Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31083 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »
Satan was/is cherubim I don’t know whether or not they are flesh and blood or if they can “take on” other forms. My gut feeling is that evil is more spirit than substance. I don’t know how well that fits into traditional Christian beliefs.

Depression has at least some base in chemistry, so I can’t say for a fact that is what I mean by being consumed. It may also be that the chemical changes are brought on by the psychological stresses of being, or rather being made to feel, separated from God. Ones spirit can be consumed by a variety of “things”…jealousy, greed, lust, etc. All are not productive by any measure and can be considered evil, if evil is the absence of good.

I need to say that I am in no way a Biblical scholar, theologian or even on the right path in life. I hold rather unusual beliefs, probably unique is a better word. In fact I know more about what I don’t believe than what I believe in.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2006, 08:40:21 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)