Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31109 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #180 on: Jul 21, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »
answer your question with a question?

In the OT, The Sabbath was the time when believers gathered to offer sacrifices for breaking the jewish laws and worship God. In the OT, it was a "pay as you go" system. For a law that was broken, there was a certain sacrifice made. At the Crucifiction, Jesus became the sacrifice for ALL transgressions; past,present and future. Now, we have to do nothing but claim that sacrifice as our own. And we can do that any day of the week and any hour of the day, no matter what we are doing. So The only other thing the Sabbath was set aside for, is worship.

When we are saved, we confirm our belief in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. The next step is to start putting Him first in our lives. (memory quote??) "In all that ye do, do it as unto me." Is this not worship? Your neighbor has a project at his home and you see that he could use your help, expertise, or equipment. When you provide for his need, are you not witnessing for Him? When you hear of a family or individual who have a need that you anonymously provide for, is this not charity.  If they are, then you have worshipped. Does this mean that you can only do this on Saturday? A weekly gathering of believers is for the strengthening of the faith of the believers, a time of praise to god, and a time to come together to join as one to present requests to god in prayer ( for the sick, needy...). The current "church service" is as much for the congregation as it is for God. Our whole life as a Christian should be one long worship. This is the meaning of the NT commandments: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart... soul... mind... strength, and your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."Mark 12:30, 31. Living your life doing your best to let God show through you to others is the best way to worship Him.

I just want to point out though, I believe that there is nothing wrong with gathering together for worship on Saturday. And also nothing wrong with doing it any other day of the week. And I hold no ill will to anyone who chooses to worship on any particular day. I just hope I do not seem too argumentitive. I'm not trying to be. If I am, then  :flamed: me.

And I also have a little thought jerking question to ask later to keep this going after we exhaust this one...
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2007, 11:02:47 PM by tonkatoy6497 »
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491