Author Topic: 2009/2010 Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor thread - POSSIBLE BLOODY PICS INSIDE!  (Read 37135 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That's not off topic, look at the thread title  :thumbs:  And congrats, I love salmon fishing, post the pic!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
That's not off topic, look at the thread title  :thumbs:  And congrats, I love salmon fishing, post the pic!

X's 2

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 191
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
Buddy of mine was up in Indiana hunting. His buddy that he was hunting with killed this deer after the farmers jumped it up out the corn field.

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile

87yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 71
  • Member since Feb '09
  • Makes Me Feel So Good!
    • View Profile
dont have the equitment to load the pic off the phone sorry. thats a fn nice buck!
get it!

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
dont have the equitment to load the pic off the phone sorry. thats a fn nice buck!
Try emailing it to a desktop and see if you can load it that way. If your phone has internet.

87yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 71
  • Member since Feb '09
  • Makes Me Feel So Good!
    • View Profile
Try emailing it to a desktop and see if you can load it that way. If your phone has internet.

hahaha! thanks for the tip, but if you seen my phone youd laugh. im surprised the damn thing has txtin on it. cost me 10 bucks haha
get it!

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
nice rack roktoy, what is that a 4x4?  I can't really tell
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
my buddy said it was a 14 point and field dressed at 201lbs. the eye guards do some crazy splits there are more points on rear can't see from this pic.

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
geez, 201lb buck...  that's alot of venison.

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
it was a corn fed buck.

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
another hint, havn't got the right caliber yet but atleast you'll know what the gun is.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Excellent video of a lady shooting an antelope at over 500 yards.  You can very clearly see where it hits and it's a great shot!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dkDDjAM_0&feature=related
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Found out at work the other day that a coworker is quitting to go work at his mom's ranch, which just so happens to be in one of the few areas around here to hold pigs in huntable numbers. I asked if they had pig problems and he said sometimes, so I told him he knew who to call if they needed pesky pigs removed from the property :wink  He said his mom would probably be down, so I also offered to remove any pesky rabbits, but he said there's not too many of them.  Forgot to mention, but I'll also be willing to help remove any pesky coyotes too  :yupyup:

He also said they have 40 acres with nothing on it a ways away, which happens to be a good area for deer, and he said I could probably hunt there if I wanted to. I still won't be able to afford to hunt till next year some time, but it's nice to know that I may have lined up some good hunting on private property.

I told him that I may have a friend or two who'd be willing to help remove the critters, and that we'd be willing to help with stuff around the property in exchange for the hunting opportunities. 
RIP KYOTA

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
Sooo Nate... .you need a hunting buddy to scout those 40 acres?  :eyebrow:

Btw no one got it so i'll post now that it's a Winchester 1892, caliber's a 32-20 !

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I may, I'll try to remember to holler at you when it gets closer  ;)  I guess it woulda been easy enough to come up with the gun model if I were to research, but it was more fun trying to guess!  I think I have an atricle somewhere on the 32-20 also, may have to try digging it up.
RIP KYOTA

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
my co worker had a friend of a friend that had access to some land out at the Sutter Buttes but a few bad apples ruined it by going out there and shooting cow's... sooo now that's a no-go which sucks because there's a ton of pigs up there.

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
another hint, havn't got the right caliber yet but atleast you'll know what the gun is.
Thats a lever gun rite? Pistol Calibers... Ok wat is it??? Its gonna bug me not knowing
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That's usually the way it goes too  :shake:  I'll only go there with people he/his mom approves of, which first have to meet my standard.  I'm very respectful of other people's land if allowed on it and expect the same of others.  Any friends I have in mind to go with me are the same.
RIP KYOTA

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
Thats a lever gun rite? Pistol Calibers... Ok wat is it??? Its gonna bug me not knowing

look up a few post's, it's a 32-20. Winchester 1892

-Jake-

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 538
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Killed this guy Saturday morning on opening morning of muzzle loader season.  Don't mind the hair I had a beenie on and I need a haircut  :cheese:  There was a bigger buck with him but I didn't see him until I shot this one.  This one is a 2 1/2 year old 9 point or 5x4 for you westerners.  The bigger buck that was with him is the same one I missed opening weekend of archery season.  I am going to go back and try a couple more times with my bow.

81 Hilux, E-Lockers, 5.29s, Duals, 30 spline Longfields, 8274 Warn, 40" Iroks, F150s and RUF

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Very nice, judging by that one I imagine the other buck had to be huge!  Where'd you hit him, and what gun are you shooting with?
RIP KYOTA

-Jake-

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Very nice, judging by that one I imagine the other buck had to be huge!  Where'd you hit him, and what gun are you shooting with?

Its a CVA in .45 cal I use 2 triple 7 pellets and a 170 grain power belt.  I actually shot him in the neck because I spot and stalk and I was in some THICK brush and just happened to only have a shot at his neck and decided to take it.  It was about a 60 yard shot.  Neat thing is after I shot him about 30 seconds later a coyote shows up and is trying to attack him while he is still flopping.
81 Hilux, E-Lockers, 5.29s, Duals, 30 spline Longfields, 8274 Warn, 40" Iroks, F150s and RUF

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
So you shot a deer and a coyote in the same day then  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

-Jake-

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I thought about it but only had 1 more shot.  I decided to save it and ended up needing it to finish off the buck.  Good thing I didn't shoot the coyote!

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 340
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
what do you guys know about fitting a 6 point bull elk in your yota's bed?!
AWSOME PIC I've seen it on your avatar and didn't know what it was. .
82 locked,geared,cased,caged daily

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
Killed this guy Saturday morning on opening morning of muzzle loader season.  Don't mind the hair I had a beenie on and I need a haircut  :cheese:  There was a bigger buck with him but I didn't see him until I shot this one.  This one is a 2 1/2 year old 9 point or 5x4 for you westerners.  The bigger buck that was with him is the same one I missed opening weekend of archery season.  I am going to go back and try a couple more times with my bow.

thats a nice lookin som pregnant dog