31 (59.6%)
dont bob it
9 (17.3%)
build a bumper
2 (3.8%)
or cut the bottom of the bed and build a bumper
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: thegoofster21 04 tacoma build SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 96924 times)

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
id run 513s instead of 488 just because it seems to work the best with yota motors pushing full widths

well im running a 3.4 with 37s and still the tacoma rear so i want to be able to get good mpg
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
oh i thought you said you picked up a d60 rear i could be mistaken
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

skinneykansas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
im prob just going to keep my yota axles for now unless i get a good price for them..
get this thing built dude we need to wheel
93 2wd stock toyota

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
oh i thought you said you picked up a d60 rear i could be mistaken

got rid of it found the waggy front axle after.
im prob just going to keep my yota axles for now unless i get a good price for them..
get this thing built dude we need to wheel

if you stop getting stuck hahaha
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

jmoffroad.com

skinneykansas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
im never the one to get stop, my friend just always flops his :pokinit:
93 2wd stock toyota

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
im never the one to get stop, my friend just always flops his :pokinit:
haha ya i saw coles truck today and i asked him if you guys got stuck again. someones need a winch out of you two. and you can always give me a call i have a winch too it would give me a good reason to go wheeling!!

jmoffroad.com

skinneykansas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
ha ya its never me dude come on. i told him to get a winch because hes the one that always needs it. i am calling you next time and you better come, cole is always there in like 20 mins haha
93 2wd stock toyota

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
ha ya its never me dude come on. i told him to get a winch because hes the one that always needs it. i am calling you next time and you better come, cole is always there in like 20 mins haha

haha that just funny. you at home today? some people need to learn how to wheel more, but you have to get stuck from time i guess

jmoffroad.com

skinneykansas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
ha tell me about it. no im at school right now. people need to learn what there rigs are capable of, and not be such little girls on the gas pedal. ha
93 2wd stock toyota

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
so you gonna run dual gears then i take it. rock on buddy.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
so you gonna run dual gears then i take it. rock on buddy.

just found out that the 44 i just got has 4.10s in it and that's what my Tacoma as in the rear already so I'm not going to have to change the gears in the axles as i thought. I'm going to run duals with 4.7s in the rear case. i know that will be plenty low sense I'm only going to be running 37s. I'm going to be sending off my pass side knuckle to get mached  so i can run high steer.

jmoffroad.com

Steve97TJ

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 133
  • Member since Mar '07
  • boss said pound it!
    • View Profile
That waggy 44 has 4.10s? Is it factory? IIRC, they came with 2.somethings
98 Taco
97 TJ 
Stephen from SC

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
i found out the 44 is out of an chevy k10

jmoffroad.com

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
 :beerchug:

jmoffroad.com

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: thegoofster21 04 tacoma build (new pix)
« Reply #314 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
nice pics!  lookin great
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
nice pics!  lookin great

thanks man its coming along

jmoffroad.com

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #316 on: Apr 03, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »
Nice pics bro! yur girl makes the pic fo sho.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #317 on: Apr 03, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »
I like the "its not a car" sticker! :hahaha:
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
I like the "its not a car" sticker! :hahaha:

thanks i can send you some if you would like

jmoffroad.com

crawlerdad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 395
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #319 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »
Have you looked at some of the kits from All Pro and others. A lot of people are keeping IFS for the ride. The new kits are getting stronger all the time. There are even guys at KOH with IFS. May save a lot of time and work. Just a thought.
Precision guess work done here.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »
Have you looked at some of the kits from All Pro and others. A lot of people are keeping IFS for the ride. The new kits are getting stronger all the time. There are even guys at KOH with IFS. May save a lot of time and work. Just a thought.

Around here where Travis and I wheel the most long travel straight axle set ups work the best. We're in the rocks way too much to justify spending any money on IFS :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #321 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »
thanks i can send you some if you would like
that would be sweet dude!  I would rock it out for sure bro!
97 4runner Limited

crawlerdad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #322 on: Apr 03, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »
Around here where Travis and I wheel the most long travel straight axle set ups work the best. We're in the rocks way too much to justify spending any money on IFS :gap:

You know more about what works for your type of wheeling then I do. I just wanted to be sure you knew all the options. Now start cutting, I want to see this.

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -184
  • Male Posts: 1,010
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Full throttle Rollin steady
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Apr 03, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »

i agree

i disagree, you really don't need that much flex to run the trails around here. if you can get 14inches of travel out of an ifs front and end have a decent amount in the rear you wouldn't have a problem running the trail. it would be an awesome ride and would be great in the snow. crawlerdads right with the whole there getting better and stronger and i think that your gonna start seeing more people run that setup. unless your the kind of guy that's looking to run the hardest lines all the time, a beefy long travel aftermarket ifs setup would be pretty awesome. but all said and done its gonna be more expensive, than a simple solid axle.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: Apr 03, 2010, 02:30:35 PM »
i agree
i disagree, you really don't need that much flex to run the trails around here. if you can get 14inches of travel out of an ifs front and end have a decent amount in the rear you wouldn't have a problem running the trail. it would be an awesome ride and would be great in the snow. crawlerdads right with the whole there getting better and stronger and i think that your gonna start seeing more people run that setup. unless your the kind of guy that's looking to run the hardest lines all the time, a beefy long travel aftermarket ifs setup would be pretty awesome. but all said and done its gonna be more expensive, than a simple solid axle.

Yeah if you spent the money on a nice IFS set up that worked (Total Chaos, Downey are all I have experience with but would definitely rock either) it would be just fine for most trails around here. The Deathrunner is a great example of what I would do if I was to build a more multi purpose 4runner, but I don't do a lot of go fast stuff so I felt I was better off with a SA. I think really unless you plan on going to Sand Mountain and jumping it, rallying to the desert a lot, or don't have a daily driver, its not really worth spending the extra $$$ on IFS for a rock crawler. To each his own though.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

crawlerdad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #325 on: Apr 03, 2010, 05:24:27 PM »
The money is an issue but the time spent on the SAS is big too.

thegoofster21 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Apr 03, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »
that would be sweet dude!  I would rock it out for sure bro!

send me your address.

ya i have thought a about but i think for the wheeling i do i would be better off with a sas. i have the axle at home and just got a new job so money should be coming in soon so as soon as i can iwill sas.

jmoffroad.com

crawlerdad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #327 on: Apr 03, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
Good luck with the SAS they always look sweet!  :thumbs:  Also thanks for rockin the quote it always makes me smile. After I said that to her I lost turtle points like a dozen a day till I was at -150 or more. When I saw the quote on your sig it made losing the points not matter.  :thumbs:

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -184
  • Male Posts: 1,010
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Full throttle Rollin steady
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Apr 03, 2010, 07:53:15 PM »
where are you gonna be working? and will it be steady

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #329 on: Apr 03, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
send me your address.
sweet dude, I will PM ya
97 4runner Limited