Author Topic: Tylers 1981 Toyota Trekker Build  (Read 54573 times)

GotMyYotaBack

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 201
  • Member since Apr '09
  • "I like Turtles" Google it
    • View Profile
Re: Tylers 1981 Toyota Trekker Build
« Reply #90 on: Feb 11, 2010, 09:55:59 AM »
Who is TJ?

Wait a min. Is TJ Tijuanna? Thats not exactly an option for me. Unless they can do it while I wait? :)
Trekker Build- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64943.0

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
So dont tell me I spelled it wrong! You knew what I ment.

lownlinked85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 408
  • Member since Mar '08
  • Yeah Baby!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Feb 11, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
Hey dan this is raymond hey did you do anything with those spring hangers for TG Springs?  I noticed you got the sky chevy kit and was wondering about the front hangers
Low locked and ready to rock

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Feb 11, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »
Very awesome man!

This is like early onset of deja vu!  I have an 82 Trekker that i am building right now (collecting parts still acutally) but my parts pile is going to have our trucks looking very similar...  RUF, SAS Hanger 1" forward, 6" shackles, Rear 4" springs, 5.29's, 35's or 37's yada yada yada.  I'm only waiting on a few more parts to start mine, now i'm all excited seeing yours!!

This is motivational for me, thanks for posting!!
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 09:57:23 PM by Okiyota »

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
Hey dan this is raymond hey did you do anything with those spring hangers for TG Springs?  I noticed you got the sky chevy kit and was wondering about the front hangers
Yea Ray I still have the TG one's they have the 18mm bolt hole drilled in them standard. I was gonna return them for a slider gusset kit, you want to buy them?

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
Very awesome man!

This is like early onset of deja vu!  I have an 82 Trekker that i am building right now (collecting parts still acutally) but my parts pile is going to have our trucks looking very similar...  RUF, SAS Hanger 1" forward, 6" shackles, Rear 4" springs, 5.29's, 35's or 37's yada yada yada.  I'm only waiting on a few more parts to start mine, now i'm all excited seeing yours!!

This is motivational for me, thanks for posting!!

Okiyota, thats great! be sure to document/blog it these trucks are few and far between. Have you checked www.toyotatrekker.com ? its another cool site. Where are you located? Would love to see pictures of your truck. Is it a 5spd? and is the trans crossmember modified? My ft shaft is a CV and it lays on the crossmember, wont accept any lift really. Of course when we dual case it that problem will go away, but i am curious.

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
Yeah I plan on keeping track of what I do for sure and yeah I've been a member of the Trekker board for a while.  I live in Colorado, you'd be surprised at how many Trekkers i see out here, compared to other places I've been of course.  I know of at least 4 or 5 others here in my local area.  Mine is a 5spd and the crossmember has not been modified, i will have to look at where the driveshaft lays in there, although i have Marlin duals so it wont matter like you said, but i'll check for you when i get out of work.  

Here's a couple pics, one from the day i got it and one dirty and current, not much change you can see other than the wheels and getting rid of the back bumper but there is a 22RE in it now...

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010, 02:20:53 PM by Okiyota »

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »
Yeah I plan on keeping track of what I do for sure and yeah I've been a member of the Trekker board for a while.  I live in Colorado, you'd be surprised at how many Trekkers i see out here, compared to other places I've been of course.  I know of at least 4 or 5 others here in my local area.  Mine is a 5spd and the crossmember has not been modified, i will have to look at where the driveshaft lays in there, although i have Marlin duals so it wont matter like you said, but i'll check for you when i get out of work. 

Here's a couple pics, one from the day i got it and one dirty and current, not much change you can see other than the wheels and getting rid of the back bumper but there is a 22RE in it now...

Gotcha, yea I have always though this one was pretty clean. I think Winibago, sold heavy in Oregon and Colorado, not to much elsewhere.

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
Thanks man, it is in really good shape for being an old Trekker and yeah i have heard Oregon has quite a few of these still running around too.  However back to your regularly scheduled program now, no one is reading this thread to hear about my Trekker, lets see some more progress on yours!! Keep me motivated!!

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Feb 13, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »
Well I'm not gonna make any progress on the Trekker this weekend, but I did take a few hours this morning to take this off the trailer.

My Cousin in law  :bowdown: Mike in an amazing act of generosity gave Tyler and I this 83 truck!   :biggthumpup: Its got alot of the parts we needed, like Doors, working regulators, weatherstriping, A perfect black dash, a Cluster w/ Tach, Clean Grey headliner, Door Panels, Shift Boot, and more. It even has a few parts we didnt need but are stoked to come by, Thorley Header, LC Cam! Sidedraft Weber is probably overkill for a wheeler, it drips fuel its so big!  :yikes: MSD Wires, and all the spare electronic goodies we could possibley need. I got it running on the trailer and its terminal!  :sick: We hoped it was a runner but massive engine noise (broken rod?) I'm gonna strip what I need, then post it as parting out. Here are some more pics:

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Feb 13, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »
Few more...

If you know anyone that needs a 1st gen cab/bed hit me up.  :wave:

lownlinked85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 408
  • Member since Mar '08
  • Yeah Baby!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »
Yes I would like them but if your gonna trade em in then go for it ill gettem some other time if you do feel like selling them to me ill take em
Low locked and ready to rock

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
Nice score, that's the exact dash cluster and door panels that are in my Trekker. 

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Feb 21, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
Anymore progress?  Also, what size tires are on it in this picture, trying to get a size reference...

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
Anymore progress?  Also, what size tires are on it in this picture, trying to get a size reference...

31x10.5's

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
nice score  :thumbs:.. i need the windshield out of that thing. wanna sell it ??

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:28:11 AM »
How soon do you need it? I would like to keep it weather tight until I strip it, that probably wont be for a few more weekends. How much is it worth to ya? 

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Feb 23, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »
i dont need it til you want to take it out. the only thing is shipping because im in oregon. would you be willing to ship it?? pm me back so i dont clutter your build thread and let me know a price  :thumbs:

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Feb 23, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
i dont need it til you want to take it out. the only thing is shipping because im in oregon. would you be willing to ship it?? pm me back so i dont clutter your build thread and let me know a price  :thumbs:

We can get it up to NorCal/Chico next time I go down that way if that will make anything difference...
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »
We can get it up to NorCal/Chico next time I go down that way if that will make anything difference...

Shipping a windshield would be like sending you an Ice Cream cone. You would need to find someone driving that distance that could sit it on there back seat, it will not survive otherwise.

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:06:15 PM »

thanks, but i have nobody that could pick it up.

Shipping a windshield would be like sending you an Ice Cream cone. You would need to find someone driving that distance that could sit it on there back seat, it will not survive otherwise.

you make a good point. if it was still january i could of had my brother pick it up on his way back from indio. but its a little late now. thanks anyway

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
Forgot to post some pics from last week. Tyler and I cut the rear spring forward mounts off and reposistioned correctly (wich turns out is exactly where they were  :hammerhead: ) Put some 35's on it for clearence fitting. I dont think we are going to be able to go much bigger then 35, maybe a little more width with 2" back 9" wheels, but looks like I would have to cut too much bed, or lift it to the moon. Here ya go, let me know what you think.

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
 1 More...

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
that's lookin good man.   :bowdown:
i love oregon wheelin.

chunkybutfunky934

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Mar 03, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
Looking real good!!!

4x4yota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 301
  • Male Posts: 1,256
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Mar 03, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
WOW that is awesome  :thumbs:
Current:
85 yota 4x4 http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101931.new#new
Sold:
81 Yota 4x4 - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61025.0

Just remember that if the tires don't rub, then the tires ain't big enough -Runar

GEARED UP

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 74
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Mar 03, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
lookin good dano :beerchug:

4Runtoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 435
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I Love My Toy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Mar 04, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
Very NICE!!!  :biggthumpup:

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Mar 04, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »
flexes really nice
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

Okiyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Mar 07, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
Thats awesome, looks great!  Do you have any pics of the rear stuffed?  Now I really cant wait to get mine in the garage, hopefully pull it in and start on it this week or the following!

GotMyYotaBack [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Mar 08, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
Your wish is my Command!  :sly: