Author Topic: Favorite Camping Recipes & Meal Ideas  (Read 34925 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Camping Recipes & Meal Ideas
« on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:31:14 AM »
chili and cornbread

I'll try to get the chili rtecipe off my mom, best chili I ever ate, and if yo umake it right, it'll burn your socks off, and an hour later curl your nose hair :yupyup:
Make cornbread in a dutch oven, and if you are a fan of spicy foods, chop up some jalepenos and toss in the cornbread batter. Thumbs:

Real simple and easy to make and clean up is eggs in a bag.
Before hand, chop up onions, peppers, ham, whatever you like in your eggs.  When yyou wake up, give everyone a ziploc bag, 1 gallon freezer bags work best.  HAve them put their eggs in the the bag, and whatever they want to mix in there.   Close the bag, and squeeze the stuff around inisde to get it mixed real well.  THen stick it in a pot of boiling water, and wait for about 10 minutes, checking it every few minutes.  pull it out, dunk the bag in ice water (cooler water) real quick, and now you have a scrampled egg breakfast, and a container to eat it in.  This is really good for those of you with younger kids who want to "help"  they can make their own, and feel involved, and everyone gets their own, so no complaints cause of picky eaters :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent