Author Topic: First day of dayshift!! Thanks you all!  (Read 8366 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Wow, talk about bad news/ maybe good news/ maybe sometime with a bunch of political wrangling going on!  And all this time I thought you guys just made butter & cheese up there, I never knew about all the 'behind the scenes' stuff.  "As the Curd Turns"...     
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Sorry to here it Cheesey.  You can allways talk to us late night workers though  :thumbs:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
That's the problem with unions the best person for the job didn't get it.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile

:therethere:  I'm sorry to hear this, Cheesy!  Hopefullly things will get better for you in the near future. :smooch:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
And the saga continues!

Well, I finally talked to Kasey last night, after he's been trying to hide from me for the last 3 days.  I was about to send out a hit man on him! :brick:

Well, were all cool about the situation on the bid job.  I may be getting another chance at the job in the near future!  He was hiding from me, because he couldn't face the fact that he screwed me hard.  Which he didn't want to do.  He kept apologizing to me about how he didn't want to sign the sheet, but in his defense he had been talked out of taking a day shift position before (2x's).  And he felt that if he didn't do it now, then he'll never get the chance again!  I told him, I don't blame him for what he did!  He didn't want to do what he did, because he knew I was doing it for my family, and that he did it for political reasons.   

Supposedly, there might be two other positions that might be opening up on days in the near future, so we will see what happens! 

Stay tuned!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Good to hear things are as cool as could be expected between you & Kasey.    :thumbs:

Sure hope something works out in your favor soon....     :yesnod:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Well, it's that time again!  But this time, it looks really good!  The dayshift vat position is opening up again.  So, I will try to not get my hopes up again, and we will see what January 2nd will bring!   :crossed:

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
family time and wife time are more important than the $.30/hour and computer time

good luck :crossed:
I agree
Time to go wheelin!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Well, it's that time again!  But this time, it looks really good!  The dayshift vat position is opening up again.  So, I will try to not get my hopes up again, and we will see what January 2nd will bring!   :crossed:

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I agree

That is exactly why he has been trying to get on this day shift. :yupyup:

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
 :willynilly: Oh no, here we go again!           Good luck with that cheesemaker!  :crossed:   Hope it all works out bud... :therethere:

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 743
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
JUST ANOTHER ROCK CRAWLER....
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
i just want to say this is one of the most interesting threads i have read to date. its like a book, i can picture it all and im getting into it, and then the bad news comes and crushes me, and then the good again and i get my hopes up just to be shattered again... the suspense is killing me

btw, i really hope you get the job, im sure of all people you deserve it the most. im not saying that because your here and you wheel, but from the little amount i just read it sounds like you of all people would bust ass at work, come home and not show a lick of being tired, just so you can be 100% for your kids and wife... truly good luck, and hope you dont get black balled again
 :crossed:

edit: you seem like a bad  :moon: dude also, where do you guys ship your cheese? what company is it?

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Hey, Silly!  I make Tillamook cheese!  It should be in the stores near you.  I see you live in Chico?  It should be in Costco, Walmart, Albertson's, and anywhere else!  It's the best cheese.  Ask Diane!  Ask her about the smoked white vintage!  She :drooling: over it!  Marlin loves the pepper jack! 

http://tillamookcheese.com/

Thanks for the support!  I just want to spend more time with my family.  And working swing doesn't help support that!  But we all have to make some sacrifices from time to time! 

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
its not albertsons anymore... its lucky
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Doof

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
ill check it out at costco and give it a whirl

just remeber these words of wisdom a friend once told me:

cheese clogs the hole

:rofl2:

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Good luck, Cheesy  :crossed: :crossed:...  hope it works out for ya this time!!   :thumbs:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Cheese Whiz not again.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Cheese Whiz not again.
boo...

Goodluck on this go-round Cheesy  :biggthumpup:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
i like tillamook cheese.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Today is the day I find out!!  The boss is already assuming I'm gonna get it this time and is already changing my schedule around!   :screwy:  But we will see!  This may be the day I get off swingshift for good!  :willynilly:

Doof

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
im pullin for ya :crossed: hope it all works out...

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Good luck...ah gots some gris gris fo ya!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 743
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
JUST ANOTHER ROCK CRAWLER....
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
These two make a mean sammich http://tillamookcheese.com/OurProducts/Cheese/Medium_Sliced_Cheddar.aspxhttp://tillamookcheese.com/OurProducts/Cheese/Sliced_Swiss.aspx

Too bad you guys don't make string cheese.  The only kind I really like is kraft whole milk string, has a very full eggy flavor as opposed to the cheap cheese flavor of most others, even the kraft 2%.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Doof

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
cheese i hope you got the good new while at work tonight....im still pullin for ya

Doof

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
and i just looked at the links from above and we always buy your pepper jack, i never connected two and two.... super bomb stuff, keep up the good cheese  :greengrin:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
:willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: I think I got the Job!  :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:
They haven't posted it yet, but they already have me scheduled for the day shift!  Thanks one and all!  :thumbs:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    :willynilly:      :beerchug:       :boobs:        :woohoo:        :hyper:       :cheer:       :willynilly:    

:cheese:

Where is the Mammoth?