Author Topic: My Family Needs Your prayers  (Read 17084 times)

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
My Family Needs Your prayers
« on: Mar 06, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »
I'm not a religious man but right now I could use some help from a higher power, We just found out Wednesday night my 2 year old son has Wilms Tumors in his kidneys. He has also been battling with pnuemonia which is how we came to find out about the tumors. The tumors are about the size of grapefuits in both of his kidneys, they are going to start Chemotherapy today to try and shrink them down, that will will go on for 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks they will go in and do a biopsy to make sure it is Wilms. We are currently staying at the Ronald Mcdonald house in Madera which is next to the Childrens hospital. I am not looking for any pitty, I just wanted to post this up on the board to see if any of you have dealt with something like this before and know what the future might bring for my family.

Thank You, Aaron Burke
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: My Family Needs Your prayers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2009, 03:06:39 PM »
:down: that sucks dude.  I cannot imagine how hard that must be for you.  Don't have any experience or advice, but your family will be in my prayers.  :down:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
:down: that sucks dude.  I cannot imagine how hard that must be for you.  Don't have any experience or advice, but your family will be in my prayers.  :down:

X2 i hope everything will be ok 
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
stay strong, that's definently a hard pill to swallow. I hope he get's through everything okay!

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

yjay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 555
  • Member since Feb '09
  • SFA Station Wagon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
I definitely feel for you brother. My daughter went into a diabetic coma  at 15 months and the prognosis was poor. It was the worst feeling having her be in a position that I had no control over. We were told so many worst case scenarios , none of which thank God ever came true. I learned to take great comfort in prayer because it was the only thing I could do, and found it a powerful tool. The one positive thing that I took from the month long experience was to not take my family for granted. Unfortunately, I guess it took something like that for me to recognize what my priorities are. God bless you and your family, and we will keep you in our prayers.
22re Daily Driver
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56568.0
91 4Runner-R151f, MC07,23 spline duals, Marlin 1200lb clutch, 85 Front axle, Leaf swap rear, Yukon 5.29's, BFG KM2 35's, Detroit, OBA, 280k

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that man.  I've never been through anything like what your going through, but I will definately keep him in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »
 :sad2:

I'll be praying for your family.

Here's a little info that you may already have, but will help inform others on the forum.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wilms-tumor/DS00436
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »
I will pray for your family and your son.  I know that there are miracles that happen, and the doctors are getting more and more information on these kinds of problems every day.  My daughter had to go through some very minor things when she was younger and I would have rather it been me that had to go through it.  You have to be strong for your son and family.  Hang in there and let the Marlin board know if there is anyway we can help. 

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »
That's a huge bummer man!  Here's wishing for a good outcome  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
:down: Aaron  i cant offer anything but  my thoughts and prayers,  I do have friends that  have had  children suffer severe illnesses, i'll ask them to check in with you

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this Aaron.  My I will put you and your family in my prayers.  Hope all goes well.  My son is two as well and I could not imagine going through this.  Good Luck!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
Hang in there Aaron.  I'm sorry to hear about your son's condition.  We're praying for you - think positive thoughts okay!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Aaron know that we are keeping your son and family in our prayers and thoughts.  :crossed:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »
Thank You everybody for the kind words. Last night around 7pm he had his first chemo treatment, everything went good and he slept through the night. We are still having problems with his blood pressure being high and are working to solve that issue. He is definitly a fighter and WILL pull through this!

Some people have asked for my sons name, it is Aaron Matthew Burke II

Thank You again
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2009, 09:29:21 AM by BIG "A" »
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »
He is definitly a fighter and WILL pull through this!

gotta stay positive like this!

I know being on the internet isnt on your list of priorities right now but if you can, please keep us posted.
-Kyle

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
Little A and the rest your family will be in my prayers.

Wow, I just can't imagine going through this. Things like this always serve to remind me how richly blessed I am.

Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
Update on Bubba (thats what we call him)
his first chemo treatment has been going well. His kidneys are so large right now that they are pushing on all of his other organs (sp). So whenever we try to give him some water or food we have to keep it in very small doses so he wont throw up.
Today is the first day that he has been able to have some normal food, Apple sauce! one of his favourites.
He is not his normal rowdy, talkative (sp) self yet and I know he wont be for awhile, I think that is one of things that is hard for me to deal with right now. Just watching him lay there with all of the IV tubes and monitors pluged in to him and not being able to hold him is a tuff one.
Hug your young ones and give them love.

Thanks again for everybodies kind words, I will try to keep you updated but the only time I can have a moment on the Comp. is when my wife takes over watching bubba so I can take a shower and relax a little.

A few people have asked if I need any financial help. If you would like to help out, I would sudjest to donate to a Ronald Mcdonald house. It is an awesome organization and is ran only by donations. It only costs a family of 4, 15 dollars a night to stay and they have all the comforts of home available to them.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »
Good news Aaron!  Hopefully the swelling will go down asap so he can be more comfortable, and hopefully it'll all just go away soon  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »
stay strong man, hope and pray all keeps going well.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
Sunday night update:

We are out of ICU and in a nice private room. WOOHOO

Bubba is doing good and was able to keep his food down finally.
now we just need to focus on getting those tumors down, the worst one in his right side is the size of a softball. We also found out that when they are able to do surgery, they are going to take the worst one completly out.

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:34:54 PM »
 :biggthumpup: :thumbs:
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

jmoffroad.com

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »
Wow amazing story. Proof of the power of prayer. Hope everything works out!

Mike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigBs84

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 349
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:54:51 AM »
for sure in our prayers. A friend of mine had to go through some stuff when his son was born and stayed at the ronald mcdonald house and it was deffinetly a blessing, hang in there and I hope every thing goes well.
Build it wright-wind it tight
   High-N-Tight offroad
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45027.0 My truggy build

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
He'll definately be in my prayers Aaron , sucks to hear about the condition but it's good to see he's doing well . Everything will work out good brother  :thumbs:
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »
You've got ours Aaron, hope it all works out ok.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »
thanks guys,

Day 4 of the first chemo treatment.

Today was a good day, we got some more food down him without it coming back up. Been watching spongebob and Thomas the train all day.
His kidney functions have stayed the same which is good and bad, we would like to see them get better but they arent getting worse which is good.
His blood pressure is getting better with meds, but we need to see it regulate without them. so hopefully that will start getting better.

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »
come on little dude you can do it

jmoffroad.com

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »
I just started taking video today and will be taking a journal of our experiance. Since he is so young, I thought it would be cool for him to see it when he is older.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:08:54 PM »
:woohoo:  GO BUBBA!! 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #29 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
not much has changed in the past few days, we are just trying to keep him in a good mood. he is having some problems with swelling, mainly in his testicles so he is in pain a bunch.
Thanks again for all of your thought and prayers.