Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31117 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »
i'm sorry for the length of the post, I don't know how to shorten it anymore.

The things in quotes are from the book “More Increadible Answers to Prayer” by Roger Morneau who also wrote “Trip into the Supernatural” which is about his experience being involved in spirit worship.  He has an amazing story.

“According to Mrs. Doherty, when her daughter commands in the name of Jesus for the spirits to leave her, they laugh and say that there is no way she can make them go away.”

“First, let me draw your attention to the fact that some of those who will find themselves among the wicked…will have had active careers of casting demons out of people.  Listen to the words of Jesus:”

Mat 7:22-23  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  (23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Deu 18:10-12  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,  (11)  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.  (12)  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

“During my affiliation with demon worshipers I was amazed to discover that they classified spirits into three distinct groups.  The ‘friendly’ spirits were those who specialized in deceiving people.  Lying spirits, they love to appear as the supposed spirits of the dead.”

“The other two groups they named were the ‘warriors’ and the ‘oppressors.’  The ‘warriors,’ they said, concentrate on causing discord in families, hatred among classes of society, and outright wars among nations.  The last group, the ‘oppressors,’ find their greatest delight in inflicting misery and destruction on people.”

“Besides God’s express command not to converse with spirits, there is still another reason we should avoid dealings with deliverance ministries.  To rebuke spirits as such people do is to take onto oneself a divine attribute.  Those who practice deliverance ministries are actually putting themselves in the role of God Himself.  Only God has the right or power to rebuke demons.”

“Let me explain by sharing with you a few passages of Scripture.  If you go to a concordance and look up the use of the word ‘rebuke’ in the Old Testament, you will notice an interesting thing: God is the one who does the rebuking.  Often He rebukes the sea, an Old Testament symbol of the evil or anything else that opposes God.”

Psa 18:15,  Psa 104:5-7,  Psa 106:9,  Isa 50:2,  Nah 1:3-4 

Mat 8:23-27  And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him,  (24)  And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.  (25)  And his disciples came to him and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.  (26)  And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.  (27)  But the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

“After Jesus rebuked the stormy Sea of Galilee, they exclaim to each other, ‘What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!’  Because they were steeped in Scripture, they sensed that Jesus had done something that only the Lord God Himself could and had the right to do.”

“But besides rebuking the sea as a symbol of evil, God in the Bible rebukes something else: Satan and those forces the devil employs against God and His people.”

Zec 3:1-2,  Psa 76:9-12,  Isa 17:13,  Mar 1:21-27,  Mar 8:33 

“What does this mean?  Jesus has the right to rebuke demons and the forces of evil.  It is His divine attribute.  The disciples cast out demons because Jesus had commissioned them to do so for a time.  But to take the attribute upon ourselves is to put ourselves in the place of God.”

Now compare this verse to the story at the beginning of this post.

Act 19:13-16  Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.  (14)  And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.  (15)  And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?  (16)  And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

I wish he would have provided some specific evidence to support his belief that the disciples were commissioned temporarily in a different way than the average Christian.  There is evidence, that the spirits recognized them over others.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved