Author Topic: Lizard Toy  (Read 10912 times)

Lizard_lips

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,076
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
Re: Lizard Toy
« Reply #30 on: Jun 26, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »
haha. Thats what I've been doing. And then I keep getting hurt. Maybe I should stop playing for UNLV. Don't worry I have this to build. I'm gonna cut the front part of the exo off. dove tail the front and finish the exo. I also want to boatside it. I should cut it all off and start from scratch. 4 link rear and probably some 3 link front. kinda link boogerweldz junk. but with my own twist to it. It'll be a 4.3 with a lot of juice

The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 26, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »
it'll end up having 1 tons dual cases and probably 42's or 44's. My girlfriend wants a truck with rockwells but. I couldn't drive it on the street. I wish I could keep it. But in order to take care of some things this is the best financial move for me. Plus its too damn hot to wheel in the summer. I can build it in my garage. finish it in a month or two and be on the trail again. what do ya think? when you going wheeling with your junk?
The statistic on sanity is that One in every four is insane, Think of your three best friends if they're ok then its you.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
well, my old man bought the truck so I guess it's not leaving very far. Until they move from vegas up to Idaho. I still am going to start building the other rig

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jul 22, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jul 23, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
he bought it because he wanted a "hunting" truck. I guess my mom doesn't know the difference. He'll be putting some kind of flab bed on it and probably linking the rear and possibly adding another transfer to it. I'll keep you updated

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Aug 06, 2007, 09:03:44 AM »
found some old pics. Here's one from when I bought the truck right after I swapped fullwidths under it and my chevy drivetrain.

and how about these lame ass pics

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Aug 06, 2007, 09:08:25 AM »
and some old crappy night wheeling pics of mine and my bro's runner

chevyLUVtoyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Aug 06, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »
what motor is in this truck?

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2007, 10:02:02 PM »
sounds cool, I will be watching.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Aug 07, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »
It has a 350 with about 400hp and 385 ft/lbs of torque. it sounds pretty nice flyin up the duens

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
That's cool, did you get your bros truck going yesterday????

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2007, 09:03:28 AM »
nope, ended up not being able to get it going. Went to go play volleyball instead. I'll be working on it again when I get off work. No clue how to test the fuel pump I can pull a line off and see if some fuel is coming out. Thats how it works from an electric pump on a gm. i also have a pump I can put inline. will that work?

chevyLUVtoyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »
have any pics of the motor stuffed in it..

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Aug 09, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »
sure I can take some when I get home today. It's all chopped in the front but I'll take some pics of the rest of the truck today

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Aug 09, 2007, 04:12:51 PM »
Here you go, this will show you how to test your fuel pump, this is a full factory service manual for a 1993 toyota truck. I can't keep this to myselt. I stumbled accross this about six months ago, enjoy.

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/ :biggthumpup:

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Aug 10, 2007, 07:16:41 AM »
Sweet thanks. I swapped the fuel pump with my other one. Still nothing. I don't think its getting any juice. The fuses are fine. I'm not sure where the master relay is but that could be a problem. I'll have to track that down and see what happens. I forgot the pics of the engine bay. I'll take some today

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Aug 10, 2007, 08:44:13 AM »
That's a good question, I dont' know where it is. Look in that factory service manual I posted, I know it's not the same year, but it's probably in the same place. Have you done a fuel pressure test?? Are you sure your getting spark? You know sometimes toyota pumps are so quiet you can't her them when you turn the key on. I will see what I  can come up with to help you guys out with this.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:13:23 PM »
It decided to work all of a sudden. I replaced some fuses that were good. moved some wires, cursed a little and now it works. Who knows. Thanks again. now I'll have more updates on the truck since we can do something with it. i'll be seeing how much it flexes in 2wheel drive unless someone has a front shaft for dual cases.

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Aug 10, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
I hope you guys don't have any more problems with it, sounds like you have a short some where.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Aug 11, 2007, 10:57:48 AM »
it was a bad fuse it was blown by not where they usually blow. oh well. i think we have it fix. here's some pics of the engine bay as requested

and one of the truck next to my bro's new truck

chevyLUVtoyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Aug 11, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »
humm not as bad as i was thinkin.....nice!

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Aug 11, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »
haha. the master is a gm master and the heater even works. haha

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »
Have you thought about running gotpropanes setup on that?

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »
Looks pretty sweet, about the only thing missing is the propane.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »
I thought about it but my old man bought it off me so it's all up to him. He's about to move up to Idaho and gonna wheel it up there. I have another truck to build that I keep changing my mind on.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
see here it sits.

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Aug 11, 2007, 03:46:19 PM »
Is this truck carb or fi??? Looks like you have some work to do, full size again huh?? That's cool. I want to see more pics.

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Aug 11, 2007, 06:24:16 PM »
well there's no divetrain in it yet. it will probably be fuel injection money permitting. or possibly propane.  Definately fullsize again. It's sitting right here for right now. I put it up for sale if is sells it does if not i'm building it. It'll have a 4.3-th350- and maybe dual toy cases or a dana 300 or doubler or something. not sure yet. gonna go one tons and 42's or 44's

Austin W

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 229
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Aug 11, 2007, 08:17:11 PM »
is that booger weldz's old truck?

Lizard_lips [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '02
  • Marlin Crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Aug 12, 2007, 08:43:14 AM »
yeah its his old booger mobile