Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31055 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #210 on: Sep 12, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »
Not really.  I too am kind of confused by the relationship between the two?  :dunno:

Two sepearate thoughts.

Today at church the pastor mentioned a text that reminded me of some of our discussion and none of us had come up with the specific text.

In past discussion the thought that certain actions can be wrong/sin for one person but not someone else.  I THINK it was Chim that didn't agree with this idea.

In any case, James 4:17 says, "Therefore, to him who know to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."

The text only specifically covers one side of the arguement, that we are responsible to do what we know is right, but I think it isn't a stretch to understand from the text that we are not held responsible for things we don't understand, don't know, or have not been convicted to do.

On a different subject, also from the sermon today, did you know that when David "stole" Bathsheba and had her husband killed he nearly had a Uzza experience?  The punishment for his sin was losing four of his sons, but the Lord very nearly killed him on the spot.

2 Samuel 12:13-14 "So David said to Nathan, 'I have sinned against the Lord."  And Nathan said to David, 'The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.'"

We know that David did die eventually and is one of the great men in the Bible, but it appears that if he hadn't repented of that particulal it may have been the end of David.

I thought it was an interesting perspective.  What do you think?     

Key words in RED.

:thumbs:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved