Author Topic: Sierra Nevada beer...  (Read 2318 times)

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
Sierra Nevada beer...
« on: Apr 12, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
We LOVE beer - but even the best of beers can't wash away the overpowering sour taste of land closures. Sierra Nevada Brewery is one of the many companies that supports the Sierra Club, and the Sierra Club believes the only way to protect the environment is to lock you and your 4x4 out of YOUR National Forests.

We'll start enjoying Sierra Nevada's beer again once they start making contributions to BlueRibbon Coalition and other PRO-access environmental organizations instead of funding the anti-access land-closure organizations.

Word.
You'll never take me alive

daniresch

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 930
  • Male Posts: 761
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Re: Sierra Nevada beer...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
good to know!
thank you
1988 Blue Std Cab: SAS, Longs, HP/ARB/5.29 Front, ARB/5.29 Rear, Marlin Dual Ultimate w/ 23 Spline MC07XD-R10, Marlin 30 Spline Front & Rear Output Shafts, Dave's Triple shifter, FROR crossmember, Bilstein 12" f+r, RUF w/ 63s, 7in bob, 40x13.5x17 MTR's on Racelines Monster Beadlocks 17x9.5

build: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=80954.510

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
A painful revelation especially in light of their recently released Pale Ale in a can.... but I have stopped drinking their beer since finding this out.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
A painful revelation especially in light of their recently released Pale Ale in a can.... but I have stopped drinking their beer since finding this out.

I stopped drinking beer 35 years ago, in anticipation of finding this out. I'm glad it finally paid off.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2012, 10:06:34 PM »
Something similar came up on another forum, and some of the guys did some research.  Out of all the beer brands on your local stores shelves, almost all of them give to the Sierra Club, or other similar groups.  There was one local Micro company that donated $ to both the Sierra Club, and a local offroading group to help maintain trails. 

It came down to, if your favorite beverage supported a Greenie program, we would all be drinking water only. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »
Something similar came up on another forum, and some of the guys did some research.  Out of all the beer brands on your local stores shelves, almost all of them give to the Sierra Club, or other similar groups.  There was one local Micro company that donated $ to both the Sierra Club, and a local offroading group to help maintain trails. 

It came down to, if your favorite beverage supported a Greenie program, we would all be drinking water only. 

This pretty much..

You would be hard pressed to find a company that doesnt donate to some sort of greenie corp of some form
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

knucklebuster

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 271
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »
I know ken has personally gated the road that went from cohasset to forest ranch, it may be on his property but I think it is public land...
pissed off a lot of locals with that one..
And I have always wondered where is he pumping all of this pure deep well water from? Chico? :headscratch:
 the brewery is 2 blocks from one of the bigger toxic plumes in town :shhh: