Author Topic: BLINGER MORE FAB COMING SOON !!! (dont try this at home)  (Read 90294 times)

crawlerdan

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
there are alot of people on this and other boards that have used this steel.  I know of 2 people right off hand that I dont want to say who they are because I dont want people to give them crap, have made a cage out of it, and it worked just fine. 
matt and justina-

ive pretty much supported all the weird you guys are doing...cause thats what we do when we dont roll in money all day.

but ive pretty much kept quiet about my experiances with poo pipe

Justina has seen pictures of my 85-and im sure she can attest to the fact that i wheeled the snot out of it

but what most people dont know is that i used over 100 feet of galvanized pipe to make my exo

i ground off the coating before welding like everyone has mentioned.

but i got crap from the "pros" for a long time.

i wheeled with the pirates down in johnson vally and they gave me crap the whole time, i rolled the truck twice, lightly, and everything held-but i still got crap.

until day three when i lost control and rolled the truck 7 times end over end.

when the dust cleared my front axle was gone, but the cage was fine minus a ding in pipe about 3 inches long that did not push through

they all shut up after i walked away from that one

so the moral is=

are you using the best pipe? no

but overbuilding and welding with quality welds is a good way to insure it will hold,
the fact that i am alive after that roll is proof that the cage, properly built, can hold when built with poo pipe.

so enjoy the hobby you two! Lord knows yall are working at it twice as hard as half the people on this forum.