Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31102 times)

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« on: Sep 21, 2006, 12:37:42 PM »

Which brings up the question...what is a true Christian? With as many sects and denominations, who is right? Within Christianity there are at least a couple of dozen different view points. All of them can't be right or they'd be the same denomination.

Is following a certain church’s doctrine necessary? Or is it more important to have a relationship with God on a one to one basis? I have major problems with “organized” religion. My relationship with God is just that…mine. Through out the history of the church, it seems to me that it has been more of a political, cultural organization than one that fosters and nurtures people along the road.

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in but...

My thoughts exactly.  I've been to a few churches in my area, through junior high and high school as a friend's family searched for a church, as well as with my mother and sister.  But althroughout, no matter where I went I kept it as that personal relationship between me and God.

Also everywhere I went I saw the politics, and conflict within that church itself. The gossip, the divisions... :psss:  I think a lot of the children understand better than the adults.

(1) I believe they do exist, wether or not they're personal beings or flesh and blood  :dunno:

(2) A lot of things can influence people, so I guess i'd go with yes. Wether or not you take and run with it is up to the person themself

(3) Not so sure about the possessing someone, guess that would go back to the devil in personal form. I'd go more along the lines of consuming a life & soul.

(4)   :headscratch: Not to clear on this kind of thing, i've heard stories of people working to cast out demons, but the person was always praying that God would cast out the demon, not the person demanding the demon to leave as if it was by their own means...  :dunno:

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 01:00:11 PM by Talon84x4 »
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers