Author Topic: LILBUDDY's SAS'd 2002 Tacoma (Update 9/18/08)  (Read 113011 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Why was travis pulling a trailer?? Does his wife really need to bring her whole wardrobe?? :rofl:

He didnt want to stack stuff on the top and he brought his wife and a friend of his and they stayed for 5 days so they had a lot of stuff
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
He didnt want to stack stuff on the top and he brought his wife and a friend of his and they stayed for 5 days so they had a lot of stuff

wow, i wouldnt want to lug a trailer around everywhere on the trail
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -184
  • Male Posts: 1,010
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Full throttle Rollin steady
    • View Profile
Matt - Driver birf, bent the crap out of marlin rear marlin bumper, starter went out, rear dif plug ripped out, new drivline angle haha if ya know what i mean and lots of good old gas tank modification. {not that its all BROKEN stuff} but it counts

Me - Rear axle housing, welded thrid, center pin, wheel studs

AJ - Tail light lense

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

Me neither. He did pretty good with it though. That 4 runner weighs 10 tons and he was still able to pull that trailer through spots. IT was cool to watch. He scared me on the slabs though cause he pinned it and got sideways and i thought it was goign to be all bad

Oh excuse me... i forgot

GET IT!!!

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
u should have seen it he man handled the :pokinit: out of that thing. it was pretty interesting watching him tackle some of the slabs

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
u should have seen it he man handled the :pokinit: out of that thing. it was pretty interesting watching him tackle some of the slabs

yeah it would be interesting to watch thats for sure. i see a lot of jeep guys pulling trailers but rarely see yotas doin' it.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Me neither. He did pretty good with it though. That 4 runner weighs 10 tons and he was still able to pull that trailer through spots. IT was cool to watch. He scared me on the slabs though cause he pinned it and got sideways and i thought it was goign to be all bad

Oh excuse me... i forgot

10 tons for sure and he was keepin up with us on the way home even thought a lot was downhill that things got some power

slabcs

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 329
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Clown you bent your rear Marlin bumper too?  Mine is so mangled now.
Relentless

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 983
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
Ill get pics when I care... If you cant tell, I really dont care rightr now.
[/quote]

so... you started to care 1hour 20min later?   :dunno:
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Ill get pics when I care... If you cant tell, I really dont care rightr now.

so... you started to care 1hour 20min later?   :dunno:

I assumed you were talking about how it is now.

Dont be a jackass about it.

GET IT!!!

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Clown you bent your rear Marlin bumper too?  Mine is so mangled now.
ya where did you bend urs? the rite side that loops around bent up and actually smashed into my body. i had to heat it up with a torch and bend it down couse i couldn't even open my tailgate. i come down on it hard sometimes but its pretty new and i try my best to ease off the drops and rocks. and the middle of the bumper between the 2 D rind holes is also bent up pretty decent.

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
word. come over and get scotts rear end. we have the cherry picker here now so it will make things go a lot easier.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
word. come over and get scotts rear end. we have the cherry picker here now so it will make things go a lot easier.

Is it pulled?

I really dont want to get under that truck again. Im so over it already. No air tools sucks

GET IT!!!

slabcs

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
ya where did you bend urs? the rite side that loops around bent up and actually smashed into my body. i had to heat it up with a torch and bend it down couse i couldn't even open my tailgate. i come down on it hard sometimes but its pretty new and i try my best to ease off the drops and rocks. and the middle of the bumper between the 2 D rind holes is also bent up pretty decent.

Yeah man, same story.  Both sides bent up into the body on mine, and the right side is tweaked over to where I couldn't open my tailgate.  My tailgate got jacked anyway so I just have to rip it open and it hella hits the bumper every time now.  And the middle under the receiver is bent up so I can't lower the tailgate all the way without hitting the bumper like 5 inches before it lays flat.
Relentless

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Yeah man, same story.  Both sides bent up into the body on mine, and the right side is tweaked over to where I couldn't open my tailgate.  My tailgate got jacked anyway so I just have to rip it open and it hella hits the bumper every time now.  And the middle under the receiver is bent up so I can't lower the tailgate all the way without hitting the bumper like 5 inches before it lays flat.
WOw ya thats bad mine hasn't got to that point yet. and hopefully it doesn't soon couse that would piss me off. sounds like its time for marlin to beef up the tubing.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Damn how hard are you guys hitting these bumpers? I have bashed mine off of all kinds of stuff and its held up really good

slabcs

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Your DGAF-o-meter must be broken man.

Tweakage.

As far as the tailgate goes, after you tug it past the side things that it hits.  You can see where it hits the quarter panel too.
Relentless

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
I assumed you were talking about how it is now.

Dont be a jackass about it.
i wasn't tryin to be, i was just correcting your assumption. its all good bro. :)
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Your DGAF-o-meter must be broken man.

Tweakage.

As far as the tailgate goes, after you tug it past the side things that it hits.  You can see where it hits the quarter panel too.

wow thats EXActly what happened to mine and it bent right at the same spot at the beginning of the rap around bar. just heat it with a torch and bend it back down. im gonna try and figure out a way to reinforce it. where did this happen to yours? o and by the way i love the color of ur runner iv been wanting to paint mine sea green, which i think would be close to that color.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2008, 02:24:18 PM by ClownMan »

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Damn how hard are you guys hitting these bumpers? I have bashed mine off of all kinds of stuff and its held up really good
hmm. has yours been on some decent trails yet? honestly i dont wheel like a jack ass at all which surprised me why mine bent. when i know im comming down on it im always easy sometimes i dont know and it hits pretty hard but i actually care about body damage and bending stuff so i try not to put it through hell.

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
Is it pulled?

I really dont want to get under that truck again. Im so over it already. No air tools sucks

your going to have to. its easy!! grab a cut off wheel and cut the u bolts. you dont need them anyways. i did it to the 14b yesterday in under 5min and i was done. loosen the brake lines and it will roll out. 15min tops and your done. scotts back is blown out so its not coming out of there any time soon from him. that or give me $15 and ill pull it for you and it will be ready to go.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
your going to have to. its easy!! grab a cut off wheel and cut the u bolts. you dont need them anyways. i did it to the 14b yesterday in under 5min and i was done. loosen the brake lines and it will roll out. 15min tops and your done. scotts back is blown out so its not coming out of there any time soon from him. that or give me $15 and ill pull it for you and it will be ready to go.
haha thats what i said but then i got a "i dont like sparks flying all over me" creepa creepa

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
i got a jumpsuit you can use if you want

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
how was your first day at tomas?

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
All of you are  :offtopic:

Ask him about thomas in his thread

or talk about the bumper in your thread

I dont need a jumpsuit. I just didnt want to be in flip flops and nice clothes like i was when i went over there... I said that like 4 times.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2008, 07:25:08 PM by LILBUDDY »

GET IT!!!

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Heres some updates, sorta:

Truck in current position... Posted in the garage

Broken center pin, notice the leafs

Rear axle

Broken stuff

New rear axle, courtesy of the panty wagon

GET IT!!!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Heres some updates, sorta:

Truck in current position... Posted in the garage

Broken center pin, notice the leafs

Rear axle

Broken stuff

New rear axle, courtesy of the panty wagon

Thats what my truck is going to look like in a few days minus a new rear axle. What is the new rear axle? T100?

hmm. has yours been on some decent trails yet? honestly i dont wheel like a jack ass at all which surprised me why mine bent. when i know im comming down on it im always easy sometimes i dont know and it hits pretty hard but i actually care about body damage and bending stuff so i try not to put it through hell.

I was bashing it all day long on fordyce with just the 35 mtrs. i take it real easy on my truck though, its gotta drive me 400 miles round trip during school.

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Thats what my truck is going to look like in a few days minus a new rear axle. What is the new rear axle? T100?

Taco 8.4

GET IT!!!

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
Taco 8.4

hey chris, what did you think about weinch hill 3? (fordyce, squeeze crack)

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
hey chris, what did you think about weinch hill 3? (fordyce, squeeze crack)

I didnt do it this last trip

but when i did it 2 years ago in my 81 i thought it was cool but i was in a hurry so i only tried it 3 times (and got denied) before i hadda bounce out and get to meadow.

GET IT!!!