Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31106 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #180 on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:58:36 AM »
I fully agree with blackdiamond. You should make it very clear that you accept him as a friend. But as a friend you should also make it known that you do not approve of something when it comes up. Be ready to forgive and be ready to give. Always show kindness. Eventually, the door will open.

Quick Question BD, Do you have a concordance? If so can you tell be the first reference in the OT of "Sabbath"? I just did a quick scan (don't have a concordance) and the first reference I saw was the 10C's. Genesis was just "on the (  :smack: sixth  typo!) seventh day...". If that is the case, the 10 commandments were the origin of Jewish Law. It was the Jewish Law that placed the restrictions about what you couldn't do that day. The Sabbath was commanded to be a day of rest. No one was allowed to do any work: wife, children, servants. You were also forbidden to cause anyone else to work on that day. This included any work. harvesting, cleaning, cooking, serving(by servants). As a correlation to today, you would not be allowed to buy merchandise at a store on Saturday, becuase that would be requiring someone to work providing service to you. And by requiring the service,you would be guilty of breaking the sabbath.

I have got to get some sleep tonight.  :yawn: Y'all have gotten me interested in this and i stayed up too late again.  :goodnight:
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2007, 06:15:57 PM by tonkatoy6497 »
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491