Author Topic: ROAD TRIP!!!!  (Read 2653 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
ROAD TRIP!!!!
« on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »
We are about 10 minutes away from heading out for our vacation.   :willynilly:

We are leaving for Yellowstone for five nights.  And then down south through Reno to Fresno for a couple days.  And then back to Oregon.  So, please pray that we have good travel and safe passage on our vacation.  And hopefully that when we are at Yellowstone, that the super volcano that it is, doesn't blow up and vaporize us!!  :rofl2:  :crossed:  

And you guys at the shop look out, I'm gonna invade you and see what parts I really need to buy!!  :yupyup:

Later for now, Ryan Zwald  aka "Cheesemaker"

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

YotaNate

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 276
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »
Have fun and please be safe! :woohoo:

:driving:

Nate
"A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper asked.  What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
woo woo, safe travels cheese
1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:18:23 PM »
And hopefully that when we are at Yellowstone, that the super volcano that it is, doesn't blow up and vaporize us!!  :rofl2:  :crossed:  

It would be quicker the 2/3 of the United States choking on the ash and causing the earth to go into a global nuclear winter and kill 90% of its population.  (Thank you Discovery Channel for giving me a new worst case disaster scenario)

Anyways, be safe and bring me back some fireworks from Reno.  :shhh: :thumbs:  :driving:
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »
have fun cheese.  i just got back from there three days ago.   seen that and rushmore.   very sweet places to check out.
i love oregon wheelin.

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
take pictures Cheesey, I live vicariously through you!!!!    :D   ;)
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
take pictures Cheesey, I live vicariously through you!!!!    :D   ;)

X2

Did you get bored of the Kilchis? :dunno:
1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
Look forward to your visit Ryan. Hopefully this time I'll be able to shake your hand.  :gap:
"between projects"

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
Well, finally got some time on the computer to give yall a update. 

Well, we did over 3500 miles on our van.  And had a wonderful time.  I didn't want to leave West Yellowstone, MT.  It was a busy little town, and I would love to see what it looks likes in the winter time.  There were snowmobiles everywhere.  Including a fleet of tour bus' that were set up with tracks.  Those bolt on ones you see that replace wheels/tires.  No pictures, but I got over 1000 pictures from my trip.  I've got some photo stuff to do, since all the photos were taken in RAW format, and Photobucket isn't recognizing pictures in RAW.  And after getting my camera sensor cleaned, it still ended up with spots on the sensor.   :maddest: :tantrum:  That is the biggest thing I HATE about my camera.  But it takes really incredible pictures.  So, I got some computer time ahead of me to straighten out the pictures.  Not looking forward to that.

Well, our trip left Tillamook, and we continued up the Columbia Gorge into La Grande and stayed the night.  And then continued on to West Yellowstone, MT.  And we stayed at a house we rented.  It was cheaper in the long run vs. a motel.  Here is the house in the link.  http://www.llwesternadventures.com/  We were 5 minutes from the Park entrance.  We spent 4 days in Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons, and then headed south for Fresno, CA.  That was a long day.  Over 1000 miles through northern Nevada, and I did a shoutout for Blackdog when I went through Sparks/Reno.  And two days in the pool in Fresno, except when I went to my favorite Gift shop, MarlinCrawler!!  Where I got a very warm welcome from the office guys, and then came Dave, Marlin, Christine, and Mike.  Marlin gave his so called last bag of Sweetheart Snacks.   :clap:  They are very yummy.  And then Dave and I went into the shop and talked for hours, over everything.  And he showed me some really cool parts that are beef.  And then I picked up a twin stick for my truck.  I would have gotten more, but my budget was getting thin at this point.  As I still had to hit up the liquor store.  And then home. 

It was an incredible vacation.  I could have spendt a month in Yellowstone alone.  And if I were to move to Fresno, I'd be beating down Marlin's door for a job with them.  They make you feel very comfortable and welcome in their store. 

Well, till a get more time photo editing, here are a few teaser shots of my trip.  I told Mike I maybe sucking up the forums bandwidth with all my pictures, and he challenged me to go for it.   :willynilly:

Multnomah Falls

The walkway to the falls that goes under the Freeway!  I love the reflections.  This will go into the photo post too!

Old Faithful, was cool until I saw Castle Geyser the following day, way cooler. 

Mammoth hot springs, very cool place, in a small area.

A part of the Prismatic Geyser   

Black Hole Geyser, used to be black when it was very active, but now it has awesome color to it.

And the first hot spring geyser I came across in the park
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen