Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76647 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
I think its pretty sad to see so many mistakes in a book thats supposed to be so perfect,,,and its no wonder so many that follow the faith molest kids,,and murder there familys while hiding behind this book and god...SAD Just plain sad..

One problem I see with this, is that you are comparing portions of the Old Testiment with portions of the New Testiment. God had rules and requirements of the people who inhabited the earth before Jesus's arrival (Making sacrafices is one example) which changed once Jesus came.

Unfortunatly, I am at work, and do not have my Bible with me to look up the refrences you make so that I can expand on them.

I did want to address a point you had brought up earlier, and forgive me, I can't quote it right now, but you had mentioned that How could God allow little children to suffer.

To find the answer, you have to go waaaayyyy back to when Lucifer was still in Heaven. The reason he was thrown out of Heaven was that he started to tell the other Angels that God would not allow them free choice, and that He was dictating their existance. When God cast Lucifer and his followers out, he promised that he would allow people thier free will, and would not intervene, so that when he came back to re-establish his perfect heaven, no one who was in heaven would ever be able say that they did not have the opportunity to choose to be there.

What we are seeing is that man is excercising his free will, and many are choosing not to follow Gods word.

Remember, Salvation is a choice. You can choose to do what is needed to be saved, or you can choose not to. The only thing I ask you (and others...I'm not pointing this at you specifically) is to think about the consequences of your choice. Just like when we're wheeling, sometimes if you choose to turn right, you'll go into a beautiful meadow, but if you choose to turn left, you'll fall off a cliff. It's your choice, and my belief is that God specifically made it that way. I do not judge your (or anyone elses) choice (I'ts not my place). I may not agree with it, just as you may not agree with my choice, but it's all good.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!