Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76643 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
This thread is simply amazing, after a couple of hours the questions pile up to the point of confusion.  I won't be able to address everything, but I will try to catch a few key points.

I realize that quoting a pastor implies that I can't defend my own faith (I wish I was better at it), but I think that I have provided enough information to be respected.  With that in mine I contact my new pastor and asked him if he could sumarize the topics a bit since he has more experience answering these type of questions.  Here is what he sent me, keep in mind that it sounds more judgemental than he really is (it was written to me), he is a great young pastor that loves 4wheeling :)

"There is a lot of stuff that goes into the Sabbath issues... (you know that) but for the Salvational part, it really boils down to that fact of two things...

1. If the Sabbath message has been presented to you and you reject it. That is Rejecting the God of the Sabbath. Saying it doesn't matter what day you worship on is Laodicea, riding the fence and not standing on the True Biblical Principles of worship and following God! But if you have never heard of the Sabbath, you are not a Christian, and you do not profess to be a follower of Christ, and you come to know him but not all the Bible "Gems" you are not accountable for everything that has been revealed throughout all History! If people are REAL BIBLE students, they would study the Bible and find out how all texts fit together, not throw out the ones they don't understand or make them feel uncomfortable!

Some people really believe that the Bible teaches Sunday worship, it has become part of the culture, so some of this will have to play out in time...

2. THe second issues come with If you believe in GOd and you are following God, you cannot live by 9 of the ten commandments. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. they can justify all they want and make excuses and all, but if they really look at it, the Bible never changed the day of worship, the Ten Commandments Still are valid today, and if they argue that keeping Sabbath is Legalism, then tell them to let you come and committ the last 6 commands on them and see how they feel about you stealing from them or committing adultry with their wife, etc... The truth is that most Christians are just following the crowd, and don't really have a true understanding of the Bible for themselves... they may be offended if you take this hard line with them, but that is the truth... ALL PEOPLE who really STUDY the bible and know history, know that Saturday is the REAL Lord's DAY!!! The Real SABBATH, Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

The Texts, I have tons in a book i have not unburied yet (from his recent move), but there is a website with all the Sabbath Arguments and stuff you could imagine...
www.sabbathtruth.com

Check that out and see what you think!!! I believe it is put out by Amazing Facts...
Hope any of this helps, and I will be praying for you as you continue these discussions."

Now I will go back and try to answer/comment on some of the more specific things posted.

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved