Author Topic: STUPID LAWS  (Read 20917 times)

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: STUPID LAWS
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
I got a $30 parking ticket at school for my drivers tires being on the white line in the parking lot. :hammerhead:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

DD85runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »
i didnt even know you could get a ticket for that
85 4runner: 5.29s, duals with 4.7, ARB fr, detroit r, hi steer, bobbed 12"
89 4runner sr5: sold
98 prelude: DD

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
yea its kinda crazy..

I had a note left on my winshield once saying "i could barely get into my car you @SSHOLE, next time it happens it will be a broken window instead of flat tires"

So i walked around my truck and noticed my valve stem cap was missing on the passenger rear tire, so i got my guage out and checked my pressure..   That person's definition of flat tires was letting 5psi out of one of them..

:shake:

People..

DD85runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
should tell him he needs to air the other 3 down next time so you dont have to when you go wheelin haha
85 4runner: 5.29s, duals with 4.7, ARB fr, detroit r, hi steer, bobbed 12"
89 4runner sr5: sold
98 prelude: DD

madmax886

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
I can understand paying taxes, but the fact that I am single, dont have kids, and work a load of overtime means I have to pay around 25%?!?!... Criminal

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »
I got a $30 parking ticket at school for my drivers tires being on the white line in the parking lot. :hammerhead:
fk at our school we used to park up on eachothers tires in a posing position an instaed of a fine we got our pics in the year book..and in winter we would see who could park the highest on the snow banks haha
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
I can understand paying taxes, but the fact that I am single, dont have kids, and work a load of overtime means I have to pay around 25%?!?!... Criminal

:wave:  join the club man!  We're punished for not impregnating some random sleeper  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »
It is illegal to sell drugs......

Unless you work at Walgreens, Rite Aide, Gas stations, Liquor stores....  :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »
Uh...there is no Constitutionally guaranteed right to ride without a helmet.

The Libertarian in me wants as little government interference in our daily lives as is possible...just shy of anarchy. Society's attempt to "protect" itself financially from the idiotic actions of some, have always infringed on the rights of others. I wouldn't ride a bike without a helmet for all the tea in China...but, the Conservative in me can't bring myself to force another to act as I see fit.

You do both have valid points.  I'm kinda with at, I don't want the government involved in telling me how to live my life and as much as I disagree with other peoples' decisions, it's not up to me to say what's right for them.  Personal choice is and should be a freedom we're all entitled to, save for making decisions which wilfully harm others. 

Hell, back before the helmet law, stocker would sometimes go on rides by himself without a helmet  :gap:  Thought I forgot that, didn't you  :haha:  He also once hit a buzzard while going through a corner at a pretty good clip, and had he not been wearing that helmet, the outcome could have been much worse than merely getting his bell run and having some broken helmet and bike parts. 

It also seems that the helmet law was amended several years back to allow motorcyclists to go sans helmet in california, but they did have to purchase insurance accordingly.  It may have been squashed, but I do remember we kept seeing guys riding around sans helmets for a while and never did see one get busted or pulled over   :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Feb 09, 2010, 02:56:25 PM »
Somehow I knew as soon as I saw that you replied, that would bit me in the ass :gap:

You sir, are absolutely correct.  I was speaking in reference to gun laws that restrict ownership of certain guns, waiting periods, etc. 

I am speaking generally, but I think many of us would agree that those laws are stupid, excessive, whatever word you choose. 

:cheese:

Not only do I think those laws are stupid...I believe they are unconstitutional. Luckily, I am a citizen of a relatively enlightened state. We can open carry and with a little paperwork, we can conceal carry...what is really cool (and very expensive) is we can own suppressors!

I would however put it to you, that just because something is not in the Constitution, doesn't mean the government has a right to restrict whatever/whomever it wants.

The 10th says that if the Constitution doesn't give a particular power to the feds...the feds don't have that power. That's why I am so enthused about the renaissance of political awareness and activism since the last election!  :usa:

Oh...did Cali ever enact that ban on .50 cals?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Feb 09, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »
i didnt even know you could get a ticket for that

College  needs money! :gap:

fk at our school we used to park up on eachothers tires in a posing position an instaed of a fine we got our pics in the year book..and in winter we would see who could park the highest on the snow banks haha

High school?
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Feb 09, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
:cheese:

Not only do I think those laws are stupid...I believe they are unconstitutional. Luckily, I am a citizen of a relatively enlightened state. We can open carry and with a little paperwork, we can conceal carry...what is really cool (and very expensive) is we can own suppressors!

Agree 100%! 

The 10th says that if the Constitution doesn't give a particular power to the feds...the feds don't have that power. That's why I am so enthused about the renaissance of political awareness and activism since the last election!  :usa:

My point exactly.  Thanks for putting the correct Amendment. :thumbs:
Oh...did Cali ever enact that ban on .50 cals?

No idea.  Thankfully, I too live in an enlightened state.  Not quite as enlightened as yours, but close. :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 09, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »
I belive no .50 cal's in Commyfornia.. :(

I went out to arizona to visit my dad and got to shoot a mp5 fully auto..
Wish i could own one.. That was a blast.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »
I belive no .50 cal's in Commyfornia.. :(

I went out to arizona to visit my dad and got to shoot a mp5 fully auto..
Wish i could own one.. That was a blast.

AZ Gun laws..... dreamy.... :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »

AZ Gun laws..... dreamy.... :gap:

All it takes is involved voters!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

bigman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 201
  • Member since Jan '05
  • punish all jeeps
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
agreed.  But to add a bit more.
1) If legalized, it can be taxed and regulated similar to tobacco products.  This will actually end up in a decrease in cost for users, and a HUGE increase in revenue for the state and fed.
2) It will open up a whole new world of products.  Bio fuels, better fabrics, ropes, more efficient crop rotation, etc.
3) It will effectively eliminate an entire group of prison inmates, easing the burden on the prison systems throughout the US.
4) It will help eliminate small time dealers.
5) Save local municipality PD costs pertaining to dealing with small time dealers and small time users.

There's more I'm sure, but those are the first few that come of the top of my head.

In addition,
how about Helmet and Seatbelt laws?

IMO, It is up to me if I choose to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle (or bike) or a seatbelt when riding in or driving a car.  We know that they save lives, but If I choose to take the risk, then that falls on me.  It shouldn't be at the government's discretion.
amen brother who the hell gave them the rite to make a PLANT a CRIME wtf is this shat
MONTANA BOYS KICK A$$
IF U CANT DUCK IT F IT

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »
amen brother who the hell gave them the rite to make a PLANT a CRIME wtf is this shat
OK, I'll play devil's advocate -- do you extend the same logic to opium poppies?

1) If legalized, it can be taxed and regulated similar to tobacco products.  This will actually end up in a decrease in cost for users, and a HUGE increase in revenue for the state and fed.
On the tax issue alone, I agree in theory -- but enforcement would prove difficult. There are so many people already growing.... I think they would continue to grow, and many would not pay taxes on it. Think moonshiners during prohibition.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Feb 13, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
i hear newjersery already has leagalized or is really close to legalizing it
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Feb 13, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
It's already legal in Oregon, Alaska, California, and probably several other states.... but there are unresolved issues as to eligibility, how much you can grow (and where), how much you can possess, how it can be distributed and/or sold.... the list goes on & on.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Feb 13, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »
OK, I'll play devil's advocate -- do you extend the same logic to opium poppies?

On the tax issue alone, I agree in theory -- but enforcement would prove difficult. There are so many people already growing.... I think they would continue to grow, and many would not pay taxes on it. Think moonshiners during prohibition.

In simple terms, yes, I would extend that logic to any other naturally occurring "drug" on the planet. Psilocybin mushrooms, opiates, peyote, cocaine, etc. In the words of the late Bill Hicks:

"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?"

Unfortunately, its just not that easy.

In their simplest, most basic forms, naturally occurring "drugs" such as cannabis, opium, coca, psilocybin mushrooms, tobacco, etc are not harmful in moderation (as with anything). Its their heavily processed versions that become dangerous and harmful. I am not talking about simple processing, such as manicuring and drying buds of cannabis to smoke. I am talking about heroin, meth, etc. Heroin and meth arose from opium and cocaine respectively because both were illegal, and thus, druglords and dealers found that a more potent, addicting substance brings higher profits and repeat customers, and thus these dredges of society were created. Its a twisted cycle, but if opium and cocaine were legal in their pure, natural forms, it would pose a huge threat to meth and heroin dealers. Unfortunately, the damage (in the form of a century of drug prohibition) has been done, and meth and heroine are so prevalent undoing that damage is going to take time.

Just like the Prohibition of alcohol created people like Al Capone and an unregulated, anything goes kind of black market, drug prohibition has done the same. Look at Mexico for example. The government has long been so corrupt and in bed with the drug lords there, that the drug lords are now more powerful, more advanced, and more armed than the Mexican police and military. In a very similar manner, our own corrupt DEA (there is no denying it) has perpetuated scourges like meth by keeping all drugs illegal, doing nothing more than to fan the flames of the black market. The DEA spends billions of our tax dollars to raid pot farms and dispensaries operating perfectly legally under CA state law, but do virtually nothing to try and stop the disease of meth that plagues our state. This has gone on for so long that our government has essentially created a monster that will be very difficult to destroy.

Alcohol kills more than 4 times as many people a year as ALL illegal drugs COMBINED. Ask your teenage high schoolers, and they will tell you, its far easier to get illegal drugs, than to get alcohol. I know this first hand, as I graduated high school only 6 years ago. It was much easier to get my hands on some pot, pills or mushrooms than it was to get a bottle for the weekend.

The problem with the War on Drugs, is that it has been waged for so long, that it has created a huge problem when it comes to "mop up". Prohibition provides us with a simplified example of the pros and cons of prohibition, however when waging a war for 100 years, it can't just be fixed over night with making it all legal.

Lawmakers and citizens need to sit down and figure out the best way to going about legalization of ALL naturally occurring drugs. Instead of building more prisons, WORKING drug rehabilitation needs to be established for those who can't handle anything in moderation. A legal, regulated and taxed drug market needs to be established. And all of this is going to take a lot of time and cooperation by all sides of the equation. Our government has created a huge SNAFU with the war on drugs. Drugs are going to be around wether you like it or not. Regulate or not, but the War on Drugs has FAILED, and done nothing more than to hurt the people of this country. Like I said, it is a vastly complicated subject, and until ignorance, terror and lies stop being pushed by certain sides, the cycle is just going to keep going, and going, and going..

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
wish pa would sack up an legalize

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »
wow.... didnt know there were so many stoners on here lol.....   (no hate here just amazes me)
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
only once in a while here buddy

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »
I don't use it, but it's been in the news so much lately it's hard to ignore. And I've seen (and smelled) so many more plants over the last few years than I ever used to...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:22:52 PM »

Ah, but if you look at moonshiners after prohibition, the amount of busts went down, as well as production.  Not to say that people didn't (or don't) continue to produce it, but it did go down. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:56:49 PM »
That's true, but if I'm not mistaken, legal liquor was pretty cheap for -- well, I don't know for how long but I think quite a few years.

The price of pot would need to come down a lot to keep many of today's growers from continuing as they have been.

I'm not saying legalization is a bad thing. I have said for many years that it would be best to treat weed like alcohol, legal and taxable. But there seems to be a lot of issues to be ironed out, and a lot of potential problems.

There's been considerable discussion around here over the past year or so about what is legal and what is not, what should be allowed and what will be ignored, and what can (or should) be done. It's been interesting, to say the least. There are impassioned and compelling arguments on both sides.

Such is life in the Emerald Triangle....