Author Topic: Lizard Toy 2  (Read 12249 times)

Lizard_lips

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,076
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
Lizard Toy 2
« on: Aug 02, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »
Well my bro traded his 4runner already. He was going to swap running gears but ended up trading for some toyota truck thing. Here's some pics when we got it home. It came with an extra cab on the back and we took it with the truck. anyone want it? It came comeplete with a 22re-i believe a w56? 5 speed- dual toy cases w/ 4.0 in the rear case. 4.10 thirds with an ifs rear. the springs are stock but some drop spring hanger thing. see

The rest of the parts were another rear axle shaved with discs, 3" spacers or something for the front. brand new 5" trail gear springs, trail gear dual crossmember. 5.29's front and rear, arb front, spool rear, brand new longs and chromo inners, arb compressor, a couple driveshafts, and some lame ass 35's. here's some pics of the truck as it sit right now with some rollers on it

The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
Re: Lizard Toy 2
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
So far all thats been done was thats I installed the dual cases and the crossmember. We used trail gears dual case crossmember. I'm not sure that I like it though. We'll see what happens. I might just make something. The plans have changed again. he'll be putting toy rears front and 52" chevy springs rear but will be selling all the toy 5.29 arb & spool diffs, longs, 5" trail gear springs, rear housing thats been shaved, front axle rebuild kit w/ bearing, new marlin seals, vented rotors, arb compressor and what ever else I missed. He'll be getting the sky's fullwidth kit and swapping 1 ton drivetrian in it. anybody interested in this shtuff

The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »
here's some of the crossmember

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
here's some pics of the rear. I installed some 52" chevy springs in the stock location to get about another 5" of wheelbase. Still need to install some 2" blocks and it should be alright until we link the back. those c channel shackles are on there until I make some other ones. I bought it with the bling shackes at no extra cost   :greengrin:

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2007, 10:05:49 AM »
hopefully i'll have my thirds and the longs sold soon so I can pick up some one tons. I've never had a truck this small before. It looks retarded with rollers on it.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
did you pick this thing up in Modesto CA?? I swear I saw that thing on a truck over by the 99 hwy...I passed him and he pulled into a gas station.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »
I picked it up in oroville. drove down the 99 going back to vegas. it was a long trip. I stopped in medesto to drop off some chevy springs and stuff.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2007, 09:08:57 PM »
I saw you!!! You pulled in to the Chevron off of Pelandale and 99, right?  I passed you in the left lane and looked over at you... :whythis: that's weeerd.  I was gonna pull in and chat...wish I had. :down:

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »
Yeah I was there. I belive I saw your toy drive by. well maybe I saw some guy drive by with a marlin sticker but I can't remember what it looked like. you shoulda stopped. We don't throw sticks or anything at people.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2007, 08:54:09 AM »
here's some finish pics of the rear suspension. well except for the shacles. I need to make different ones.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »
Did a little work yesterday. Took the dash out of the other cab to install part of it in this one.

I need to cut some holes for the ac lines because the truck doesn't have any on it. I also cut the floor and installed the shifters for the dual cases.

I also upgraded to some bigger rollers  :greengrin: pimpin the 33's haha ::)

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 760
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »
I didn't know you were in vegas, man

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »
still in vegas. what about you? you in vegas also?

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
about an hour away from vegas

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »
where at? parumph?

95SAS

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »
i think ive seen you selling some stuff on RME. the toy is looking good
1986 extracab, SAS 38.5's Locked Duals, truggyfied, beadlocks
1988 2wd bagged and body dropped 3'' with a healthy 22r....

my build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35602.0

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
Down around Logandale

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »
i think ive seen you selling some stuff on RME. the toy is looking good

thanks, it should start taking form once i swap some fullwidths on it and get rid of the cab

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
logandale has some pretty good wheeling.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2007, 09:02:04 AM »
Did a little bit to the truck again. I put some block in the back and a longer brake line. I tried to drive it with the driveshaft on since I made that work now and the truck wouldn't. I think it's a fuel thanks for the help gtoyonrocks

I have a fuel pump I can put inline. does anyone know if this will work?

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »
what pump do you plan on using? it has to meet the pressure and GPH of the OEM pump.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 10, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »
not sure if it's the pump I had another one and I don't think the pump is getting and juice. it runs nice spraying some gas down the intake though.

It still sounds like a sewing machine compared to my old 350

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
sweet. it works. Replaces some fuses. moves some wires around shook the truck and bam it starts haha. more pics once I get home from work again

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »
I'll be dropping off the cab on the bad at the scrap yard unless someone wants it. just take it away i need it gone by this weekend. then I'll be testing the flex and probably gonna weld the diffs and see how much I can wheel. anyone have a spare driveshaft for dual cases they want to sell?

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 11, 2007, 08:03:16 AM »
Thanks, I ended up getting it to work. I replaced some fused, kicked it, cursed a little and it worked. I didn't do much on the truck  yesterday. I cleaned the cab out part of the way. I also test drove it and checked out the low range in it.
here's some pics. here's one of the rear suspension.

and one of part of the dash. I'll be making a custom dash

here's some pics of the overall truck

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2007, 09:36:03 AM by Lizard_lips »

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »
Haven't had much progress lately. I took the cab down to the recycling place. got $18 for it.  :greengrin: put some fluid in the cases. drove it around. still need to make some front springs. I got some center bolts for them. I'll be picking up some fullwidth axles here probably this weekend and then swapping them under. here's some pics. I'm not sure of the wheel base. it should be about 115 or so I'll have to measure

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
nice clean slate to work with there...cant wait to see whats in store  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 20, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
well I'll be puting some kind of tube bed on it or something. I gotta get this done and my other rig done for an even at the end of november. Hopefully it'll be done.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 25, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
my bro picked up some axles for it today. He went with a ford 9" rear and actually a 10 bolt up front. since he couldn't find any 1 ton axles and he wanted to get his rig done. the axles have 5.13's hysteer front, locked front and rear. gonna be swaping them in either today or tomorrow hopefully.

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
 :biggthumpup: