Author Topic: "Raise your gas prices or we'll sue you!!" - Department of Agriculture  (Read 2399 times)

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography

MERRILL, Wis. - A service station that offered discounted gas to senior citizens and people supporting youth sports has been ordered by the state to raise its prices. Center City BP owner Raj Bhandari has been offering senior citizens a 2 cent per gallon price break and discount cards that let sports boosters pay 3 cents less per gallon. But the state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says those deals violate Wisconsin's Unfair Sales Act, which requires stations to sell gas for about 9.2 percent more than the wholesale price. Bhandari said he received a letter from the state auditor last month saying the state would sue him if he did not raise his prices. The state could penalize him for each discounted gallon he sold, with the fine determined by a judge. Bhandari, who bought the station a year ago, said he worries customers will think he stopped the discounts because he wants to make more money. About 10 percent of his customers had used the discount cards. Dale Van Camp said he bought a $50 card to support the local youth hockey program. It would have saved him about $100 per year on gas, he said.

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
 :shakehead: Disgraceful!
Time to go wheelin!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Kinda makes you proud to be an american............ wait, that's not the emotion I was going for :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Well Uncle Sam needs his money  :dunno:

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 816
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile

no the oil guys do, like they dont have enough anyways
4THEWKN

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile

Good sentiment, wrong uncle. It's the state DOA...Uncle Cheesehead.

There no substitute for effective government  :crazy:

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
I know this much everyone is getting paid but me  :thumbdown:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
no the oil guys do, like they dont have enough anyways

I don't think the "oil guys" have anything to do with this. Since it's the DOA, it might have something to do with corn subsidies and ethanol.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Does wisconsin have the gas sales at safeway and costco and such? where you can get like .03 off with a club card?  :dunno:  wouldn't this kinda be the same thing?  :dunno:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
Does wisconsin have the gas sales at safeway and costco and such? where you can get like .03 off with a club card?  :dunno:  wouldn't this kinda be the same thing?  :dunno:

Hmmm, good question...but, don't ask too loudly or they might booger that up too.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

Hmmm, good question...but, don't ask too loudly or they might booger that up too.

:lipsrsealed:  OOPS!  Sorry
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
He has to pay for the gas & taxes then he gets his cut for any other expenses. Sounds like he's give customers his profit. What's the big deal  :dunno:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
He has to pay for the gas & taxes then he gets his cut for any other expenses. Sounds like he's give customers his profit. What's the big deal  :dunno:
thats how i see it, but how the government sees it is that he's not paying for all of the taxes i guess?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
wow this is getting stupid i would stop driving if i no bills to pay and no family to suport
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60