Author Topic: Let's See Your Tow Rig  (Read 298748 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: Let's See Your Tow Rig
« Reply #540 on: Oct 23, 2010, 02:07:13 AM »
This was my old tow rig. The Rambus. Drove this thing through high school and then used it to tow my boat I used to have. It was technically my dad's, but I did all the work on it and was pretty much the only one that drove it in the last 5 or 6 years we had it. Old man blew the motor (had over 300,000 miles and he tried to drive it home with a blown radiator hose) and sold it before I could come up with the money to buy it from him. Miss this thing. Nothing fancy, just a 1990 Burban with a 350. Until my dad fried the engine, it had ZERO problems since my parents bought it brand new in 1989. I blew up the rear end in high school doing a burnout on pavement  :shhh: and other than regular maintenance, this thing would have gone way over 400,000 miles. Loved that truck. I was super bummed when I found out he had sold it behind my back. Saw it driving around with a new engine a couple weeks later... made me  :mad:

Plan to get another 90 some day and build it into a mild camping/tow rig with a Cummins. Going to paint it the same two tone colors.

I remember this bad boy. You had a thread for it and everything! Every time I see a 'burban with that color scheme, I think about the one you had briefly. I also remember when you posted he sold it out from under you. Not a fun day man :down: