Author Topic: Were should I go for a one day road trip in Nor Cal?  (Read 2510 times)

82rustbeast

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 318
  • Male Posts: 500
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Were should I go for a one day road trip in Nor Cal?
« on: Oct 29, 2008, 11:52:30 PM »
Well next weekend my girlfriend are celebrating our 6 months together. I live in sac and go to UTI so I can only go home and see her every so often. So her and I are going to take a one day road trip somewhere. Either east or west. Not north or south.

Were starting in Willows, Ca, really close to Chico, so I was thinking like lake Almanor to the east or Fort Bragg to the west.

SO mountains or beach.  ??? ??? ???. I really dont know. What do you guys think? Any other ideas. Only east or west.  It would be nice to maybe hit some easy trails a hair bit as Ill be in my stock 87 4runner on 30 BFG A/T's.

IDEAS??????????????????

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
check the weather reports, its been kinda janky here lately.... major fog at night and morning
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

82rustbeast [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Where you at Jimbo?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Where you at Jimbo?

from the north bay area down to central cal
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

82rustbeast [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
So like near fort bragg? Ive been up to almanor, but not bragg, or that area. Were kinda hoping itll be rainig or snowing wherever we go.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Hes not near fort bragg at all... Dont go by the bay area weather.

Its cold as balls up in the mtns in that area. I was at my cabin (20 miles from Lake Almanor) and it was in the high fortys during the day. IT was not a pleasant cold either.

Id say the coast.... Its always cold there but you cant beat some ocean air and even if it is foggy, oh well, its still cool there
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
cruise through nevada city, stop there and eat and visit all the cute little stores the chicks like so much, then cruise up thru sierra city and downieville,
both have some litlle tourist stops

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
check the weather reports, its been kinda janky here lately.... major fog at night and morning

:headscratch:  what does the weather there have to do with the weather 3 hours north of you? 

:dunno: I'd go either way.  I'd prolly hit the ocean now, and save the mountains for when the snow comes. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent