the girl
10 (14.7%)
i'll ride in them both
24 (35.3%)
Girl in the truck bed
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2005, 08:00:11 PM

Author Topic: Do You Think a Girl or Your Truck should come first  (Read 11149 times)

blacksheepyota83

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Do You Think a Girl or Your Truck should come first
« on: Nov 18, 2005, 08:00:11 PM »
whats up guys.  some times the girls try to make it seem like to spend to much time with the truck and not her.  well what do you think.  My lady knows i love my truck even though it isnt the best(but i make it work)and she still complains that i spend to much time with it.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2005, 08:26:06 AM by BigMike »

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I will always love my truck more than a girl.  :love:  She was my first love.  :love:  You can't deny that.  Probably why I dont have a girlfriend now!!!! lol... Maybe we should start a new thread= why toyotas are better than women...any takers
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

derek

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 600
  • Member since May '02
  • slow truck=more time to nap
    • View Profile
is the girl or turck for sale?
and how much?

derek

94runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 279
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
OMFG.... HAHAHA i saw that and i cracked up :rofl2:  :haha:  :rofl2:
1994 4runner: toy axles, 37's, armor,

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
I'm a girl, and I think the truck should come first...after all, MY truck comes first! :thumbs:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I was going to jump all over this, butt it's just to ez. (most of ya know what I'd say anyway)
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I'm a girl, and I think the truck should come first...after all, MY truck comes first! :thumbs:

Have I told you lately how much I love you?!  You can drive any of my trucks  :love:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Deffinately the truck comes first.  If she tries to squash your dreams, that's your first hint :hammerhead: (<<YOU) If you let her squash your dreams then :kickbutt: to you :slap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

youngkid

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 57
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
well see you put money into your truck you get somthing back, put it into a girl ur lucky if you get a kiss or a make out session. see move from girl to girl then you can get that new upgrade on ur truck. who agrees? :shocking:  :therethere:  :moon:

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
eh i can split it... ive got myself a pretty good girl that understands a tight budget cause of saving for a new truck...
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
:love:  my trucks  and I  :love: my girls but if they can't get along  :kickbutt: the problem to the curb

but before you marry the girl make sure she 's OK with your truck . it's alittle more complicated after that you just might loose both at that point

:driving: < X driving off in truck
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Momma's rig comes first, cause if momma isn't happy the rest of the family is not happy!  But once her van is paid for, HELLO TOYOTA!!  My truck takes me places, but I want to go a litle bit further!  I have to make sure my truck runs, if not I'll be walking to work!  She isn't going to get up at midnight to come get me!  :nope:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Well, I think this is a loaded question, but I voted for the truck.

Of course the girl should come first, being animate, and with my semi-materialistic mind, possesions come and go but those who we love stay for ever.

With that said, however, if I don't like something she is doing, but it's part of her life/lifestyle/livelyhood, then I shouldn't be forcing her to change just so "I" can feel better. If this is a serious enough case, then we outta just break up and find someone more compatible to be with. If you think about it, causing someone to change for you can be ok at first, but eventually, since somethings been part of there life for ever, they will want it back, or at least be less comfortable without it.

And something I don't want my gf to be is uncomfortable. Either we are comfortable together with both of our habits, good and bad, or we should think about seeing other people so we can learn that adjusting to someone's way of life is a good and humble thing to do. :thumbs: In my opinion, everyone will have to adjust no matter who they are with. It's just that some people have less to adjust to.

What about a friend of yours? What if your gf doesn't like one of your buddies and asks for you to stop hanging out with him. Would you do that? 'Cuz to me a buddy is the same as my truck. They are both my best friend

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
Why is this thread in the parts for sale section?  :headscratch:   :screwy:  Are you planning on selling the girl or the truck?

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Dibs on the girl if he's sellin.......don't worry, she'll be back on the market soon enough  :suprised:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
well in my case I have the best of both worlds.  I a few girls to play with (trucks that is) and my wonderful girlfriend.  See what makes it a sweet deal for me is that she wants me to work on my truck so that she can have something to drive.  Now if I could get my buddies truck out the of the shop then I would be able to get her something to drive.  Oh and to make it better she is only happy in the shop if she is working on it with me.

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Well, I think this is a loaded question, but I voted for the truck.

Of course the girl should come first, being animate, and with my semi-materialistic mind, possesions come and go but those who we love stay for ever.

With that said, however, if I don't like something she is doing, but it's part of her life/lifestyle/livelyhood, then I shouldn't be forcing her to change just so "I" can feel better. If this is a serious enough case, then we outta just break up and find someone more compatible to be with. If you think about it, causing someone to change for you can be ok at first, but eventually, since somethings been part of there life for ever, they will want it back, or at least be less comfortable without it.

And something I don't want my gf to be is uncomfortable. Either we are comfortable together with both of our habits, good and bad, or we should think about seeing other people so we can learn that adjusting to someone's way of life is a good and humble thing to do. :thumbs: In my opinion, everyone will have to adjust no matter who they are with. It's just that some people have less to adjust to.

What about a friend of yours? What if your gf doesn't like one of your buddies and asks for you to stop hanging out with him. Would you do that? 'Cuz to me a buddy is the same as my truck. They are both my best friend

BigMike

I think we need to discount mikey opion, as he's head over heals in :love:

and there for not thinking str8. (althogh even in his weaked state he still had the secne to vote for the truck!!!  :laugh: )

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
Well obviously the truck is first. Its always there for you...well some of them may break down from time to time. See what actually happened to me today has made my decision concrete. I was chillin with a girl last night and she said she want to hang out today so I was like ok. But I was going to be bobbing my bed today. Ends up she slept till 3pm (we got home at 4am, but I was up at 9am) and she had to work at 5 so no girl for me and no bed bobbing for me. I got screwed. That aint going to happen again :nope:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
both.  They both piss me off sometimes.  They both are hot, smooth (well, one use to be), cost money, and like to be driven.  But i have found my truck.  I have yet to find that one girl.

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
Definately the Girl , Trucks always 2nd. The girl is the one that'll take care of you, be with you and grow old with you, hopefully. The truck ,well is just a truck, it doesn't care about you , it doesn't think it's just a machine that'll do what you want as long as you take care of it. Plus on those cold winter nights, what are you going to snuggle up in your truck.......I think not...if you do , well your probably at the wrong web site.........maybe you should be at Machine lovers anonymous, etc... or maybe be at a mental institution.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
It's not just a truck, it's not just your mode of transportation we're talking about here, it's a hobby, a recreation, a way of life. It's a 4x4 thing and most don't understand.

If your girl isn't into what you do and doesn't get why you want to spend time with the truck you really might want to think twice. Of course you want a girl to grow old with, but if you're not into the same thing someone is going to have to compromise what they enjoy, more likely then not it won't be her and most times that only causes resentment.

And there is nothing more pitiful then a "yes dear" whupped man :spankbutt: .

The girl and the truck should go hand in hand, if she doesn't get it she should git gone.

I'm with FFC and Alyssa. The trucks come first, and you know I am right there with the hubby on ours.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
 :rara: + Bed of Truck =  :bumpinbutts:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
:rara: + Bed of Truck =  :bumpinbutts:

:funny: I'm SOOO surprised Glen hasn't come up with that yet...

As for the truck or girl, MrsW worded it just right
The girl and the truck should go hand in hand, if she doesn't get it she should git gone.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
 :love:
I am happily married and my wife is absolutely #1  :yesnod:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I am happily married and my wife is absolutely #1  :yesnod:

:puke4: what? no kids? with me there #1, trucky #2 and well you can geass the rest  :eyebrow:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I am happily married and my wife is absolutely #1 :yesnod:

and the key word here is HAPPILY... if all is well then there is no need to question the relationship, but like Mikey said..

If I don't like something she is doing, but it's part of her life/lifestyle/livelyhood, then I shouldn't be forcing her to change just so "I" can feel better. If this is a serious enough case, then we outta just break up and find someone more compatible to be with. If you think about it, causing someone to change for you can be ok at first, but eventually, since somethings been part of there life for ever, they will want it back, or at least be less comfortable without it.

Either we are comfortable together with both of our habits, good and bad, or we should think about seeing other people so we can learn that adjusting to someone's way of life is a good and humble thing to do. :thumbs: In my opinion, everyone will have to adjust no matter who they are with. It's just that some people have less to adjust to.

In every relationship there is going to be some adjustment, but no one should force someone to give up something they are passionate about.

You don't hook up with a musician and then complain they spend too much time out at night, or spend too much time practicing with the band. Or hook up with someone because they are so buff and and then complain they spend too much time at the gym and it's the same with trucks.

If someone has a passion you need to be part of that or be with someone else that has passion you also enjoy. That way you grow together as friends not two people going seperate ways.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
My girlfriend Loves me , and supports me in all I do. If I like it , She likes it because I do. She just wants to be with me in any situation. She loves to fish, camp and lite 4 wheeling, she understands why I sometimes like to rock crawl , but she usually stays at camp when I go for the hardcore ( I guess that started from I rolled my first wheeler, and she got hurt [ broken arm ] ).

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Wife.  In the end, its just a truck.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
My family comes first plain and simple, no specific order I love to wheel but if push comes to shove the truck goes on the back burner. It'll be there and so will the wheelin' and it won't be offended that I couldn't buy it new spark plugs when my wife needs a new set of nails.

:gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

yodersgirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Female Posts: 183
  • Member since Apr '05
  • shut up and hold on
    • View Profile
  my husbands had lots of trucks in our 9 years of marage :yesnod:  and i was always out there with him watching and asking him 101 questions :suprised:  and  he'd spend more time ansering them all than working on his truck  :maddest:  so finally you know what he did went out  and bought me one :ha_ha:  and now he can work on his rig and mine too :rofl2:  were both HAPPY :beerchug:  so buy you'r woman a project rig  mabey she'll apprsheate  you working on it  :sheerterror:
you can follow me but it might hurt