Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 145786 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Nice, congrats on getting it running.  I'd like to know what you think of the 3RZ after driving it.  I know an engine swap is in my future but am trying to decide on a 3RZ or 5VZ.

So far i love it. I have run in to one issue tho. My truck was a carbed truck before the swap and in my mess of gas tanks and pumps i found the best way to make it run was use a CIS fuel pump in my race car as an inline pump. This pump is high pressure and what i found last night much higher pressure then the stock 3rz pump. the truck doesnt like to sit at idle so it purges and sputters out. I thought with a regulator on the rail the unused fuel would just run back to the tank but its flooding out and wanting to die. Driving in traffic where the rpm's are up higher its fine and runs good but if i sit at a stop light a while it wants to shut off. Im going to either get a better inline pump or find a way to kill some of the pressure.

Over all driving impressions over the 22r/re's i had....The 3rz is way more powerful and the truck feels like it has power. My longest drive was open header and it had power but i was trying to keep it quiet cause i hate the noise but now i have half the exhaust on(cat to mid muffler and out to where the big muffler will go) and its 100X better the truck has response, it feels like if you were to put your foot down it would get out of its own way and even with the short exhaust on it the truck is not all that loud. I can hear the intake over it already and using a 2.5 pipe and an 18inch bullet style muffler it sounds nice. Im using another borla muffler at the back to keep the noise down even more.

Lookin good!! Cant wait to see some more videos!

I might need a few 3rz parts for my swap, ill be in ft collins in a few weeks too  :beerchug:

I will have to get some vids. I have taken a few pics and even gave her the first bath yesterday so i took a few more pics. I will get em up asap...free time is a thing of the past anymore with work,the truck, helping out at my buddys shop, looking for a house.

If your in FtCollins give me a ring you can come check out the truck in person and i can set you up on some 3rz stuff. We have 3 full swaps sitting in the shop.

Russell
seven two zero three two nine six three zero one
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0