Author Topic: First day of dayshift!! Thanks you all!  (Read 8381 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
First day of dayshift!! Thanks you all!
« on: Jul 28, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »
Well, after working 6 years at the Cheese Factory, which all of it has been working on swingshift.  I finally have the chance to go to days!   :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:  The person that runs the vats during days is getting married in September and has put his notice in, because he will be moving out of town!  The boss should be posting the bid job on Monday!!   :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:  Which I've been hoping for a day shift position for some time now!  The only difference between the two positions is the shift differential, $0.30 an hour for working swing!  And now I run the vats for half the day and then shut them down to clean the equipment for the other half of the night!  During day, I would run the vats for 8 straight hours! 

The biggest advantage of going to days would be to see my kids again!  :willynilly:  Sometimes, I feel like a divorced father, I only see the kids on my weekends!  And private time with my wife is hard to get sometimes!  Being home in the evenings again, we can do more things as a family.  I can get more stuff done in the evenings, because I can come straight home and do stuff.  Working swingshift, I hate trying to get the lawn mowed, because it hasn't dried out yet, and I really hate going to work already tired from working my butt off before work!

So, cross your fingers and hope that things fall into place for us!

The only downside would be, I would get less computer time! 
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2008, 05:34:38 PM by cheesemaker »
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Cross your fingers!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »
family time and wife time are more important than the $.30/hour and computer time

good luck :crossed:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:02:09 PM »
Good luck :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
Cross your fingers for me too cheesy.I'm in the same postion,hopefully I'll get to go to day shift myself.I've spent 9 yrs total working evenings and nites.I hope i hope i hope.

Good luck.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:37:01 PM »
im actually in the same position, my work crew is full of lazy people that wont do any work, my manager doesnt care.... i have bid out and had another manager approach me saying that he wants to hire me on his crew....

hoping for that, i would then also be under a different senior manager, and that would be awesome as well, the guy on my crew that im doing all his work for is buddies with my manager and senior... so im pretty much screwed on my crew... thats why i wnat out

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »
Hey, Jimbo I know EXACTLY what you mean!  I feel like we are in the same position.

In order for swingshift to get everything clean in a timely manner, and to have everything ready for production by midnight, we have to have 5 extra guys on the floor!  Which means too many idiots doing nothing, and bitchin that they are doing all the work.  I was raised to give my employer 100%, not 40% and pregnant dog about how they are underpaid!  We've got too many idiots because our HR person was a richard and stiffed us on couple people to teach us a lesson.  And those of you that belong to the union all know what happens! 
And the supervisor is all about who sucks his "manhood", and who's got a jetski!  I don't have time for a jet-ski, and I don't suck!!  I'm there to do a job to the best of my ability and go home, and not have to pick up the slack of everybody else that don't want to do anything!  Oh, and it doesn't help that the average age in swingshift is around 22-25!

Now dayshift is a different story.  Everybody has a job to do, and there isn't any extra guys to loaf around!  They have two extra guys only because they have a office/break relief position.  The people on days have been there as long as 25 years and is tired of the games and BS.  They do their job and go home!  This is all I ask for!

I have a goal, I want to BBQ everynight for an entire summer!  This isn't gonna happen if I'm working swingshift!  :yesnod:

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
i work for FedEx Express, and we aren't a union... that's the crummy part.... you have to be careful, because you dont have an advocate.... they would rather fire people like me that challenge them than the lazy people that dont do anything....

as a whole, fedex express is an awesome company to work for, they take good care of their employees, the crew i am on jsut sucks donkey nuts

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2007, 05:53:02 PM »
Good luck cheesemaker, after 6 years, you deserve a better shift.   :crossed:  Be awful good for the home life too.  You'll never be able to make up for lost time with the young'uns (or Mrs. cheesemaker!) so I hope it works out for you. 

ps...  I've toured your plant a few times -- couple times as an adult, and it used to be an occasional field trip when I was in school.  That was before all that glass kept the visitors isolated from the, er, delicate aromas wafting out of the vats.   :ack:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »
 :crossed: Good Luck.  I know how you feel I have not had a M-F 8-5 job since 1989 Nights and weekends rotating shifts for 18 years.  Man that seems like a long time and I have a wife and son as well.

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2007, 11:45:10 PM »
Hope you get it. There is nothing more important than family time and from the sounds of this it will help you out in that department.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2007, 08:41:42 AM »
Goodluck, sounds like a great opportunity. Don't get your hopes up too high though, sucks to be disappointed if you don't get it.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2007, 11:38:33 AM »

:cheer:  I'm pullin for ya, Cheesy! :cheer:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
I know!  I'm just patiently waiting, and if it doesn't happen, then be it so!  But, everybody thats above me in seniority are all in the positions that they want, and most of them don't want to run the vats! 

And now if the company can figure out a better work schedule than the 6 on and 2 off schedule!

I knew you would Diane!!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »
That means you'll be making more cheese, right :hyper:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »
8 straight hours!!   :cheese:

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »
I would like to put in a order for  :turtle3: shaped cheese!

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »
I would have one made for Marlin, made out of Pepper Jack.  :turtle3:

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »
Any Word yet???? we wanna know cheese, hehe

military_stang
:respect:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »
Hopefully I will find the sign up sheet today, if not I'm pounding on the boss's door!  The last day of the guy leaving is the 16th of next month!  So, I will know in 2 weeks if all goes as planned!  :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »
:crossed: here's hoping you get it cheesemaker!!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:08:10 PM »
Well did you find the sign up sheet or not?

Oh and BTW,it was made official for me today,I'M GOING TO FIRST SHIFT :woohoo:
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 03, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »
Right on Bubba!   :thumbs: 

I was told that they might not post it until the guy actually leaves!  I understand why, he's kind of a flake!  Which is fine, because I got some appointments that are set up in the morning before work right now, and it would be a pain to reschedule all of them!

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 03, 2007, 04:39:23 PM »
good luck. I know how you feel, my hours are midnight to noon.
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 04, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
I can't wait, they all know how bad I want it!  I want it for the fact I'll see my kids alot more.  I'm sick of coming home at midnight and having my wife say your kids were missing you.  Especially, my daughter she's a daddy's girl, and half the time she wants her daddy so bad when it's time to go to sleep!

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Re: Cross your fingers!!! 8/7/07
« Reply #24 on: Aug 07, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
Well, they finally put up the sign up sheet yesterday!  I was the first one to sign it!  There are only 3 guys that would be of any worry, but they can't work day shift due to laziness, children and various other reasons!   :crossed: :crossed:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #25 on: Aug 07, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »
 :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

How's that for crossin my fingers for yah :thumbs:  :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »
Thanks!  :crossed:

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 08, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
When you do find out cheese????

military_stang
:respect:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 08, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »
Hopefully in 10 business days!  :crossed: :crossed:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #29 on: Aug 08, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »
:thud:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way