Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76688 times)

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
As far as testing a prophet there are two simple tests that the Bible outlines.. One in Deut: 13 and the other in chapter 18. Basically if one prophecy doesnt come true then there is no light in the person and they are a false prophet.. To be a SDA is to follow the teachings of E.G.W. and its just the same as to be a Mormon you follow the teachings or Joseph Smith.. or even Brigham Young who came later... The onle "scripture" i have read cover to cover is the Bible.. But dont discount the internet for info just because its the internet. Many scholarly people have made it their lifes work to inform people..  we just need to check the references and make sure its right.. like the bible says, test all things!As a mormon reading lots of their material I never found any contradictions either..  until the Lord gave me sight from spiritual blindness and showed me the errors...  but please dont get me wrong.. im not saying you are spiritually blind..  One thing i know for sure is that only God knows our hearts. I am 28 myself and am by no means a Bible scholar! But i do know that Christianity and the Bible are the only truth that will hold up. Religion can be a bad thing.. its tends to take our hearts away from whats important which is a personal relationship with Christ and focus it on religious wastes of effort and focus.

As far as true prophets going into a trance, I have never heard that..  not in the Bible, and not in real life..  If thats the case then Mormons are really in trouble.. falling into a trance actually would make me worry where the source of their power came from....

how would God have know if we truly had loved him if there wasnt evil and sin in this world? This topic has been debated over and over. If there was no sin, and no option to choose good over evil how would God know we love him,....  If it was all perfect it would be like a forced love...  You cant force someone to love you..  I cant force my kids to love me.. All I can do is love them and hopefully they love me back. I want my kids to love me because they choose to love me..  not just because I want them to. There has to be free will and choice..  without evil and sin there wouldnt be much of a choice.