Author Topic: Taking advantage of the system :mad:  (Read 2541 times)

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Taking advantage of the system :mad:
« on: Oct 21, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »
 I have a new neighbor that moved in a couple houses down and we got to talking one day after they moved in( he wandered over when I was working on my truck) and found out he is on workman's comp. He goes on and on about the incident and about how he cant work because of his injury. I was pretty sympathetic with him at first because I can understand what it would be like to be injured on the job and not be able to take care of my family. Now here's the kicker.
 I have seen this guy (remember, cant work cause he's injured)constantly working on cars and trucks pulling transmissions etc like no big deal. SO WTF? should I say something to him? It just burns my ass that these people get away with this crap AND MONEY IS TAKEN OUT OF MY PAYCHECK TO COVER THESE BUMS!!!  :mad:

Anyone else have any similar stories?

Mistaken

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Oct '07
  • i like lights
    • View Profile
Re: Taking advantage of the system :mad:
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2007, 12:53:32 PM »
my old neighbor was the same way. he would always be out there working on his cars or playing ball with his kids. when it came time to mow the lawn, it would be knee high before he kicked one of the kids out side to mow it.
1997 gmc sierra short box 4x4
33"mastercraft MT's
cat back duals

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
report him, record what he is doing and report him.  i had a claims person call me about a guy i worked with that was trying to work the system and i told the adjuster that he was lying.  this guys was saying he was to injured to work yet he was building a house on the side and playing football with us at lunch.  his claim ended up getting revoked

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
what kinda  "injury"  did he have??   kinda sounds like he's milking it  :headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
Stories like this are a shame and a dime a dozen. Why can these people get over on the system like that when people that really deserve it are turned down repeatedly.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
insurance and workers comp providers are not dumb....they have investigators that bust people like these all the time for fraud....I wouldnt do anything personally...he'll get whats coming to him
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

KYOTA [OP]

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »
what kinda  "injury"  did he have??   kinda sounds like he's milking it  :headshake:

IIRC he did flatwork, said his back is jacked, but working at home lifting heavy parts doesnt seem to bother his back I guess. Fn dirtbags get off your asses and quit stealing out of my paycheck!!  :mad: :maddest:

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:42:39 PM »
IIRC he did flatwork, said his back is jacked, but working at home lifting heavy parts doesnt seem to bother his back I guess. Fn dirtbags get off your asses and quit stealing out of my paycheck!!  :mad: :maddest:

for sure  :biggthumpup:
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »

X10!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »
dirtbags  like him getting a check  is why  the system is so FREAKIN messed up :tantrum:

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 21, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
report him, record what he is doing and report him.

X1,000!  An old coworker had a wife who was deaf, yet she kept doing gigs as a singer :headscratch:  He then "hurt" his back at work and could no longer work, so he was put on disability.  Investigators caught wind of her singing and saw him doing heavy lifting FOR HER GIGS and popped BOTH of them for fraud.  The system occassionally works :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »
People will always do fu@$%^up shi3 just let it go they are the ones that have to live with themselfs.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
Unfortunately, kids sometimes have to live with them and get to be taught their shifty ways too :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Stocker

• Online Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
Sometimes, people have disabilities which may not be readily obvious to many of us.  So I try not to rush to judgement...

However, from what you are saying, it sounds as though your new neighbor may be pulling a scam, which costs all of us -- and makes it that much harder for someone to get benefits when they actually deserve them. 

If you are convinced he's a scammer, get your facts together and make a phone call or two.  You can remain anonymous, he will be investigated, and if you are right about him, he'll get busted.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »
Sometimes, people have disabilities which may not be readily obvious to many of us.  So I try not to rush to judgement...

I can attest to this firsthand. I had both of my arms reconstructed due to a nerve problem and was out of work for a couple years. I had "good" days (when I could play frisbee or change my oil) and I had really "bad" days (when I couldnt button my pants or feed myself). many people would see me on my good days and wouldnt beleive there was anything wrong with me. It was hard sometimes....and I was never recieving money from anyone (I had to move into my parents basement :ack:

But ya, dont judge someone until you know them and/or their disability
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
But ya, dont judge someone until you know them and/or their disability

I know your disability, boy... :eek:

It's true some people have a true disability, but if yours is that you can't even hold a rake or broom, then you get caught loading heavy ass sound equipment, then it's not so much a disability as it is a disinterest in working for your money!

I knew you were a frisby throwin hippy :haha:
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2007, 05:14:41 PM »
I know your disability, boy... :eek:

ah ya my mental disability is a whole nother story :blah: ..my head doctor says im not supposed to talk about it  :shhh: just take this pill and stfu :chillpill:
RIP KYOTA

KYOTA [OP]

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »
frisbee golf hippy!  :talkingn:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
frisbee golf hippy!  :talkingn:

:spit:  sorry collier, but that's some funny :pokinit:!
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
go ahead. laugh. laugh all u want i dont care. i hate all of u  :down:
RIP KYOTA

86bobbedtoy

• Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Somebodys  sad, :rivers:...... go throw a frisbee. :therethere:

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:33:12 PM »
dirtbags like that are why I dont pay income tax myself!!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
go ahead. laugh. laugh all u want i dont care. i hate all of u  :down:

Sorry buddy  :therethere:
RIP KYOTA