Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76692 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
To be a SDA is to follow the teachings of E.G.W.

Chim, I'd have to disagree with you on this point. I converted to SDA about 2 years ago. While I was aware of E.G.W., I certainly did not get baptized BECAUSE of her writings. I follow the word of the Bible and not the word of man (woman). I have read several books by E.G.W., and personally find her writings somewhat tedious.

Is she a prophet? I couldn't tell you. There are certainly those who believe she is, but I don't know enough to say for sure. I can tell you though that I'm not SDA because i follow E.G.W.'s writings. I follow the Bible.

I became interested in the SDA church because they always referenced the Bible. In my church, they encourage people to question, and then direct them back to the Bible to find the answer. They also strongly encourage prayer so that God can inspire you to the right answer. Not once have i ever been directed to an E.G.W. writing to get an answer.

Can't say for sure this is true in all SDA churches, but it's the custom in the church I attend.

Erik :usa:
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2005, 09:53:30 AM by germ »
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!