Author Topic: i dont know why i have to say this  (Read 4234 times)

redroller

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i dont know why i have to say this
« on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:08:06 PM »
how many of you know 83yota? well i would like to let you all know a little secret.83yoat is upset with this forum. he has started many threads trying to get info and they die within the frist few posts. he did not want me to do this but as a new guy myself i did not want him to sell his toy that he has grown so fond of just because he cannot get any good tech help. dont get me wrong, there are a few of you out there that have given him a little help but i know for a fact there is one question he has been asking for over a week and NO ONE has even gave him any help. i dont mean to try to bring this forum down but i love my toy and 83 is the only guy willing to drive 108 miles just to help me fix a drive line prob and never ask for anything in return. now i ask everyone in this forum to ask yourself "would i drive over 100 mi just to help a guy out and not even ask for a beer?" sorry for this but i think it needed to be said. and sorry J.B. i know you did not want me to say anything but i dont want you to sell both your yotas.

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: i dont know why i have to say this
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:10:21 PM »
please excuse him i was just venting dont mind him :smack:
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8421
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:19:53 PM »
What question didn't get answered?
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

dirtbag

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 841
  • Male Posts: 1,303
  • Member since Jun '04
  • flexes like dried doo-doo
    • View Profile
    • I am hot, huh?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:20:57 PM »
I really can't help, since I don't even own a Yota ( YET!!! )

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:23:04 PM »
this doesnt sound right. repost your question and im sure it will get answered. this forum has been nothing but a free mechanic for me
Im an OG

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:23:12 PM »
like i said dont listen to him. but the question he is refering to is the one in help my project (what trans can i put behind my 5.0 and do i can i use my stock case)
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

dirtbag

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 841
  • Male Posts: 1,303
  • Member since Jun '04
  • flexes like dried doo-doo
    • View Profile
    • I am hot, huh?
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:24:41 PM »
like i said dont listen to him. but the question he is refering to is the one in help my project (what trans can i put behind my 5.0 and do i can i use my stock case)
anything can be put behind anything with the right adaptor....

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:29:35 PM »
theres the problem your talking about ford product
Im an OG

81Toy4x

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:56:13 PM »
Yeah dude sorry, but I don't know anything about Ford stuff except for a few motors.  My best guess would be downey because they are the only people that make adapters to mate other motors to Toyota drivetrains.  But I just checked and they only make adapters to mate Chevy motors to Toyota trannies.  If I knew the answer, I'd help ya out, but I just don't.  That's probably the deal with most of these guys.  I do hope you find your answer though.  You get a point for bein' such a great guy, not many people would travel 100 miles and help someone, especially not expecting anything in return. 

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8421
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2004, 11:00:50 PM »
Try Advanced Adapters online catalog: http://www.advanceadapters.com/catalog/t1.html

I didn't see anything just browsing.
Unfortunately the only other source I know of is Northwest Offroad Specialities
They sell a Ford 302 bellhousing to the Toyota transmission replacing the Toyota bellhousing.
They also sell the 164 tooth flywheel & a dual sump oil pan for that application.

All I could find.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2004, 01:04:57 AM »
Hey Im sorry that you feel that way 83 but I thought that Brandon had taken care of your questions on the trans swap.  The last post I read of your did contain a question on what trans you were gonna use but it didnt send up any red flags, sorry for that.  Next time something like that happens keep it at the top.  Dont let it slide make everyone know what it is that you want when you want it.  If you dont it will go unanswered.

Now on to your origional question.  Basically you can use just about any trans that has ever been sold by the big 3, Chevy, Dodge and Ford.  Hell you could even use International if you really wanted to.  I believe that Brandon uses a T-18 4 speed.  That is a very good and strong 4 speed with a good granny 1st.  I believe the ratio in first is a hair over 6 1/2:1,  not too bad at all!  I would not waste my time using a car style T-5 as it has about a 3 1/2:1 first and it is not durable enough for a crawler application.  Myself I would use a T-18 as it is a very good trans and they are pretty plentiful as well. 

Now if you have any other questions PM me or others, as Im sure that everyone will give you any help that they can.  As everyone knows its not getting any smarter out there so we need to help each other as much as possible.

I hope this help you on your quest.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »
i do thank you all for all your help. but like i said it just one late night and i was not really upset i just said that i could not the answer i was looking for. but as far as the 100 mi thing i dont mind i enjoy driving. i get to break in my blazer that way. points all around

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2004, 03:39:42 PM »
Well I feel bad for letting this slide , I no the post you are talking about and thought that Brandon was going to handle it. The only trannys I know are the auto C-4 and C-6 which is hard to find for a small block. And the car T-5. But I'm gonna start paying attention cause this is something that I am looking at doing in the future. And you got a good friend to stand up and say something  :thumbs:
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:07:22 PM »
thank you. i got ahol of advance adapters. i talked with a guy named steve there.he recomends the t-18 due to the about 6.5-1 gear ratio in granny. but if you are looking for other options let me know i will post more in my build up. :beer: