpkin Eater without some assistance. My transfer case wants to get off the train, my driveshafts are getting dizzy from the speed at which I have to drive on the big rocks. My axles spit gear oil and teeth since they keep getting punched in the face by the rocks flying off my tires, and those are bald from all the spinning they must do to keep up. My front fenders shudder everytime I aim them at a ledge for they know it will be at ramming speed and if they get in the way and they do, it will be at their peril if they don't lift their skirts. My doors creak in pain as they slide inches from a boulder and bed wishes I'd just make a flatbed and retire it. My head-lights bug out in horror as they are propelled forward toward their doom, and my marker lamps.... well may they rest in pieces.

These are just some of the reasons I could use a set of low gears, but most importantly my blood pressure would return to normal since my Adrenalin would not be pumping from the moment I get up to go wheeling, my heart would beat at a normal speed, and my nerves would not be on edge constantly. I would have bought a set long ago but have allways run into a roadblock along the way that diverted the money for more pressing needs. I would enjoy having them and could back up all that trail talk promoting Marlin's Crawler-gears, since I would do without before caving in and buying an inferior product.

:rofl2:   that was awesome!! 

2nd pic: Mammoth  groupies.

Mammoth groupies!!  :rofl: 

OK as you were, I don't need gears.  May the best man win! :thumbs:
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2006, 07:43:21 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
I NEED the 4.7's for my rig, because stock duals just isn't low enough!  I'm going to bigger tires next time around (probably 39.5's or 40's) and the stockers just won't cut it then!

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

affende

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Jan '06
  • I would do her IDB style...twice
    • View Profile
    • Affende.com
« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »
here is how it started....

here is how it sits now...

and here is the plan...

why i need the 4.7....because a 36:1 final ratio with a manual can be a little...touchy :o .....my plan is to go with dual cases with 4.7 in both, but working part time ( to pay for college) and being in college ( Virginia Tech, Mechanical Engineering) doesnt lend much time or money to do the things that i love. 

i have yet to buy a set because the aforementioned monetary problems of working part time and using what little income i have to pay for college, rent, books, etc :(

I am forever grateful for the mere chance to win.  Thanks MC!
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2006, 03:21:46 PM by affende »
Please excuse my grammar and spelling, im from Virginia.

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »
 BTG money pit chassis, those guys make some sick stuff

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:23:46 PM »
me me me me me! RockSurfer pretty much summed up everything I wanted to say. My truck hates me and my driving style. Gears would make life so much simpler. Thanks for the opportunity. -Collier  :usa:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

affende

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Jan '06
  • I would do her IDB style...twice
    • View Profile
    • Affende.com
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »
BTG money pit chassis, those guys make some sick stuff

werd....this is my first chassis build so i decided to go with a chassis that was already worked out...then ill customize some of it as my own :love:
Please excuse my grammar and spelling, im from Virginia.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
  Well I think I need the gears because I got the T/C and need the lower gears for the tundra.. It's big HEAVY, and needs to go slow.. Beside I'm going to be the only one in canada with a Marlin Crawler( just think of the new customs I could drum up).  Besides it would really make my little brother PO'ed to watch my "not a real truck" truck pulling stumps, when his "dodge" can bearly pull his camper trailer.  :tantrum:

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2006, 01:29:09 AM by V-Man »

91Toyota4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -151
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2006, 06:34:11 PM »
I need it for my future dual cases!  :hammer:

Oh look at my flex!!