Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 252330 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #510 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »
   I haven't posted in a while, since last week in fact.  I too have now suffered the loss of my older brother Harold on July 27. 
   He suffered a massive stroke on his way home from Bible study and someone behind him thought he may have been a drunk driver. He somehow managed to park  his car and bumped a parked vehicle in the process. The driver behind him reported this to the police and when the police arrived they knew he was in trouble. He was immediately taken to Washington hospital in Fremont where he died that night.
   They tried to stabilize him and were unable to get an airway to him via tracheotomy then shortly after suffered a heart attack which he was unable to survive. He was also a diabetic which may have complicated matters I'm sure. He'd been struggling with this advanced stage of diabetes for 30 years since he was 11 years old.
   Sadly but unselfishlessly he is gone and no longer has this affliction to bother him or worry us. The services were yesterday and everything was as good as it could be.  He was 41 years old. I am thankful, however for all the support and contributions from his church which have been a tremendous help. More than we can begin to thank them for.
   My only thought of relief is that some one saw him when this happened and he was taken to the hospital whereafter contacting my mom and my sister they were able to see him before his passing to comfort him so he didn't have to do this alone. Otherwise, who knows how long he may have suffered in his car that night just waiting to die with no one knowing.
   I do feel better being able to share this with you. Thanks for the ears...err.....eyes?

Sometimes getting it out, whether it's just typing it or saying it, helps.  Losing a brother is tough, and I feel your pain.  It's great that his church has been so supportive and a blessing that your mom and sister got to talk to him.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  Hang in there :therethere:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -