Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31094 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #180 on: Jul 20, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
In Genisis2:16,17, God said that Adam "must not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you will surely die."(NIV) In v. 25 it states "The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame." Kinda like a 3 y/o after a bath. When Eve was tempted and ate of the tree, and Adam did the same, "their eyes were opened." They saw their nakedness and hid themselves. The death referred to in the restriction from eating the fruit is a spiritual death; I believe, it is the death of our innocence. Obviously it is not a physical death because mankind is still here. As we grow, we learn. A newborn baby does not know right from wrong. It is learned as the person grows. We are individuals, and as such, we grow and learn different things at different times. At the moment we realize that something is right or wrong, that is the time that we are accountable for our choices.

Now, to make this clear, to let you know where I am coming from, I do consume alcohol from time to time. Haven't for almost a year, but I do not believe that I am sinning by doing so. (Romans 2) But, at the same time, I believe that it would be wrong for me to go out and tie one on and get sloppy drunk! It is not my place to define anything that anyone else does as sin. Only by reading and studying the Bible, which is the sole basis for my faith, and through thoughtful discussions with others, and weighing that with the Bible, can I learn and grow in my faith. If, in my studies, God opens my eyes to the point that I believe that I must stop, then to continue would be sin. Man cannot judge that. That is between that person and God. Think of this comparison: a police officer shoots and kills a person who has just murdered someone else. a pro-life fanatic kills a doctor for performing abortions. Is one right and one wrong in God's eyes? both have killed one who has murdered. Man's law says that the officer is justified and that the other is not. But sin can only be judged by God. I do not believe that I, as an imperfect sinfully natured man, have the power or right to judge anyone else for anything. But in the enforcement of man's law, I could be required to judge someone according to it(man's law). In that instance, I would have to judge the way I said above depending on the circumstances and evidence presented in court. But that does not determine spiritual guilt or innocence.

ok. i'll give someone else a chance to speak. :outtahere:
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491