Author Topic: 2008 deer hunting and general hunting adventures - POSSIBLE BLOODY PICS INSIDE!!  (Read 38076 times)

toyotamobing

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 1,244
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Poly Performance
so since this is the hunting thread would anyone be intrested in getting together for some hunting or fishing??? im down for anything!
1996 Tacoma 3rz auto 4x4
1993 Jeep XJ 2 door 5spd 4cyl 4x4
1996 Dodge 3500 12V 5spd 4x4

@alteredegospeedshop

MAKING A SLOW TRUCK GO FAST SINCE 2003

!!POLY GOATS!!
www.polygoats.com

POLY PERFORMANCE
www.polyperformance.com

kneedownnate [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I'd be totally fine with this thread being used for that too  :thumbs: 

Oh, and I got the official word from the mods that we can't sell firearms on Marlin, but I'm pretty sure we all know who's into guns anyway!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
I'd be totally fine with this thread being used for that too  :thumbs: 

Oh, and I got the official word from the mods that we can't sell firearms on Marlin, but I'm pretty sure we all know who's into guns anyway!

Damn, now what the hell am I supposed to do with that shipload of illegal arms from Columbia now? ???
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 743
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
 :rofl:

can wait till duck hunting...blinds almost ready to go and imm ready as well
JUST ANOTHER ROCK CRAWLER....
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
so since this is the hunting thread would anyone be intrested in getting together for some hunting or fishing??? im down for anything!
Hey im up for hunting anytime... Did anyone kill any good a zone bucks around SLO town??????
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
Just got my A zone buck yesterday morning, soo stoked to be out of my small buck spell ive been stuck in
5 x 3 if you count eye guards---

How I found him-

Trying out the timer on my new camera

Wheeled the 4runner out as close as I could and loaded it up-

all skinned and hangin

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
wow thats a hellof a buck! good job where abouts did yaa get him. public land???

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
I got him on my private property outside of willits along the eel river where A and B zones are split

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Nice... Was he pretty rutted up?

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Very nice buck!   :thumbs:  And no, I do not count eyeguards -- that seems to be an Eastern thing... 
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
no i dont think he was rutted up since its been in the 100's all week and ive never seen a rutting buck in the a zone anyway

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
i wish i had a rifle and a place to go bag a deer or bear... maybe next year

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Congrats Pat, that's a really nice buck  :thumbs:  Did you find out what he weighs hanging?  How much fat did this one have on him?  I'm mostly going out for pigeon and grouse tomorrow, but the rifle will be laying on the seat ready to go just incase!

And no, I do not count eyeguards -- that seems to be an Eastern thing... 

I do and I don't.  I'll usually say something like a 4 point with eye guards, or a 5 point if you count the eye guards.  Either way, there's a lot of meat on that thing and you'll have a nice rack to show for it when it's gone too! 

I don't think I've ever taken a pic of the rack from the only buck I've ever shot, but for a first buck I was pretty happy, and with it sitting on top of my rollaway just inside my front door I sometimes look over at it and smile.  That was a neat day, and a day I HAD to pass on the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life because I was pretty sure this guy was laying dead a couple hundred yards away and my friend had already shot twice at deer.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Congrats Pat, that's a really nice buck  :thumbs:  Did you find out what he weighs hanging?  How much fat did this one have on him?  I'm mostly going out for pigeon and grouse tomorrow, but the rifle will be laying on the seat ready to go just incase!

I do and I don't.  I'll usually say something like a 4 point with eye guards, or a 5 point if you count the eye guards.  Either way, there's a lot of meat on that thing and you'll have a nice rack to show for it when it's gone too! 

I don't think I've ever taken a pic of the rack from the only buck I've ever shot, but for a first buck I was pretty happy, and with it sitting on top of my rollaway just inside my front door I sometimes look over at it and smile.  That was a neat day, and a day I HAD to pass on the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life because I was pretty sure this guy was laying dead a couple hundred yards away and my friend had already shot twice at deer.
hunting with the BLF again, nate? :talkingn:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
i wish i had a rifle and a place to go bag a deer or bear... maybe next year

What kind of rifle would you like to have?  I'm quite partial to my old remington 788 rifles, but even if you find one that's kinda beat up it'll probably run you around $300 since they have somewhat of a cult following.  I also have a sporterized mauser m96 that's in exceptional shape (too nice to take out shooting) for being probably around 70 years old or more.  At a glance you could easily mistake it for a modern rifle.  I may even have a pic or two of it  :bolt:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
BrainLessFool...don't you know that story?   you said
I was pretty sure this guy was laying dead a couple hundred yards away and my friend had already shot twice at deer.

Jaysen

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 773
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
Nice..I'll be heading out tomorrow morning @4 am..Up to Shaver Lake area..
95 22RE. Toyota Ext.Cab SAS. Dual Case.
1988 Honda Civic 4dr lx,
2007 Honda Ruckus scooter

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Here's the mauser...
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Here's the mauser...
I thought I told you to stop posting pics of that so I'm not tempted to buy the damn thing. :maddest:

my offer does stand. $100 and you have to deliver it in person. :gap:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
BrainLessFool...don't you know that story? 

No, please do tell...

My story goes like this:  We scoped out the valley below and saw/heard nothing at first, but after a few minutes we kept hearing something a ways below.  We both had the same idea at the same time to separate a little bit so we could see most of the area below, sit on the hillside and just hang out for about 15 minutes. 

Soon as we separated I saw him looking intently at something, scoot quickly down to a spot he could rest the gun then BANG!  He says ":pokinit:.. :pokinit:.... :pokinit:!", I try but can't see what he sees then BANG! he shoots again.  Quite a few more explatives spew from his mouth and I finally ask "what the hell are you shooting at, I don't see a thing?!  He said he saw a decent little buck (our standards are different!), shot at it and knew he missed, then saw another one, shot at it and again was pretty sure he missed.  He, like many hunters, gets buck fever when he sees one and starts shaking.  I'd always figured, but that day I found out for sure that I don't get buck fever until AFTER I shoot.

Anyway, I spot a nice 3 point walking around below and just keep an eye on him while he's mostly blocked by brush.  After 10 or 15 minutes he finally moves into the open about 200-225 yards away and I squeezed off a shot.  They'd been logging that area 2 days prior, which is how we got the tip, so when I shot there was instantly a huge plume of dust and I couldn't tell if my deer went down.  I kept looking all around to see if he was walking or running away, and that's when I got the fever.  I started shaking pretty bad, which I figured meant I knew I'd hit it.  Funny thing was, my friend said he was putting his finger on the trigger and was about to shoot too  :haha:

We figured we'd sit there for a little while and wait for things to settle before we went down the hill to check on things, and shortly thereafter we saw the monster buck offering a perfect broadside at about 300 yards.  I had a perfect rest and was holding dead steady on him, but my friend said "Don't do it.  We've shot 3 times total and only have 1 tag each... we don't know how many deer are dead down there".  Good logic, and though neither of us thought he'd hit either deer I thought it best not to push our luck.  That big buck just stood there taunting us for what seemed like an eternity, and eventually my friend said "aww flopp it, I'm gonna shoot him anyway", and just as he came over to my spot the buck moved into the brush. 

He missed both deer, I hit mine and was glad he missed.  It was a huge pita to drag it up the freshly cut skid-trail!!
RIP KYOTA

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
maybe an .06 or a 30-30

its been a while since ive been into guns and shooting, to many other things got in the way and not being 18 so i couldnt buy didnt help either... but im getting back into hunting and guns more an more... i need to do my HW and get caught back up with the times

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I thought I told you to stop posting pics of that so I'm not tempted to buy the damn thing. :maddest:

my offer does stand. $100 and you have to deliver it in person. :gap:

:spit:  for $100 I'll drive down the 3 empty pizza boxes  :haha:

I'M NOT TRYING TO SELL THAT OR ANY GUN!!
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Oh I thought you meant an actual dead GUY down there.  

Brainless was duck hunting with a buddy of his and shot him in the head.   He survived, and I quote: "I didn't hit anything vital".  BLF was later the best man at his wedding. :rofl:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Nice..I'll be heading out tomorrow morning @4 am..Up to Shaver Lake area..

Good luck man  :thumbs:  I'm not exactly stoked to go out, but from the way the weather's been we may actually get rain this year... and the 4by might actually be running soon too! 
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile

Brainless was duck hunting with a buddy of his and shot him in the head.   He survived, and I quote: "I didn't hit anything vital".  BLF was later the best man at his wedding. :rofl:

:rofl2:  that's hilarious  :haha:  No dead guy here, but a non-english speaking (mexican) guy did shoot a spike  :shake:  right by us, then followed it PAST us with his gun drawn while we were dragging my deer to the hill, then shot it again.  We dropped my deer and ran out of the way, then he shot it again despite blood pumping out it's side.  I will say, I've never seen a deer gutted so damn fast!
RIP KYOTA

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
didnt weigh him, he wasnt the biggest bodied buck really but he had alot of fat

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar

I told him if he did not make me best man I'd finsh the job!  :therethere:

and saved him $$ on not having to have some one poke him a hole for his ear ring.  :thumbs:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
I'm heading up around 4 in the morning for the last day of A zone. If I don't tag out, I'll shoot a hog. I've seen doe's and spikes and lotsa hogs, but no big bucks  :rivers:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Just take a couple of hogs and give the deer a miss!  :yesnod:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg: