Author Topic: TG question  (Read 8797 times)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: TG question
« Reply #60 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
My rear axle bearings and knuckles service kit was junk. But that was 2 years ago.
not to mention the "Made in Taiwan" seals and paper gaskets not punched with the right size holes :shake:

I sure wish marlins prices would come down and then offer the same qty of cool items on the solid axle swap that trail gear offers... (such as knuckle service kit, wheel bearing kit, axle truss and armor, greasable shackle bolts)..... then saving $450 on top of that... makes it hard to justify not getting it through trailgear..  and yes I have read the arguments and have also spoken to people who run trail gear on there vehicles now.. and with people I talk to locally that are happy with their products just about makes it worth the risk of getting their products and running them...
every bearing, seal and/or shim from Marlin is KOYO or Genuine Toyota,   you cant say that about TG, ive got the boxes with no writing on them or a number in my shop because a young friend bought a second hand knuckle rebuild kit without thinking to ask what brand.

You get what you pay for.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »
Fine.. bag the bearings and service kit...  you still get diff armor and 450 cheaper.. all I'm saying is that when money is tight its very appealing.

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #62 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
I sure wish marlins prices would come down and then offer the same qty of cool items on the solid axle swap that trail gear offers... (such as knuckle service kit, wheel bearing kit, axle truss and armor, greasable shackle bolts)..... then saving $450 on top of that... makes it hard to justify not getting it through trailgear..  and yes I have read the arguments and have also spoken to people who run trail gear on there vehicles now.. and with people I talk to locally that are happy with their products just about makes it worth the risk of getting their products and running them...
so you think marlin should sell quality, made in America parts for the same price that TG sells their outsourced knockoff parts?  ya that would be pretty cool,

maybe sears will start selling craftsmen tools for the same price harbor freight sells their pittsburgh junk for.

look at a pair of marlins high steer arms next to some of those TQ arms and tell me you dont see a difference in size and quality.

their is a difference between craftsmanship and cargo ship and that is where that extra money goes,  not too hard of a choice for me

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
so you think marlin should sell quality, made in America parts for the same price that TG sells their outsourced knockoff parts?  ya that would be pretty cool,

maybe sears will start selling craftsmen tools for the same price harbor freight sells their pittsburgh junk for.

look at a pair of marlins high steer arms next to some of those TQ arms and tell me you dont see a difference in size and quality.

their is a difference between craftsmanship and cargo ship and that is where that extra money goes,  not too hard of a choice for me

I'm not against Marlin by any means.. in fact I have spent plenty of $$ on Marlin products and have never bought TG... But sometimes companies need to run some deals to stay competitive.. and its hard to argue with people who have had success running TG for sometime now...

DoveGray85

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Apr 03, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »
Last Spring, I tried and tried to buy a Marlin axle rebuild kit with wheel bearings. They kept saying the parts were on the ship or something like that. I ended up buying the Trail Gear kit, simply because of the availability. So far so good...

Now, I'm looking to buy a dual adapter. I would like to buy Marlin, but if they say that there is gonna be a long wait, I may go with Trail Gear.

Isn't the MC07 made by Advanced Adapter?  What about the MC08? 

85runner530

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Apr 03, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »
I like Marlin for his adapters and simular items were no one can touch his quality  :turtle: I think that where trailgear is making a good impact is it's availability through local businesses and their link kits, alternator kit and tcase/ motor mounts. In the end all the companies have a lot to offer, I think it is a matter of weighing what unique qualities of the different products from each company and choosing from there.

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Apr 03, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »
Last Spring, I tried and tried to buy a Marlin axle rebuild kit with wheel bearings. They kept saying the parts were on the ship or something like that. I ended up buying the Trail Gear kit, simply because of the availability. So far so good...

Now, I'm looking to buy a dual adapter. I would like to buy Marlin, but if they say that there is gonna be a long wait, I may go with Trail Gear.

Isn't the MC07 made by Advanced Adapter?  What about the MC08? 

Advanced adapters hasnt made Marlins adapters for a very long time to the best of my knowledge.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
There is a difference between craftsmanship and cargo ship and that is where that extra money goes.

That is a great quote right there.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting