Author Topic: project extend-a-toy  (Read 164787 times)

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: project extend-a-toy
« Reply #330 on: Sep 03, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »
almost there. lookin good.

PAGE 12   :clap2: :clap: :usa: :beerchug: :ladys-man: :bowdown: :) ;) :-\ :D 8) :cool: :pirate: :greengrin: :gap: :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :yesnod: :disturbed: :sly: :ack: :king: :shocking: :o :eek: :eyebrow: :shake_head: :conf: :flamer: :driving: :hammerhead: :_order: :psss: :_oops: :think:
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Sep 04, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »
have you decided what you are going to do for inside panels in the ex-cab portion?
Looks good so far - I really like the floor.
thanks!!  yeah, i am going to make the inner panels removable.. to try to get as much storage out of this thing as possible i will be putting my extra oil, small tools, and some small axle parts, bolts, etc in there...  they will also double as a place to put my rear speakers although this idea might change..   this area is a great way to get into the inside of my back panels and rockers to see if any rust demons are lurking in there down the road...  as well, having access to this space allows me to run wiring through the rockers as well quite easily should i need anything wired in the back of the truck..
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Sep 06, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »
Nice to see this thing with Fenders. This winter im going All out with the Cab Extending, I Picked up a 4Runner to drive while im working on ol blue (Currently my Daily Driver). Only Picture I have of it so far. I want to see doors on it. The girlfriend Hates my truck but thats ok She will get over it eventually lol.

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:41:51 PM »
Any updates?????

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #334 on: Nov 16, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
:worthless:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Sway

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Nov 17, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
WOW! My head an eyes hurt from reading all 12 pages, but I want more! :drooling:
Not sick, but not well.

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »
bump updates man updates!!!!

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »
it got crazy cold up here over the last while and its been too much of a deteurment to be freezing my butt out in the garage... i also ended up buying a 92 4 runner for 500 bucks that needed an engine to tow my sled and small trailer around.. i couldnt sell my spare 3 litre engine so i decided to find a vehicle that needed one, swap the engine in and then when i am done with it i would sell it in the spring... i should be almost done my engine swap this weekend...

ok, well here are a few quick updates...  i just ordered the 25mm pin upgrade kit from marlin, a set of 6 shooter knuckles from those other guys(being that it the only non-crap thing they sell) , and a pile of little odds and ends to finish up the truck...    i also have been working with a decal company here in town to see if i can make a replica orange and yellow sr5 stripe and decal set as well.. i will know pretty quick here if i can make them exactly like the original or not.. :crossed:
 the wiring harness is pretty much done and now its almost ready to strip everything down again and finish a little bit of welding to mount some tabs  and stuff..  i am quite happy with how things are turning out but there isnt much point posting anything because i havent made any big changes..  

i will have some good pics again soon...  its supposed to warm up here again shortly so i will be back at her again.. thanks for all the good compliments again!!  this has been a fun build and plan on making it go on for ever and ever and ever and ever.. :disturbed:   just kidding.. i plan on actually making it down to marlin crawler  roundup next year..
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2010, 11:43:29 PM by fj-rankenstein »

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
 :biggthumpup:
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the Update, I thought you may have sold it (I was going to be pissed if you did because I want it :D)

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Jan 02, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
cant wait to see it

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:04:06 AM »
Thanks for the Update, I thought you may have sold it (I was going to be pissed if you did because I want it :D)
nah!!! i dont sell anything. if you saw the collection of junk i have you would agree..  and i definitelly cant sell something without at least haveing a little fun with it!!

91crawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 150
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »
PICS we need PICS man.

hgkittyhawk

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 21
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Jan 02, 2010, 06:52:42 AM »
That was amazing to read.Great fab work.I was hoping to see the finished product on the last page.We need pics asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a butt load of work in your truck. WOW
I wish i had that much time.

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
well, not to much progress although i think its confirmed that the gilrfriend and i are gonna try to make it for the round-up this year in the pickup.. this at least gives me a goal to finish this thing by..  gee, i think i have heard myself say this before.. oh well..  i am enjoying myself anyways...

the biggest news at the moment is that i am working with a decal guy right now here in town to reproduce an accurate sr5 decal package for 1st gen pickups..   (the yellow and orange stripe package) ...   i will know more after the weekend how things went...

hubba hubba...

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:01:03 AM »
that is gunna look sweet! hope to see ya at the round-up.

89DLX

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 30
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: Apr 24, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »
 :bowdown: awesome skills
1989 Longbed 22re, SAS, camping rig. (sold) Very sad day. 

Denver, Colorado.

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: Apr 24, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »
we need updates dude!!!! or Ill buy your cab off of you and built it up myself :P

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: Apr 24, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
This thing is sweet... I just read through your entire build. You have done a ton of work to that thing. Thanks for posting so many pics and sharing. Great work.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Apr 24, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »
read through your whole build. you have some skills man!  :bowdown:
:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

fj-rankenstein [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: Apr 26, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
hey thanks guys!!  i am trying to have the official "longest time to build a truck" thread..   i have built, rebuilt and built again several parts of my truck as my skills have gotten better over the years...  this last week benp (project toyotal chaos) came over and made some new engine mounts again for me while i worked on the back end of the truck...  my fuel cell is pretty much all buttoned up and the lines going to it as well.   basically the whole truck is about 80 percent done in all areas..  i have spent alot of my time actually helping out with other peoples builds over mine and now figure its my turn to get something done..  another truck that i have been helping with is "Project sarge" in the landcruiser area of this forum...  that has kept me quite busy over the last year as well as my buddy has caught the crusier bug and i am not one to turn down work on a good cruiser project..  the other big issue is that i dont do too much out in the garage during the winter.. all i have to heat my garage so far are two construction heaters and its expensive to run them so normally i shut it down for the winter unless i really need to be out there and resume my work in the spring again when it is warmer..

the big plan is this..   i am going to work on this truck this summer till i can get it running and then tear it down for complete body and paint over the winter..   the girlfriend and i are going to make marlin crawler 10 next year.  (who doesnt make the tenth anual anything big!! so we have to make it to that one!!).  we found out that my hollidays are all screwed up and i dont have enought to take any 4000 mile trips this summer so marlin crawler 9 is out unfortunatelly...

i am going to copy and paste from another forum the few details i have of my truck progress lately because i dont feel like typing any more and its 2am in the morning...  :disturbed:

good day in the garage yesterday...  i did manage to get the new clutch on the engine and the engine installed. i made a clutch aligning tool from a junk tranny that i had to make the job go easier.. good thing the toyota 3 litre and 3.4 litre use the same size input.  i think from here i will continue to assemble till it can run and drive.. i will do a complete teardown as originally planned once i know everything works... tomorrow i will get the heater and a/c assembly hopefully back into the truck and finish the wiring... there are a few changes that i want to make now to some of the accessory wiring just to perhaps clean it up a little better..
here are the pics..

using the clutch tool to make the job easier

clutch in place waiting for pressureplate

almost in its home!!

touchdown!

just a random side of the engine shot

and........

with progress starting to pick up i have decided to go another way with the front fan..  i originally bought a 16 inch rad fan and fan controller from Summit racing thinking that i was going to put electric fans in...  i got playing around and like i found out before, there was no room to put a engine driven mechanical fan but it was close..  the stock fan was basically sitting a quarter inch into where the rad would normally sit and then as an evening project i thought i would mix and match some parts and see if i could come up with something that i could make fit..   in the end, a fan clutch assembly from 3.4 and a fan from a 3 litre truck was the right combination to sqeeze a mechanical fan in between the engine and rad...  well, sorta.  :?   being that the original plan was to run electric fans it really didnt matter how th engine sat but with the mechanic fan it was quite evident that the engine was indeed tilted downward because the top of the fan was hitting the rad and the bottom was 3/4 inch away..  so then i undid the motor mounts and lifted the engine a good 1.5 inches till the fan looked even with the rad..  next was hood clearance because i thought i wouldnt have much clearance between the top of the engine and the underside of the hood...  turns out i still have a good inch of space..  it will work for now but when i get the supercharger on i will have to cut a hole in the hood and put a scoop but i am fine with that..  thanks to ben for starting to rework my engine mounts again..  they look even better the second time around!!  :lol:
 here are a couple pics of how it sits so far...

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: Apr 26, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »
lookin very nice man! keep it up! :thumbs:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

IVrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 23
  • Male Posts: 352
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Santa Barbara, CA
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
I'm soo glad I ran across this thread again.  Absolutely amazing build. 

I've always wanted to do what you have done, but with 4 doors (either suicide or regular).  Thought of combining 2nd gen 4runner rear door with 1st gen pickup doors for the rear.  But, what you did looks great - keep the pics coming - love it!!!
~Josh
-87 4Runner SR5 - SAS, 4.88's, 33 KM2s, Lockright front, elocker rear, frenched hangers, TG in front, 63’s in rear (DD)
-2010 4runner Trail (wife DD)
-2000 4runner 4WD manual Highlander -SOLD:(
-1986 Toyota pickup SAS on 35s -SOLD
-1985 4runner (first car) -SOLD

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
lookin great man,  nice progress.    i think your gonna like the 3.4 in that first gen.    i know i would would.  :biggthumpup:
i love oregon wheelin.

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
The project is looking great, and has been a lot of inspiration for mine. Keep up the clean work
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

swapped89

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 270
  • Male Posts: 1,221
  • Member since Aug '09
  • Not all who wander...are lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »
lookin SICK man, that 3.4 is gonna be sooo nice.
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61345.0 

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
how much shipped to 81641

muddytaco

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 228
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:57 PM »
well this thing is crazy awesome
95 tacoma 5" revtek/bilstein detroit locked 9" with drilled and slotted rotors front and back, 8000# mile marker winch, 16" crager crawlers, too much other crap to mention
96 t100 2wd (soon to be sasd i hope) - dead
85 efi 4runner
01 sequoia

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #358 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
Updates?!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #359 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
wow this thing is :boobs: im in love lots of inspiration for my build this winter always wanted to go 4 door truck but cant decied i hate welding sheet metal too i got fed up with it during my bed bob lol
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours