Author Topic: First day of dayshift!! Thanks you all!  (Read 8366 times)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Re: Cross your fingers!!!
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »
  :crossed:  :crossed: :crossed: Goodluck!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »
:crossfingers: good luck man
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Aug 12, 2007, 02:17:07 PM »
So, far I'm in the lead!  But I'm not guaranteed!  One guy posted his name just to get me going!  :maddest:  But he crossed his name off!  But from the line up, I'm the most qualified, the most reliable, most seniority and dammit I want the job!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Aug 12, 2007, 03:17:53 PM »
 :crossed:  fingers still crossed, hang in there!   :thumbs:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Aug 12, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »
:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

You'll get it Cheesy! :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Re: Cross your fingers!!! update 8/20/07 @3:50 am
« Reply #35 on: Aug 20, 2007, 03:57:49 AM »
Well as of  today or yesterday the bid job was taken down, BUT!

Another person signed it, that has more seniority over me!   :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

I'm so pissed, he signed it (second hand info) just over politics with the management!  He applied for a non-union supervisor job and heard through the grapevine, that management won't allow him to leave swingshift.  So, he signed this bid job knowing how much this job meant to me and my family, to prove a point to management!  Maybe I'll have a better understanding tomorrow when I get to work!  In the meantime, I'm so worked up I can't sleep!  Hence the 3:56 am! 
 :wall: :wall: :wall: :censored: :censored: :censored:

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Aug 20, 2007, 04:02:07 AM »
that sucks! is there a possibility he wont actually accept the bid? i know where i work, a lot of people withdraw from consideration after bidding has closed
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Aug 20, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
  :crossed: :crossed: Good Luck hope everything works out for you!

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Aug 20, 2007, 05:54:55 AM »
Man I hope he changes his mind so things can work out for you!  Good luck...   :crossed: 

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Aug 20, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »
Sometimes people do back out after the job has been awarded.  Plus, there is 20 days to decide if you really do want the job!

Hopefully, management and him sit down and talk this out!  I really want to spend time with my family.  I'm really sick of not seeing my kids and especially my wife!  I feel like a divorced father! 

This is all happening because this guy, Kasey, who wants the non-union supervisor job, but was told that Matt is getting it, so Kasey wants Matt's old job, but the management told Matt that Kasey won't ever see a day shift job.  That's what it all boils down to!  But Matt, has been known to say things just to get you going, to start some stuff! 

I'm sick of this BS!  Hopefully, I want go in to work today and see I've been awarded the job!  I doubt it!  I bet Kasey won't answer his phone till he has to come to work!  Which is tomorrow.

Supposedly, they were supposed to post who got the jobs today!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Aug 20, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »
That is one (out of many) of the things I hate about unions...the best person doesn't necessarily get the job, the person who has been around the longest does.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:08:45 PM »
Yes I do agree that the union is past it's prime.  But on the other hand, if I didn't have the union, I'd be paying $300+ a month for insurance.  As it is now, my share is $40 a month now! 

Our plant in Eastern Oregon is non-union, and they have to pay $300+ for insurance and only make $1 more an hour than I do! 

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Yes I do agree that the union is past it's prime.  But on the other hand, if I didn't have the union, I'd be paying $300+ a month for insurance.  As it is now, my share is $40 a month now! 

Our plant in Eastern Oregon is non-union, and they have to pay $300+ for insurance and only make $1 more an hour than I do! 

I wonder which side of the health care cost issue you would be on if you owned the business.

I really didn't want to talk about unions...I just wish you luck on the job change!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »
I understand, I see both sides of the fence! 

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:27:42 PM »
i work for fedex express, and we arent union, but we have some pretty decent healthcare, my daughter and i cost like $120 a month, medical, dental, and vision.... they are also paying for my college units right now with tuition reimbursement. and im only a part time employee. i have a company paid $25k life insurance policy and an optional $25k one on top of that that costs me $.87 a month. not bad for a part time employee

for being non union, we do things very union..... the job bidding process sounds identical to your union stuff... the seniority gets the job unless its an interviewed position like a team leader or manager
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:28:24 PM »

:cheer: GO CHEESY GO!! :cheer:

Tell them MrsW said THE JOB IS YOURS AND SCREW THE REST OF THOSE LOSERS! :yupyup:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »
Diane I wish we lived closer, because I like your attitude, and moral support!  Thanks. 

It's just a bout time for me to get ready for work!  Thanks one and all!   :crossed:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Aug 20, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
  :cheer: GO CHEESY GO!! :cheer:

Tell them MrsW said THE JOB IS YOURS AND SCREW THE REST OF THOSE LOSERS! :yupyup:

If he gives you as a reference...you might not get anymore white cheddar.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Aug 20, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »
If he gives you as a reference...you might not get anymore white cheddar.

:willynilly:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Aug 20, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »
I hope things turn out for the better.I was told today that I would start my first shift postion next monday.If i can do it you can do it.Look on the brite side,it only took me 9 yrs.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Aug 21, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
UPDATE'S UPDATE'S UPDATE'S

military_stang
:respect:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Aug 21, 2007, 11:09:19 AM »
Well, here's the official, un-official update.  Officially~As of yesterday, 8/20/07. the bid job was given to Kasey.  Un-officially~Matt got the non-union supervisor job, but supervisors were the only ones told about it!  And my supervisor told a co-worker, who informed me!

So, Kasey wants Matt's old job, which is making starter on dayshift.  (starter is enzymes, and certain enzymes give cheese it's specific characteristics.  Mild flavor, to the holes in swiss)  So, Kasey took the vat job to basically give management the finger after they told him, he'll never see dayshift! 
Matt will be taking his new job ??  The last time they filled this position, it took almost 9 months from the time they were awarded the job, to them actually starting the new position! 

So, I'll eventually get the job, it maybe anytime from next week (if Kasey decides to not take it) to up to almost a year!  You gotta love politics!!   

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Aug 21, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »
Well, here's the official, un-official update.  Officially~As of yesterday, 8/20/07. the bid job was given to Kasey.  Un-officially~Matt got the non-union supervisor job, but supervisors were the only ones told about it!  And my supervisor told a co-worker, who informed me!

So, Kasey wants Matt's old job, which is making starter on dayshift.  (starter is enzymes, and certain enzymes give cheese it's specific characteristics.  Mild flavor, to the holes in swiss)  So, Kasey took the vat job to basically give management the finger after they told him, he'll never see dayshift! 
Matt will be taking his new job ??  The last time they filled this position, it took almost 9 months from the time they were awarded the job, to them actually starting the new position! 

So, I'll eventually get the job, it maybe anytime from next week (if Kasey decides to not take it) to up to almost a year!  You gotta love politics!!   

Politics hell! That's better than Dallas or Dynasty. My heart goes out to you...working there.

BTW, will there be a end of season cliffhanger?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Stay tuned, I haven't gotten into the Rachel, Darla, or Dale stories yet!  That's just a warm-up.  Then my asshat of a supervisor, whom I have no respect for, even if he was drowning, I'd grab a fire hose, to make sure he was thoroughly wet, Kevin!   

And will Garrett realize his fiance is marrying him, cause he knocked her up and is after the child support?
Does Bob realize he has homosexual tendencies?
And will Rob just quit and become a fisherman?

Stay tuned for the next episode

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
Stay tuned, I haven't gotten into the Rachel, Darla, or Dale stories yet!  That's just a warm-up.  Then my asshat of a supervisor, whom I have no respect for, even if he was drowning, I'd grab a fire hose, to make sure he was thoroughly wet, Kevin!   

And what about Naomi?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile

And will Garrett realize his fiance is marrying him, cause he knocked her up and is after the child support?
Does Bob realize he has homosexual tendencies?
And will Rob just quit and become a fisherman?

Stay tuned for the next episode

WE WANNA  KNOW MORE WE WANNA KNOW MORE!!! HAHAHA

That really sucks cheese, sorry to hear, but hopefully you will get it soon so you can spend more time with your children and wife....

military_stang
:respect:

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
No Naomi!  But we have a Lucas, Becky, 3 Joshs, 2 Brians oh and a very long legged, tight jeaned Jessica!  :drooling:  There's more but they are all boring and lame!  But the Rob, Garrett, and Bob are true! 

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
I know it sucks to work odd shifts, I worked 2nd and a half (4pm to 4:30 am) for a long time...I'd come home, hang out, wake Anna up, fix her breakfast, take to school, pass out, wake up, take her to gymnastics, go to work...it was only 4 days a week, so we actually had tons of time together. It may take some time...but it'll get better.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
My oldest son is starting to not respect me since I'm at work 80% of the time he's home!  He'll listen to his mom and grandma, but I'm just some yahoo.

When school comes around I don't see them except for weekends.  Which is really starting to get to me!  I want to be there at their games and such.  I don't have any friends anymore, cause I always have to cancel out get togethers due to my swingshift schedule!  I'd try graveyard, but trying to get in a sleep schedule would be the hardest! 

My wife and I would have a better relationship if I had days!  I always get the your not here attitude, which makes me feel like an :moon:.  We won't even cover our private time together!  Or lack of!

She knows that it all takes time, but our patience is getting very thin!