Author Topic: rebuild 22r help what can i do to get power out of it  (Read 2123 times)

motoracer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 319
  • Member since Sep '07
  • my geen bean
    • View Profile
rebuild 22r help what can i do to get power out of it
« on: Aug 06, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
ok guys you have been a lot of help on this web site. help me out  a lot so im going to stay with 22r because a v8 well cost $3000 to build and put in when said and done. cant see puting that much money into my old truck. all ready puting 2000 in a sas swap when get every thing done. my qustion to all you guys out there is how to build my 22r ? ive got headers and a 32/36 weber carb now with a stock engine . just had every thing redid to make like stock these are the only hopups i did to get more power.                                                                                                                    stock valves stock pistons and cam ,with weber carb and heaters with 2 1/4  out to a cat exhaust. this is what i was thinging off, bumping up compression to 10.1(if i can find some pistions) a cam kit from lc engineering new rockerarms springs with a 440 lift and a 280 duration. porta and polish head, and put a msd 6a. as far as the sas swap im going with highe steer kit, 529 gears and assuie lockers front and rear with all new bearings and parts, got to rebuild both nuckles , 6.5 inch lift with 35 boggers,and a dual case kit for crawling.  so if you guys can help me some more i would take any info you can give me.   im loking to  try to get 130-140 hp  thanks again .
pie

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
you DONT want 10:1 pistons,   you would have to run premium gas all the time and THAT would SUCK

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

bad luck

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 897
  • Male Posts: 271
  • Member since Sep '07
  • sas!
    • View Profile
when i did my 22re they shaved the head and decked the block now i cant run reg gas

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile

motoracer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
  • my geen bean
    • View Profile
ive got a good block and crank just want to konow what i can do to get some power out of it going to rebuild it
pie

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Hasn't this all been hashed out in your other thread  :dunno:  Shouldn't you fix the issue before trying to throw more money at a potentially broken engine?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
2.7 or 3.4 swap and be done with it already..... if you want to go all out, 302 ford or a 350........ all done

next waste of bandwidth please
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
go balls to the wall: 502 blown big block :gap:

motoracer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
  • my geen bean
    • View Profile
 ive got a lot of stuff worked out in my head i would like to know how to build it from ppl with more experance then me with these engines. got to get engine out and see whats wrong but before that whould like to have game plan on what i can do before i pull it. got my gears and lockers on the way for sas. 529s assie locker and  a sas hanger kit  to change it . going to do it all at one time.
pie

motoracer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
  • my geen bean
    • View Profile
ive been going between v8 swap or just 4 banger the final desider was money . so going to stay with 4 banger and ive got all kinds of exta parts for it .gaskets ,timing covers,carbs ,and just little stuff so i could do a rebuild cheaper since ive got all the extra parts. and find a shop to do things right
pie

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Its gonna cost a lot to do a 22r/e correctly or any engine correctly for that matter (at least what I consider correct). I spent around $2500 on my 22re. bored .030, cyl honed, line honed, block decked .020, balanced rotating assembly, reconditioned rods, EB .030 pistons, EB rebuild kit, EB street/RV head (larger ports, larger valves), LCE dual row conv. (in hindsight it was not worth the $$), LCE adj. cam gear, LCE .440 lift EFI Pro cam, LCE header. The most money I spent was on machining. I wanted a good, straight block to start off with, and a balanced rotating assembly. Money spent on machining goes a long way in the longevity department IMO. I have not started it yet, but I can't wait until I get to. In hind sight, I should have just built the 302 (5.0) I have sitting outside in my ford and dropped it in. Oh well, whats done is done.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008, 07:23:45 PM by KDXSR5 »

motoracer [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '07
  • my geen bean
    • View Profile
well got toh engine out today looks good  cylinder walls look good  pistons look good no damage. never smoked just lost compression in 4 cylinder going to have shop check valves to see if there bent, so im still at a lost for why it has no power. the only thing im confused about is when i tole it a tooth ake like a guy told me to do on here . it didnt gane but lost its pep ,but it starts so much better before it would turn over 4 or 5 times before starting now it starts 1 or 2nd time it turns over. like its better timing any thoughts
pie